Respected Contributor

Re: A230025 animal jacquard jacket aka tortoise shell jacket

Well, I ordered the olive in XS. No grey in that size but I put the grey and olive in XXS on check hold, just in case. As much as I love the chocolate and topaz, they are too similar to the earthy olive, iykwim. I think I'll get the composition jacket in tobacco.

Thank you all for your input!
Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom

The topaz and chocolate look different in person.  I own gray, olive, chocolate as well as topaz.  Each look very different after I accessorize.  It is probably dumb that I own all four colors.  I have enjoyed this Linea jacket very much.  I always look good when I wear these jackets.  

Honored Contributor

I own this jacket in grey and olive.  It has gotten pushed to the back of the closet.  Thanks for reminding me to get it out this fall.  

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

@crazycockermom

The topaz and chocolate look different in person.  I own gray, olive, chocolate as well as topaz.  Each look very different after I accessorize.  It is probably dumb that I own all four colors.  I have enjoyed this Linea jacket very much.  I always look good when I wear these jackets.  

Do you own any tobacco items and do they coordinate with the topaz jacket?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@culebra
Lol - it's not dumb you own all four colors. I own multiples in several items. I'm just trying to be good. After getting another dog and incurring more expenses, I'm limiting myself, well, sort of. I just know there are so many more Linea items I want, I can't have it all. I want all four swing tanks, a composition jacket, forget what else. I actually think I want all four Etruscan necklaces coming in August!
Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom

I know I am having decision issue also especially about the composition jacket.

Respected Contributor

I now get what all the fuss is about.  I got my olive yesterday and love it.  Fits great and is slimming and comfy.  Glad I went with the XS as I feel the XXS would've been too snug.  So I can't get the grey in my size, but may have to go back for the chocolate or topaz.  Thank you all for encouraging me to get it!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom

1. TaDa!!! So glad you love this jacket! The multiple reorders speaks to its popularity and now you've joined the happy ranks. Too bad the gray won't work out for you. Who knows if one will pop up, hard to say. Here's a couple of ides that will work with your gray boho and more. Can't find the jacket in its gray/black color combo but the pic will give you some food for thought. And the top, another popular item loved by many will be complimentary in this 'taupe' color.Screenshot_2017-07-13-12-57-51-1.pngScreenshot_2017-07-13-12-50-16-1.png

Both from ebay. You can check size info and read reviews if you're not familiar with these garments. 

I wear my gray boho with a capped sleeve white lacey style blouse which has applique cutouts around the neckline. Paired with a deep mustard soft leather belt, tied on. Nice contrast, several colors will compliment the gray and make it interesting and pop. A straw hat, sandals and out the door.

I have a short medium light colored denim wash jacket that looks nice if needed on a cool day. 

Enjoy your new jacket!

Respected Contributor

Re: UPDATE on A230025 animal jacquard jacket aka tortoise shell jacket

@rochelleS
Thanks for all the ideas! You are quite the enabler. Smiley Happy

Your grey hobo outfit sounds really cool! The blouse sounds especially beautiful and with a mustard belt - wow!
Valued Contributor

Re: UPDATE on A230025 animal jacquard jacket aka tortoise shell jacket

This jacket is one of my all time favorites.  I have three colors.  I wore the red over a pair of black slacks to a Dr. appt. and as I got ready to get on the scale, the busy nurse finally noticed me and said "Wow!  You look good!"  I think it knocks off more than 10 pounds Smiley Happy  And you feel so confident in it.  I like to wear the red one over a red dress I have in a light weight jersey.  Barely a whisper of a thing... I zip the jacket up to where I want it and the red skirt flows so nicely below the jacket.  It's almost criminal going out in public feeling like you are in jammies.  Definitely an eye catcher and one of the nicest fits Louis has ever designed.