Respected Contributor

Re: The Search For Leather Gloves!

A few years ago gloves were the trend. I got great buys on Evine and Amazon.

I have three pair of red gloves; I'm not re that they are a perfect match. Some reds go together. 

Advice coming from someone who used to do a red wash.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today I was at Marshall's and bought some very fine weight Ralph Lauren heathery grey knit gloves with touch finger pads.  The gloves extended several inches up the arm and had 3 small silver buttons with camel leather tabs around them, very very nice for around $20.

They fit like a glove.....!

I wasn't wearing the Port leather/knit BD coat, but they also had these gloves in a wine/port color that to my eye looked extremely close to the Linea port.  Just FYI.  I dithered between the wine and the grey but went with grey as they go with everything and I tend to wear grey somewhere on me most of the time.

Also scored a lovely knit sweater with my absolute favorite neckline, boat/bateau, in a very close match to DFG.  Happy camper, and I only went to buy a new mattress pad.........ha!

Respected Contributor

Check  T.J. Maxx. I used to shop there for accesories. I suspect some of my glove collection is from there. I love gloves. I have small hands; I've bought gloves in the childrens dept.

Frequent Contributor

TJ Maxx, a variety of wine/port gloves; also forest green, caramel, navy. Even blush pink....lovely.

That's my go-to shop for beautiful leather gloves...they have from US designers and Italian imports.

Honored Contributor

Finally found a pair of red leather gloves that is fairly close to the red Big Deal jacket in color!

Macy’s Charter Club has leather gloves with touch screen technology in Port Red color. Normally I wear a Medium in this brand for leather gloves. I had to size up to a Large because I felt the fingers & area across the hand were tight or snug in the Medium.

Maybe the color affected the fit?

The list price is $88.50 but with my Macy’s CC & their 25% off coupon brought the price down to $66.3 plus tax. 

The Charter Club brand had another Port Red glove with a thin black line of faux fur at the wrist. I felt these were a darker red & didn’t look well together. 

Happy hunting red jacket lovers.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

I've found a LOT of nice gloves at TJ Maxx in the past .. Portolano cashmere and leather.  It's very hit or miss but if you hit it just right, you can get a real nice find!  Coach also used to have nice leather gloves .. I have som red ones from there but it's been awhile since I bought them so not sure what they have these days.  

Valued Contributor

Nordstrom has lamb leather gloves on sale in red, a deep green and a British tan tha might coordinate with caramel.

Esteemed Contributor

I found the perfect match leather gloves to go with my caramel pieces at Marshall's.  Very soft leather by Charter Club for $16.99.  I already owned leather gloves that were a pretty good match but these are perfect.

Trusted Contributor

When I had a good TJ Maxx near me, I used to get terrific cashmere lined leather gloves as well  desigher silk scarves.  Unfortunately, the TJ Maxx here is not a good one. 

As my fingers are long for my hands, I can have trouble getting gloves that fit well.  Evine used to have wonderful gloves this time of the year.  I haven't seen them as yet!