Respected Contributor

Re: Tulle skirt

[ Edited ]

@1jac wrote:

Do you think pairing the skirt with a sequined top ( I just ordered a Martha Stewart one)  to be worn to a black tie wedding would be "too much"?

Hi, I looked up the Martha Stewart Sequined Top, and while it is very beautiful, I think it will compete for attention with the skirt.  I would not wear them together.  I would go for a more understated black top and add either the Linea Black Glass beads from years ago or the new Glitterati beads to add just the right amount of sparkle. The skirt is the star of the show! Why don't you ask Louis the same question on Ask Louis.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

I would like to suggest the Tile jewelry to go with a black sweater & that skirt.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor
First of all, the skirt is beautiful. Did not buy because don’t know where I would wear it. After reading here I think it would be nice to wear for a professional photo shoot, nothing to do with a wedding. I do like the idea of a black twin set which would be more my style. Glad you started this thread.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45   I think the skirt would be beautiful for you to wear to the wedding.  I do not think it would be in competition with the bride or even the bridesmaids dresses. 

It is a beautiful skirt and the embroidery is exquisite, it is not "flashy" in any any nor would it ever detract from the bride.  I hate the typical Mother of The Bride looks.  This is elegant.  If it were me, I would wear it without hesitation.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the taped show when I got home from work yesterday since I tuned in late and missed the skirt......all I can say is WOW it is beautiful and so elegant.

I did not purchase it but I love the idea of wearing it with a black twinset.

Trusted Contributor

I plan on wearing to office parties, Christmas parties and yes, weddings. I think any special occasion.   With a black sweater, turtleneck or silk blouse, I think it is gorgeous.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the Latte and have absolutely no idea how I'll wear it ... I like the idea of a black turtleneck, but not sure yet.

Louis mentioned the skirt in the Sundance catalog ... it's being worn super casual, but the colors are also different ... here's a pic:

Super Contributor

I ordered both colors as I have a hard time with dressy items I love EXCEPT when it’s Louis! I’m wearing one of them to a black tie wedding at the end of this month. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For aesthetic reference, below are the Linea embroidered tulle skirts again.  As far as their eye-catching quotient goes, they are far more powerful than the one above, I believe.  Yes, I realize there is a different aesthetic guiding the skirt in the Sundance catalog, but I still think the Linea is far superior to it.  p.s.  I finally caved.

Respected Contributor

These Dior Embroidered Tuille Skirts are very ‘fancy’ but look great as a casual look.

C28090BF-B717-4D78-AC54-F3EB4BE012C9.jpeg

E9FE7DFB-8561-4047-BE7F-E51057629218.jpeg

81EAFC6C-E175-4C8A-B3A8-7B9595C6FBB8.jpeg