Respected Contributor

UPDATE on A230025 animal jacquard jacket aka tortoise shell jacket

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Today is feee shipping day!! Time to get some things I've been holding off on. RochelleS has me wanting A230025 again. I held off before because I wasn't sure which color. After reading the reviews. I'm uncertain which size to get. So many say to size up. Is this the case for most of you? I'm often in between sizes XXS and XS. In other Linea ponte jackets I take an XXS. But in some items, I definitely need the XS.
I also don't see myself wearing more than a tank or tee underneath since I'm in Florida. Suggestions? And which is your favorite color of the remaining choices. I'm thinking grey or olive.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: A230025 animal jacquard jacket aka tortoise shell jacket

morewine

How I envy you that the Grey is still available in your size!  I've been stalking a Large in that shade for over a year with no results.  Have done due diligence on the 'Bay, as well.

"Large" is typically my size with Linea, and this jacket proved to be true-to-size.  On my third purchase of this jacket, I discovered that it can act as my top -- no need to put anything under it.  The jacket knocks off 10 lbs. and makes one shapelier.  What more can a girl ask for?

This jacket is an an example of Linea excellence, to my mind.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Goldie! Since it's free shipping I'll try the grey in the XXS. Now my dilemma is if it get the olive, which size. I'll figure it out. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

I think you should go with the xxs. In Florida, as you say, you will just wear a tank ot tee, and probably wear it open. I have both colors so you can't go wrong.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Marilyn!
Esteemed Contributor

Melissa, I originally ordered this in xs. Later at a reduced price xs was not available so I picked up a small. Yes, there is a difference but not much. From memory an approx 2" difference between sizes, (excluding shoulder)  The smaller size is a closer fit, it hugs me. Looks and feels ok yet layering anything other than a shell or tank is about all I'd like to do. Going up with the small still is figure flattering. With or without anything underneath yet gives me an option to layer with a bit more ease. My BFF lives in FL and often goes up a size to gain more breathability, ease and comfort in your climate. If you like to wear close fitting garments stick with xxs.  Do check the measurements paying attention to the shoulder and bust. These are key areas for fit. I personally look at the armhole measurement too, as it's applicable to my broader shoulders and comfort moving, and flexibility reaching etc.

You might want to compare any xs garments you own with the measurements of this jacket too. If any are ponte or a stretchy fabric all the more better to help you compare #'s in a like kind fabric. 

Whatever you choose, you're going to love this jacket. It's very sharp and another beloved Linea classic!

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom

Or grab your xxs and put xs on check. You'll receive your order in time to cxl or reorder and still preserve the free shipping too.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS
Thanks so much for your input. I compared measurements to the ponte hooded blazer which I have in an XXS. The XS tortoiseshell is more comparable. I'm afraid the XXS will be too tight, especially across the chest and back. So, I think I'll order the XS and put the XXS on check hold. Although I'm doing the opposite of what you said, thanks for the idea!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom Great! At least you've covered your bases. I'm assuming you watched the video?  I believe Kate, the model is in xs, although lately when they've asked for sizes, she's in xxs. It can be a test, especially of late when there's differences in the measurements as in some of the newer garments, which has been discussed here. I've had a little trial and error with a couple garments. Oh well, it all work$ out in the end.

Sayin' it again, you're going to luv this little jacket. Do report back when you receive it, please!

Did you grab the gray? Don't miss it...

Respected Contributor

Buy those jackets!  I own 4 in different colors.  They are all so slimming and versatile.  I accessorize each in different ways with scarves, jewelry, blouses underneath etc. They are also perfect for traveling especially business.  You take them out - no wrinkles etc. and so appropriate and expensive looking.