Respected Contributor

Re: Trench coat reorder, what do you think?

I only have one of these trench coats, olive, and love it and wear it often.  I would get another in a longer length, grey or blackberry or black.  

The cut and  shaping of this is so flattering (I wear the belt off or tied loosely in the back as I have no waist now) when it is buttoned, and the longer length in this same shape would be astonishingly wonderful.  

I might like a hood but sometimes that just makes it messy, and I can certainly carry an umbrella if necessary.  I have a Jones NY black shorter trench with a hood and zip-out lining that I wear in stormy weather with my Dooney under it, and I wear the Linea trench as a regular coat, not rain gear.

Respected Contributor

I am not sure I would purchase.  As I am not tall the current trench is full length on me. I already own the black/black, navy/black, and tan/black.  Of course if Louis comes up with some great trench, I probably would buy. I think my Linea trench coats are better looking than my Burberry trench.

Super Contributor

I have more than enough knee or thigh length coats. Yes...longer please.  And, I already have enough black and camel color outer wear so I would be looking for a color. Also, a detachible hood would be a big, big plus.  In Wisconsin, if it is cold enough for a substantial long trench coat, then it is usually rainy, snowy, or windy.  

Contributor

I agree!! A long, MIDI/ BLACK is my vote. I have to dress in evening attire for music performances and a long dress with a short trench doesn't make the cut.

Contributor

I totally agree with the NEED for a long black trench coat. That's what I need!! Wearing a short trench with evening attire just does not make the cut.

Super Contributor

Adding my vote for a long black trench! Detachable hood would be great.

Trusted Contributor

I would deffinitely like to see it in a longer length. However, I asked Lewis on his Blog and he said the Q wasn't interested in him doing a longer length. I sure hope they rethink that. I would love to see a mid calve  length for Petites, Regular and tall. I am sure it would be a big seller. His trench has done so well. I honestly think all the colors he has is fine, I think it would it would be over kill to do this same length in more colors. The Q has quite the habit of the doing that. It's gets old real quick. So there is my two cents.
Respected Contributor

While the Trench coat discussion continues - what's in store for Fall/Winter Coats from Louis - we know there's a Leather/Knit Jacket coming (Alabaster (gasp) - Black - and I think Blackberry).  It's not a Blazer or Baseball Jacket Style - but have not heard any other clues for this New Jacket.

And now Louis has teased again - answering a question on his Blog regarding a Coat with a hood - here's his response......

Louis Dell'Olio
September 2, 2017 at 7:27 PM
Sorry......no hoods, but there is a coat in the same fabric as the trench.

Trusted Contributor

If only it would be a loooong coat!
Respected Contributor

@Helping wrote:
If only it would be a loooong coat!

I know!  I've asked Louis if he would tell us what Style - and Colours it will come in - will see if he replies!