Honored Contributor

My black blazer and mushroom suit arrived...this man is a GENIUS!!

The material, the drape, the fit...excellent.

The mushroom is not grey yet...it can work as a grey depending on what you are wearing. Yes, it leans brown but with a pink tinge but you don't see that tinge until you put it up against something warm. It's.....amazing. 

My ONLY regret is not buying the matching black pants. So now I get to stalk, lol. Why do I bother contemplating when Louis introduces something new....I just need to buy it and all be right with the world. : )

Valued Contributor

My port jacket arrived one day ahead because UPS was in the order.  I live near Charlotte NC so who knows what tomorrow what may bring for us.  The jacket fit very well.  I love the port color.  I keep hoping for a print dress in port! I love port with soft grey. 

Respected Contributor

Re: The Suit is Da Bomb!

[ Edited ]

Like everyone is saying, the suit is spectacular. The fabric, the fit...may be the best fitting suit I've ever worn. Love how the princess seams cinch in the waist. Deep pockets. Shoulder line. Beautiful. Now, what's interesting is the sizing, at least for me. I ordered two sizes--12 and 14--and they both fit. The difference between them is very small. But, I've decided to keep the 14's in the jackets--port, black & mushroom--so I can layer beneath them. The pants are a tough call. The 14s are almost too long for me at 5'9. (Never thought I'd ever say that!) So, I may keep both sizes in the black pants (since they're sold out...& for the tuxedo) and return the 14's in the mushroom. Glad I ordered both sizes, because sometimes its just best to try on when measurements are iffy.

The mushroom color is a gorgeous deep taupe that doesn't wash me out (blonde, neutral skin tone, blue eyes) and the port is stunning. Black always works. I am beyond thrilled with these purchases, which I know will get me through many occasions (hopefully) for years to come.

For those of you stalking sizes, I'll be returning the size 12 port, mushroom and black jackets and size 14 pants in mushroom.

Trusted Contributor

I also went up a size in my Port blazer, as I plan on wearing it more casually.  And with layers underneath.  I often like to put a WK tank, wearing it as a vest, over a blouse and a jacket over all.  Just ordered the WK tunic with the  ballet neck in Port, which will also accommodate a light blouse underneath.  I have several vintage Linea faux charmeuse blouses that will be great this way.  I am a great fan of Port, much as I was of Augergine years past!  And of course I stil have my Aubergine pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whoa, we knew this was going to be good but WOW, WOW, WOW, it's fabulous!  I received my Port, Mushroom and Black jackets today and I'm totally in love with everything about this jacket.

The sleek, slimming design is so flattering on. The classic detailing is just impeccable. I love the deeper pockets too. I can dress this up or wear casually and look like a million bucks any day of the week. I loved wearing suits years back and as my lifestyle changed I've become a much more casual dresser but still throw a blazer over my shoulder on most occasions. These are a welcome and impressive addition . And the colors. Swoon. Love the Port, so rich and deep. It's just mesmerizing. I'm very much looking forward to Louis's additional garments in this shade! The Mushroom is stunning, truly. Another rich head turning shade and classic addition to my beloved taupe wardrobe. So sharp looking with a smart trouser or jeans with a crisp white shirt. Um umm ummm. The Black was my last minute add on. I hadn't planned on purchasing it but I am totally delighted to have made that swift decision now. 

Now if my two pairs of  pants stop flipping in and out of the ordering process and backorder I'll be thrilled and will be able to comment on the coordinated suited look. What a hot mess. There's so many of us experiencing this same frustrating situation.  What with 1500 or 1600 pairs of pants ordered in two colors and 14, yes 14 sizes...I'd love to know what the #&%$ the buyers were thinking. Especially knowing the Black is an add on to the upcoming tuxedo jacket. I can't wrap my brain around this logically. Geez, give Louis prime hours and chopped liver for the quantities purchased. SMH .....

Trusted Contributor

My black pants came today! I ordered them in a 6P. They fit fine. I had gotten both 6P and 8P pants in the suit that was offered this summer. I had to go with the 8P in those pants because that fabric was thinner with less give.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

I received the pants today, and all I can say is wow, wow, wow!  Fit is fantastic.   I'm going to keep both sizes ... the smaller to wear with the blazers (black and mushroom) for that classic tailored suit look.  The larger sizes I'll wear more casually with sweaters,  a leather bomber jacket; and the Linea moto jackets,  for a more laid back look.  

Thanks, Louis, for looking out for us petite ladies ...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SoX wrote:

I received the pants today, and all I can say is wow, wow, wow!  Fit is fantastic.   I'm going to keep both sizes ... the smaller to wear with the blazers (black and mushroom) for that classic tailored suit look.  The larger sizes I'll wear more casually with sweaters,  a leather bomber jacket; and the Linea moto jackets,  for a more laid back look.  

Thanks, Louis, for looking out for us petite ladies ...

And, looking out for his tall ladies with that 32-inch inseam, which to me, fits like a 34-inch! Leave it to Louis to make all his ladies happy!

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom et al.....

When I saw the title of this thread by you I KNEW the suit was going to be spectacular, because you are always enthusiastic but measured in your reviews........but da bomb is RIGHT!

My suit came today in a box, hardly any wrinkles, so I tried it on right away as I was dressed nicely and had just returned home. 

I  truly cannot say how happy I am with the jacket and the pants, both simply perfection, in fabric, tailoring, fit, look, even how they feel on.  I expected good, great even, but this is something from an upper floor in the designer section of very nice department stores.

Thank you Louis for the petite pants, they fit my 5'4" self perfectly, hang well and have a small break so they look like trousers, yet my shoes show and they don't drown me as the regulars would have.

The fit of these pants is the best I've ever had, like they were custom tailored.

The jacket is superb.  I can see the extra care in the shoulder line, and that's what makes the sleeves hang so beautifully and gives such a flattering look overall.  I actually love the length because it nips in at the waist and flares out slightly, one of my favorite jacket styles.  

This looks very modern yet oh so classic.  Amazing.  If there are any mushroom pants left I'm off to order some.

BTW, the rainy day top also arrived in the box, got it in grey and went to the smaller of my top sizes and it is just shake-your-head beautiful, a work of art.  So many ocean, rain, water colors in it, definitely not just plain old gray!  The back of this could be framed and it would look like a painting.  

How can this get any better..........????

Contributor

Well , I received my black suit today, and the size 4 slacks fit perfectly.  However QVC sent me a SIZE 18W jacket instead of the size 6 that I ordered.  NOT EVEN CLOSE, QVC!!!  Now the black jacket is SOLD OUT.  I really don't want 1/2 of a suit and customer service was ABSOLUTELY NO HELP.  So frustrating...  Anyone want a size 18 black jacket?