Regular Contributor

Just ordered this .. I'll wear it with jeans and a tank with boots or heels depending on where I'm headed.  So glad, I saw that this was posted... I totally missed the earlier blazer but actually, I think the Tuxedo jacket is going to work even better for me.  Louis' jackets are THE best!  

Trusted Contributor

I bought both the sequin pants and the tuxedo jacket without having any idea of where I will wear them!  I had plenty of occasions where I would wear the tux which  was damaged by Sandy, together with the sequin pants.  But our lives have gotten more casual since then. 

I will wear both now but more casually, the tux with jeans and boots and the sequin pants with my WK black cardi.  I'll also try my tux with my black boho and boots and with my black velvet jeans.  Time to get creative!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tuxedo jacket

[ Edited ]

@Barbara in Virginia wrote:

I bought both the sequin pants and the tuxedo jacket without having any idea of where I will wear them!  I had plenty of occasions where I would wear the tux which  was damaged by Sandy, together with the sequin pants.  But our lives have gotten more casual since then. 

I will wear both now but more casually, the tux with jeans and boots and the sequin pants with my WK black cardi.  I'll also try my tux with my black boho and boots and with my black velvet jeans.  Time to get creative!

@Barbara in Virginia

The boho is a good idea! Didn't Louis do a black velvet boho at one time too? Reading your post reminded me of previously seeing one on ebay. Another vintage skirt that might work too is either the silver or gold black based metallics that were offered some years back with matching tops. A gorgeous fabric for the holidays or a special occasion. Do you remember these? I'll have to check for that item# in the morning.

I  really like and look forward to pairing the tux with jeans too. I want a razor sharp, impeccable fit. Nothing slouchy for this pairing, or with the matching or sequin pants too. 

Honored Contributor

rochelle,

I own both outfits.  The skirts have Fortuny-like pleats.  

Just sumptuously gorgeous!

Respected Contributor

@Barbara in Virginia wrote:

@Barbara in Virginia

I think we may all be thinking of places to go and invitations to accept that othewise we would've passed on! But, that's OK. We'll be getting out more and kicking up our heels with our new acquisition. Nothing says fun like a tuxedo suit, no matter where we take it.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, Louis did a velvet boho in both black and magenta, which I still have.  I had forgotten about the Fortuny-type separates, which I also have!

I need to make a card catalog of Linea that I have.  I go back so far and have so much that I forget what I have. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The metallic-looking set with Fortuny-like pleats in the skirt was A217982 (item number for the skirt).   Selling name was "Long Crinkle Metallic Pull-on Skirt."

I am unable to find it on Louis's blog and having difficulty copying the QVC photo of it to paste.  You can key in the item number and see it, though.

The silver one, I think, would be fabulous with the tuxedo jacket. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76 wrote:

The metallic-looking set with Fortuny-like pleats in the skirt was A217982

I am unable to find it on Louis's blog and having difficulty copying the QVC photo of it to paste.  You can key in the item number and see it, though.

The silver one, I think, would be fabulous with the tuxedo jacket. 

I remember it! The matching top had lettuce edges on the hem and the sleeves had elastic.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

That's the one, Sheesh!

Very posh-looking outfit. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Found the gold Fortuny-like skirt on another site.  XS available.  On second thought, the new tuxedo jacket would like mighty fine with the gold skirt, too.