Valued Contributor

@TeachRsPet wrote:

I ordered both colors as I have a hard time with dressy items I love EXCEPT when it’s Louis! I’m wearing one of them to a black tie wedding at the end of this month. 

I'm planning to wear mine to a wedding at the end of the month too! Unless your wedding is in NYC, in which case I'll have to wear a different outfit😬 Is it?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tulle skirt

[ Edited ]

Come to think of it ... I think I will wear it with a black turtleneck,  the black leather jacket with knit sleeves, and black suede boots ... problem solved.

Valued Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

@1jac wrote:

Do you think pairing the skirt with a sequined top ( I just ordered a Martha Stewart one)  to be worn to a black tie wedding would be "too much"?

Hi, I looked up the Martha Stewart Sequined Top, and while it is very beautiful, I think it will compete for attention with the skirt.  I would not wear them together.  I would go for a more understated black top and add either the Linea Black Glass beads from years ago or the new Glitterati beads to add just the right amount of sparkle. The skirt is the star of the show! Why don't you ask Louis the same question on Ask Louis.

Sheesh I,took,your advicej and asked Louis about the sequin top! He agreed with you that it would be too much!! So, unless TEACHRSPET is going to the same wedding I'll wear my original outfit planned of  LDO's sequin pants!

Respected Contributor

Sox, I love that outfit!

Trusted Contributor

I'm so happy for and a little jealous of you ladies that got this beautiful treasure.  I have no occaision for such a skirt, but I appreciate that Louis brings such beautiful things to us.

Super Contributor

1jac you are safe! My wedding is not in NY. But I have those sequin pants too so watch Out! 😂😂😂

Valued Contributor

@TeachRsPet wrote:

1jac you are safe! My wedding is not in NY. But I have those sequin pants too so watch Out! 😂😂😂

Hahaha! I feel much better now. Too bad I gave myself away on those sequins. I'll be looking over my shoulder.😬😀

Valued Contributor

@1jac if you read Louis's recap of the show he mentions that necklace.  It's in paragraph 6 & will be coming for the holidays.  He calls it "Twisted Sister" but QVC is calling it entwined or interlocked.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tulle skirt

[ Edited ]

Should I buy this piece, which I am contemplating, I would wear to cultural arts parties, social club events during holidays, theater with boots and leather jacket, charity fundraising event, etc.   

Should I order, it will be the latte and I am contemplating wearing either a black hammered silk top or a putty-like color stretch velvet.  I will wait until I see it in situ but I am "thinking..."  Often my thoughts are abandoned when I see an article of clothing, but just sayin'.....

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am now considering this skirt for a "mother of the bride" look.

i had planned to wear a wide leg palazzo pant, but have not yet found a top or dressy jacket that i want.

i think this might fit the bill.

does anyone know if this has any stretch at all? my only concern is the lining.

@sunshine45 

Will the groom's family hold a rehearsal dinner the evening before?  If so, would this be appropriate for the venue at which it will be held?  I was MOB and MOG and found that I could be a little more uptown in my dress at the rehearsal dinner, whereas I wanted to dress conservatively but in keeping with the wedding's overall look for wedding day.