Respected Contributor

@author wrote:

@GraceCO

Ok, you tipped me over the edge  on the tuxedo jacket....ordered it tonight and will give it a go when it arrives. 

I think I may love it, have always wanted one, have the matching pants and the sequin pants, but need to find a way to wear it more often, less formally, so I'm paying attention here to what everyone says!

@author

I'm thinking through more casual outfits, too, and I don't think we'll have a tough time finding them. This jacket doesn't  scream tuxedo/fancy to me at least. I've seen tuxedo jackets worn casually even here in CO--thrown over a t-shirt, jeans and converse sneakers even...or boots. I'm playing around with my velvet maxi and midi skirts, too. I think this jacket can be edgy in the way the moto jacket is. Once we start shopping our closets, we should be able to find options. Let the fun begin! lol Hope you like the jacket.

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO

Thanks!  I hope I like it too, and will give it a good try when it arrives to see how it looks as a tuxedo, which I imagine will be splendid, and then as a jacket "with interesting details"!  

Valued Contributor

I received my tuxedo jacket today and I am so relieved, especially in light of the recent debacle with the trench fabric jacket and all the reports of incorrect items being sent out.  I was also anxious about the fit since I sized down one size from the size 8 I wear in the short trench.  The fit of the size 6  is perfect.  I am so glad I decided to get this jacket especially since it appears I will never receive the trench fabric jacket.  This jacket can easily be dressed up or worn in an edgy casual way.  I highly recommend this beautiful jacket.

Trusted Contributor

I just opened mine tonight.  It’s beautiful.  The satin really makes the jacket  as well as the satin covered buttons. I am waiting to see how Louis styles this jacket.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tuxedo Jacket Review

[ Edited ]

Oh my, my, my goodness! This jacket is magnificent! Quietly magnificent. The tailoring is impeccable, the seaming, fit and details perfect, the satin trim and buttons meld softly with the fabric. 

To me, this jacket bespeaks a woman with poise, confidence, and knows how to dress with grace and style. A quiet panache. It is pure class. A classic, which will never go out of style, a true landmark in Linea garments. I felt my slow smile widen while opening and trying this true beauty on. Like the cat that ate, no, bought, the tuxedo jacket. I am still smiling! 

While the twinkle of night lights beckons this jacket, I have it hanging while I fuss with the more casual side it definitely offers. I'm playing with denim skirts now. I've a few styles going on. Pencil skirts both long and short look very good in addition to a softer, drape-y denim skirt that buttons all the way up the front with in seam pockets and slightly gathered waist which surprisingly works quite well. The options appear to be rather broad when working with a well structured classic jacket. I'm not even remotely finished shopping my closet and my eyebrows seem to be fixed high on my forehead with that Cheshire Cat grin stuck on my face.

Don't miss this one ladies!  Get off that fence, I'm so glad I did! ♡♡♡

Super Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

Oh my, my, my goodness! This jacket is magnificent! Quietly magnificent. The tailoring is impeccable, the seaming, fit and details perfect, the satin trim and buttons meld softly with the fabric. 

To me, this jacket bespeaks a woman with poise, confidence, and knows how to dress with grace and style. A quiet panache. It is pure class. A classic, which will never to go out of style landmark Linea garment. I felt my slow smile widen while opening and trying this true beauty on. Like the cat that ate, no, bought, the tuxedo jacket. I am still smiling! 

While the twinkle of night lights beckons this jacket, I have it hanging while I fuss with the more casual side it definitely offers. I'm playing with denim skirts now. I've a few styles going on. Pencil skirts both long and short look very good in addition to a softer, drape-y denim skirt that buttons all the way up the front with in seam pockets and slightly gathered waist which surprisingly works quite well. The options appear to be rather broad when working with a well structured classic jacket. I'm not even remotely finished shopping my closet and my eyebrows seem to be fixed high on my forehead with that Cheshire Cat grin stuck on my face.

Don't miss this one ladies!  Get off that fence, I'm so glad I did! ♡♡♡

I would love to hear your ideas how to make this casual with a denim skirt. I am trying to justify how much wear I would get and i love a good denim skirtSmiley Happy

Floral Pillow
Honored Contributor

Mine arrived & I love it. The satin covered buttons really make the jacket special. I’m on the hunt for either a ivory or black lace camisole so post your finds so I can see the choices.

I’ve got a black and a sea salt camisole from Coldwater Creek as choices but they have no lace. Coldwater Creek does make a sleeveless lace at the V neck & hem shell that comes in a gazillion color choices. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tuxedo Jacket Review

[ Edited ]

@RhondaRena

So far I've played with a short pencil skirt with a off center front slit, a long mid calf length witht buttons all the way down and the 5 pockets like you see in jeans. I've got a white denim, similar style as my short pencil but longer, just past the knee. Then the lightly gathered button front I'd mentioned which is a light wash color. I have a slight A line that is gored, but thinking nah due to the A shape but haven't tried it on yet. Also have a long black denim tulip skirt that I'd be ok shortening. Then there's an inverted pleat little number that is actually culottes which I'll be checking out too. I have some embroidered denim and dresses I'll be pulling out. Check out the Linea denim dress with the lace up sleeve detail that came out earlier this year in blue and dark khaki denim. Mine is hanging next to the jacket and they don't look too bad together. Martha Stewart had an embroidered slim tsv jean in several colors and washes you might want to check out. I'm not even close to pairing similar cut or style garments in other fabrics, textures, ie LDO's bold  houndstooth skirt, ( about 5ish yrs old now) etc or fun and funky footwear that'll pull outfits together.

I probably have an avalanche of options to explore.  I think it might be easier if you share what you have available and might want to pair with the jacket. Whatcha think?

Honored Contributor

It looks beautiful and I broke down and ordered two sizes.  I'm just afriad that it might not be flattering on me since I'm an apple shape and it might be too fitted through the middle.  I'll have to see how it fits.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS All your options sound fabulous!  I agree that there are many ways to wear this gorgeous Tuxedo Jacket!

I haven’t received mine yet but an option I’m thinking of is wearing it with the Linea Black Floral Boho Skirt - A341735 - and Black stretch Faux Suede Knee High Boots.