Valued Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

I always check click-ons but in numerical sizing never really know what size to order but generally take a chance- sometimes it works sometimes not.

I do wish Louis would have more varying size models showing his clothes - maybe a medium, large.  I know he always has Maria but generally all the rest are xs, xs and small plus the host is always xs!

I know lots of ladies do not need this but for some of us this visual helps as say seeing say Jackie in her normal size large then checking click ons certainly helps.  Hope my blazer fits!

right! He uses his favorite models, nothing wrong with that. But where is a medium size model? Never seen one, Isaac mixes things up a lot and uses models both regular and petite of all sizes.  Jane Tracy would probably be closest to me and she always says she wears small in tops and 8 in bottoms although does that mean she wears a medium when it is not numerical sizing? I'm not going to buy things just to try on and then send back. 

Esteemed Contributor

@fresh kitty wrote:

Ok Linea ladies we have to start going through our closets and find out what’s hiding in there. I already have three lamb leather jackets but had to get the blue this time. I wear it like a sweater style rather than a jacket but I do wish it was a little longer but it looks good with a little longer top underneath.

@fresh kitty  I have four of these jackets and I too bought the blue today.  Just couldn't stop myself.  The sapphire is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I'm giving it a try.

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@PinkSunset  When looking at tops keep in mind chest measurement, crossback set in sleeve & hip measurements. Remember these are ‘garment’ measurements so be mindful of your own body measurements.

those never make any sense to me. I'm not a seamstress and dont; know how to interpret those. for instance, what does this mean?

Chest Circ with Garment Folded, 1" Below Armhole, a size 0 is 35. If i'm a 34 bust do i wear a size 0? I think you;d need a tailor to measure very part of your body, mark down those measurements, then compare to these garments. I;ve never had that done in my life. Seems like something that only someone getting a custom made outfit would need.

Again, if a deparment store if I were to buy a leather jacket and it was numeric sizing I;d buy an 8 but I bet in QVC sizing I would swim in that, 

Also take into account the amount of space you want wearing the jacket over clothing. Do you want a 1” space or 2” or 3” space? 

35” is the side to side measurement on a flat surface.

Take a jacket in your closet that fits you well and on a flat surface measure the side to side where the sleeves join the torso of the garment. That is the crossback set in sleeve measurement. Compare that with the Linea garment.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@anniebethsmom wrote:

I'm almost embarrassed to admit I already own three of these beauties- black, alabaster, and magenta. I could not resist that dove grey.  I wear these Fall, Winter, and Spring.  Incredibly soft and buttery to the touch. Well worth the investment. Just so chic and timeless.

@anniebethsmom  You think you're embarrassed, I have four of these jackets and ordered the blue today!  

Contributor
Here is a video of the jacket with Katie who is 5’2” or 3 and Kate and Jackie
Katie and Kate in 2 and Jackie in 14.
They are all wearing sweaters underneath -
may be helpful
https://youtu.be/PyjeXI2eO-M
Sarah
Esteemed Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

@Sarah from the South wrote:
@pink sunset
I would think
Jennifer 2
Angela 6
Maria 18
Louis’ show is usually posted on his facebook page with a link to the entire show. You do not have to be a facebook member to watch. Leah this morning was in a 10 if that helps you.
Good Luck
Sarah

I don't look like any of those models, I'm 5'2" 120 lbs, small busted,  long legs with short waist, so what size would I wear? 6 on Angela in tops? She's very busty. Would I be a 2? Seems small. I wear mostly medium, size 8 in B&M stores, both top and bottom. 

@PinkSunset  I am 5'1" and 115 lbs and small busted.  I have this jacket in the 2 and it fits well though I have to roll up the sleeves, which is fine.  I am a 2 or xxs in tops and generally a 4 in bottoms in stores.

Respected Contributor

@anniebethsmom wrote:

I'm almost embarrassed to admit I already own three of these beauties- black, alabaster, and magenta. I could not resist that dove grey.  I wear these Fall, Winter, and Spring.  Incredibly soft and buttery to the touch. Well worth the investment. Just so chic and timeless.

Move over on the bench of shame---make room for me as I have Wine, Black, Alabaster and Caramel---and I just ordered the Sapphire and Magenta! I may have to leave instructions to bury me in one---the Alabaster!!!!!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

I have three of these jackets too.........it started with the Alabaster, slid downhill into the Black, and then I just HAD to have the dark olive.  It is one of my favorite Linea items, perfect jacket, very cool design as well, a classic done in such a brilliant way. 

The stripe of leather down the back was the finishing touch that got me to "submit order" and speed buy the first one, and I have worn them and worn them.  

Today I was so very tempted to order the new grey, but held back, for now.  They are all wildly gorgeous and flattering and also very practical.  That's a hard thing to pull off so well.  Louis at his best.

Super Contributor

I caught some of the show and just watched the rest of the videos.  I also caught the little video chat with Jennifer and Louis on facebook and thought that was lovely!  I’m not a member of facebook, but they did let me watch the video.

i just can’t believe that the v neck WK is the ONLY WK this fall/winter???  I love the cranberry and hope that it is the same cranberry as the embroidered WK sweater.  And the scarf!  Lovely!  I would have thought that there would be a long WK skirt as that sold out last year, and the classic turtleneck in the very, very least.

No run nylons coming!  I’m definitely in on that.  When I worked in an office setting before I stayed home with my boys, I would have been so thrilled to have no run nylons!  I thought that maybe the manufacturers could make them, ,but didn’t as they wanted to keep making money off us women....that’s my conspiracy theory anyway!  I do hope that they are bringing some tights back too!  I was sent the wrong color when I ordered black last year and I desperately need some black tights!

I hope all you Linea Ladies are enjoying the last week of summer!  I can’t believe it’s here already.  Hugs and love to you all!

Trusted Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

@anniebethsmom wrote:

Move over on the bench of shame---make room for me as I have Wine, Black, Alabaster and Caramel---and I just ordered the Sapphire and Magenta! I may have to leave instructions to bury me in one---the Alabaster!!!!!

Oh @Maxine49 - you are my hero and enabler of all things Linea! Does this mean I can get the sapphire too?! Woman Wink