Trusted Contributor

Where do you plan on wearing the Tulle skirt that Linea presented today?

Would it be too dressy to wear to church service?

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153  If you're referring to the "embroidered" skirt that I see in his show for today, it certainly would be overdressing for my church services---LOL!!!  I would wear this to a wedding or other formal, semi-formal event.  

Trusted Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

Where do you plan on wearing the Tulle skirt that Linea presented today?

Would it be too dressy to wear to church service?

We have all the family over Christmas Eve and we all dress up, so I will wear it then. We all attend Christmas services immediately after, so yes, I think it is fine for church. I may not be the only one dressed up at church, but I bet this skirt will be the most eye catching!

I think changing the choice of top determines the level of dressiness if you will. Pairing it with a black twinset looks a bit more casual. A velvet top more formal. I love the idea of wearing it in the summer with a tank top, too.

Your choice of jewelry will impact the look of course as well as the footwear chosen.

I'm looking forward to playing in my closet to create different looks as Louis always suggests we do.

Enjoy your new skirt!

Esteemed Contributor

I think it would be fine for church events too like my church we celebrate the church milestones and other events that the congregation gets dressed up to celebrate at catering halls and such and some jobs if your still working have dressed up celebrations.

I wasn't planning on purchasing it because I have so many formal clothes already but I've learned never to say never.

Esteemed Contributor

I plan to wear it to a wedding next fall.

I think this skirt is best worn for dressy holiday events or other very dressy occasions.

I hope it looks as good on me as it did on the TV presentation today.

i like the idea of pairing it with a fine gauge black twinset, which I own. 

Regular Contributor

I will wear mine to an elegant charity fundraiser gala at a downtown hotel. Also, I could wear it out for dinner, to a cocktail party, a wedding, a dressy political fundraising event, on New Year's Eve, or to a fancy holiday pary. I'm not putting it away for the warm months, either. I can see it with a silk (or silky) tank and metallic sandals at summer occasions. Whether it would be appropriate for worship services depends on the culture of the congregation, I would think.

Valued Contributor

Do you think pairing the skirt with a sequined top ( I just ordered a Martha Stewart one)  to be worn to a black tie wedding would be "too much"?

Respected Contributor

I will definitely wear the blue to my churches candle light service on Christmas Eve. Many get very dressy and it's a beautiful night. I put mine on speed delivery because I have weddings coming up in Nov and Dec. Thank goodness they are all different people.

Trusted Contributor

@1jac wrote:

Do you think pairing the skirt with a sequined top ( I just ordered a Martha Stewart one)  to be worn to a black tie wedding would be "too much"?

To a black-tie wedding? I think it would be beautiful! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tulle skirt

[ Edited ]

@1jac wrote:

No, not at all I think it would be lovely.  What is the number of the Martha Stewart top? Oh, I just found the top and wow it would go so well with the skirt.  You wil be the prettiest dressed lady at the wedding I am sure.