Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tuxedo Jacket Review

[ Edited ]

@Seka

Thank you. There's sooo many things we can pair with this jacket. It's truly amazing! I think a boho will look good but I haven't gotten there yet, lol. I posted this boho alternative on the other Tuxedo Jacket thread. Don't know if you saw it but the skirt is stunning. A sleeper, imo. If someone doesn't want the tiered skirt, this will give a leaner look. Petite length too. I have the deep brown/olive combo and absolutely love it. Either way, your faux suede boots will be perfect! You'll be stylin'!!!

I bot this faux suede over the knee boot on a LTS. I really stepped out of my comfort zone... possibly my mind too. I rec'd the wine color and it's stunning. Very high quality faux suede and a perfect Linea Port match. Ya hear that Ladies! The Black is on its way. I'm still shaking my head about these but there is an option of either cutting them down or better, perhaps, fashioning a fold over flap that's very doable. I'm way out of my box with these but they are really really pretty. And uber comfy too.

Do you remember or possibly own the floral printed velvet midi Louis did years ago? Had a matching surplice styled top? Or another skirt, I believe it was velvet also, with a paint brushed abstract type of print? (can't remember what the top looked like right now) Either of these would be nice with the tux jacket and boots too.

You are going to just flip when your jacket arrives. Totally swoon worthy. I can't imagine anyone not loving this garment. I look forward to your impression and more styling ideas!

Screenshot_2018-11-01-12-17-16-1.pngScreenshot_2018-11-01-11-25-11-1.png

Respected Contributor

Rochelle, I have the black version of the floral and blackn suede boots which will look great with the tuxedo.

Trusted Contributor

You guys are wearing me down!  After the black and port blazers, caramel trench and turtleneck and all three suede pants (and a long expensive vacation!), I SWORE I wasn't buying the tuxedo jacket!  But all your outfit combos are doing a job on me!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tuxedo Jacket Review

[ Edited ]

I received my jacket!  Gorgeous I ordered a size up as well because of my girls so I shall see which works best for me.

This is so much more than a tuxedo jacket (sexy too) I can wear this pretty much over anything depending on the accessories and what's underneath (tank, blouse, sequin top).  I didn't get a chance to see how it works with my black tuxedo pants but I will.  I use to own a tuxedo dress but it was damaged years ago by flooding.

I must say with the exception of a hanger, it was packed impeccable.  Sleeves were folded in the back, the body of the jacket was folded once, all buttons were buttoned and placed nice and secure in a plastic bag in the box.  When I took it out I could have wore it out the door not a wrinkle in sight.

Respected Contributor

Sammijo, you will only ever need one tuxedo jacket in your life, and this is IT. It's that good.

Esteemed Contributor

Ditto to @Marlyn1 and I highly doubt you will see this quality for the price.

Super Contributor

I would love to order this tux jacket, but I have a (thrifted!) wool blend fine boucle tuxedo jacket that I have worn for years to more casual holiday parties with a lace tank and light wash jeans and black cowboy boots. Yes, I am probably more “artsy” than some here, but just suggesting another way that you may get more wear out of your new tux jackets.

I also wear it with camo pants and an army green t-shirt, tan booties.

Or green cargo pants and black tee with red or black booties.

Or red jeans, a black sequin tank and white Converse. Or for office, swap the sequins for a black and white stripe tee top.

Think outside the box. There are many ways to wear a great tuxedo jacket.

Super Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

It looks beautiful and I broke down and ordered two sizes.  I'm just afriad that it might not be flattering on me since I'm an apple shape and it might be too fitted through the middle.  I'll have to see how it fits.

@haddon9 I too am apple-ish, or actually more straight. I find that Louis’ jackets tend to make me look like I have a waist, even though I do not. (I passed this one reluctantly since I have a perfect tuxedo jacket already, so I can’t speak to this exact jacket.) He is such a superb designer, I would recommend if you like it and want it to take a chance on it. You can always wear it unbuttoned with a black top if it feels uncomfortable buttoned..

Honored Contributor

@PodyPo . My thoughts on the jacket too!  I'll probably wear it open with a black top under it.

It should arrive either tday or tomorrow so I will see how it fits!

Respected Contributor

My tuxedo jacket arrived about an hour ago and I was ready to try it on!!  It is out-of-the-park incredible; if you are on the fence, jump off and get it like everyone else has already said.  

Too many metaphors, I know.

The fit is the best yet of any of the blazer jackets, and I am a size 18.  So flattering, nips in at the waist, not oversized at all, very feminine and lovely.  Details and fabric top notch.  Did I say FLATTERING???

I had some fun trying on a variety of things I had ready and it looks just as nice with skinny jeans and black patent/tweed Chanel type flats and a black lace Isaac top for a more casual yet dressy look, as it does "all done up" like a tuxedo, or even more casual with a cable sweater and black pants.  

There are so many options, with skirts, pants, boots, pumps, flats, sweaters or silk camis, this is definitely a keeper and a must in one's wardrobe.  

I can't believe the quality and style for this price.  

The sleeves were not too long for me, so you long-armed ladies might want to see how it works on the tall models.

LOVE this jacket.  This fall has been the best with new Linea.  Thank you Louis!!!!!