Respected Contributor

Top to go with LDO Latte Embroidered Skirts (A351463 and A351464)

[ Edited ]

I found a black ruffle neck top that matches the LDO Regular (A351463) and Petite (A351464) Embroidered Skirt in the Black and Latte color combination.  

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Petite Embroidered Skirt

It is a Belldini black whisper-knit-look top with a latte satin trim around the edge of the ruffle around the neck.

FINAL, Belldini top.jpg

It could be worn tucked in or over the skirt.  The color matches perfectly. 

I wish Belldini made a blue top I could use with the Vivid Blue and Black combination skirt.  I have a black crepe knit Sunny Leigh surplice (faux wrap) long sleeve top that coordinates nicely with both skirts.  It would be nice to find a blue top as well to go with the Vivid Blue one.  I was thinking a bright blue satin peplum top might work with it.  Now, just to find one (or get a pattern and make one).  

Linea Ladies, what tops are you wearing with the Vivid Blue skirt?  

Super Contributor

Re: Top to go with LDO Latte Embroidered Skirts (A351463 and A351464)

@Writer with Flair I have just worn a black WK sweater, and then when it gets a bit warmer, I have short sleeve black sweaters and then the black georgette on/off shoulder top.  I too have been keeping my eyes open for a blue that matches the bright blue of the skirt.  It would be nice to have more options!

Respected Contributor

wow! That's a beautiful skirt. The top you found is perfection! 

I just love it when a plan comes together.

Honored Contributor

Writer with Flair, absolutely exquisite fashion-sleuthing.

Genius!  Simply perfection -- beyond description.

Trusted Contributor

Went to Belldini site and could not find your top. Any hints available? I know you can't post a link.

It is a lovely top! Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

@mam2fourboys wrote:

@Writer with Flair I have just worn a black WK sweater, and then when it gets a bit warmer, I have short sleeve black sweaters and then the black georgette on/off shoulder top.  I too have been keeping my eyes open for a blue that matches the bright blue of the skirt.  It would be nice to have more options!

Mom2fourboys,

I agree that it would be great to find a blue top that would match the Vivid Blue of the blue skirt. 

I haven't had the time to go through all my Linea blue tops but will see if I can find some that will work with this fabulous skirt.

Sheesh shared a great idea for a combo with Louis.  Here is what he said and how it looks.

February 22, 2020

Dear Shelia

Dear Shelia….ever since you asked me if I thought the Blue Leopard and the Vivid Blue emb skirt would look good together I have been intrigued. My work for the shows and hits coming up is finished and all of the samples and accessories are on their way to Jennifer. Now she takes over and i can relax!!!!!…………..I had the time to try your suggestion……..I loved it so much I had to take a picture of it to show you and anyone else who loves to mix it up. However, this is more than mixing it up! This is runway ready. I love the combination of the Leopard and the floral emb. The colors are perfect, and that is the reason they look like they were made to go together. The bottom of the skirt even looks a little jungly…. I liked it better tucked in and belted, here with a black patent belt. I have pics of both ways just so you can see. I layered it with the BLACK GLITTERATI necklaces, but I would have mixed the BLUE GLITTERATI if I had them! They are on the way to Jen. You and I both know there will be some purists who think it is strange to mix them, but we know it is SUPERB! If I get the chance I would even show it this way….even if the skirt is sold out!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TexasMom1 wrote:

Went to Belldini site and could not find your top. Any hints available? I know you can't post a link.

It is a lovely top! Enjoy!

TexasMom1,

Here is the style information:

Brand:  Belldini

Model:  95290

Color:  Black/Champagne

I found this top at Ross's.    It pays to keep checking back at Ross's from time to time.  Once I got a great woolen Jones New York Signature pleated knit skirt for a song.  A couple of years later, the matching vest/shell turned up.  In both instances, they only had one of each, they were both the same color, and in my size.  As Joyce Meyer would say, I was "annointed to shop".

This morning, I took a little time to see what I could find out there online.  While I could not find the exact style Belldini top I got, I did find two other styles that were previously-owned ones on ebay.  While previously-owned may not be your cup of tea, I thought you might at least want to see what some of the other style tops with the same fabic and color combinations were in the marketplace.

Here is a Belldini sleeveless top in a size medium for $39.95 or best offer.

BELLDINI sleeveless slinky fine knit top layered ruffle sexy fit black tan SZ M

There also was a Belldini Black Bling Rhinestone Trim Zip Front Cardigan posted that is being sold with a different brand plaid skirt.  It is a size medium.  You get both items for $55.00.

Let me know what you are able to find.  I will let you know if I see any new ones pop up anywhere else.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much for the information! Your pictures are great and you hit the jackpot with that top!

Respected Contributor

Your top is gorgeous and a great match!

You really inspired me--I just puchased a black sparkle mock turtleneck for cooler times and a black lacy top for warmer days that could be worn with either skirt.

I see Linea has a pretty velvet top that matches in colors but not sure the bottom of the shirt would work with the skirt.

Enjoy your lovely personally designed outfit!

Respected Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Your top is gorgeous and a great match!

You really inspired me--I just puchased a black sparkle mock turtleneck for cooler times and a black lacy top for warmer days that could be worn with either skirt.

I see Linea has a pretty velvet top that matches in colors but not sure the bottom of the shirt would work with the skirt.

Enjoy your lovely personally designed outfit!

@FancyPhillyshopper

That's a great idea to have a cooler weather top and a warmer weather top.

I didn't get the blue or black crushed velvet top (I just got the dark forest green crushed velvet skirt).  You might want to start a new conversation and ask other Linea Ladies if they have used the black or blue crushed velvet top with the Latte and/or the Vivid Blue skirts.  I bet somebody out there who owns one or both of those tops has tried putting them with the embroidered skirt(s).