Respected Contributor

Yes! The magenta is fabulous! So glad I got all these pieces - jacket, blouse, flowered blouse, sweater and skirt.  Not easy to match this color, but now no worries.

Also love how the jackets works with the DFG pieces - and of course with black.

Very versatile jacket - so glad I got it!

Respected Contributor

I received both tartan jackets and the pine tank.  LOVE!!!  I have a question, though.  Do you think the red one screams Christmas only?  I hope not.  I want to keep both.  My question comes from something that happened to me last year.  I was wearing a blouse with a similar pattern.  It was in November and someone at work said, "Ohh, I love your CHRISTMAS blouse."  I had never thought of it as a Christmas-only blouse but after that, I was afraid to wear it unless it was Christmas week.  Smiley Happy

The jackets are just perfect.  I stared at them for so long noticing how the plaid lines match up.  There is NO flaw in the lines matching up anywhere!  I am so amazed that they were able to do that!  I washed them on delicate, put them on air fluff in the dryer for about 2 minutes and then hung to dry.  They look beautiful!  No dry cleaner needed for these.  I am so happy with my items!!

Respected Contributor
@santorini
I don’t think the red one screams Christmas. I think wearing it with a red top and bottoms can make it look more Christmasy though. But with jeans, navy or pine...classic.

Ahh coworkers, funny how a comment can make us question things. I’ve had coworkers make comments about different items of clothing that initially make me self-conscious: someone thought alabaster wasn’t a good color on me, another thought sapphire blue was sure bright, someone said my blue and white stripe blouse reminded them of a cabana, blah blah blah. I could go on and on. But then I reminded myself that these are male engineers who have no sense of style. Lol.

I’ve also had many compliments on my clothing and thanks to Louis I like my sense of style. There are just some that don’t appreciate it. Lol

Sorry to go off on a tangent! If you love the red tartan jacket, keep it. The colors are a classic combination. Enjoy!
Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom Thank you!  I loved your examples.  Smiley Happy. People are so funny.  I will keep both and wear them often!  Thanks!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Tartan Jackets Posted!

[ Edited ]

morewine,

Males, in general, can be a trip when speaking of fashion.  Certainly, though, engineers are in a special category all their own.  LOL

Several years ago I posted about one of the gentlemen in my FAA office who, upon espying my Linea large cross with cabochons, wanted to know if anyone had "kissed my ring yet."  Because I knew that nearly everyone in that office was comfortable with being a person of belief, I didn't feel defensive.  However, I did feel a bit more conspicuous wearing that beautiful cross. 

Honored Contributor

Many men are clueless as to what clothing works with other clothing. It's like they have forgotten how to 'play' with their wardrobe. Maybe it's a matter of not having enough time to play & just get on with the 'grab & go' from their closet.

Many times DH has asked me what goes with what -- as to what looks good together. I've had to tell him, he needs to expand more with his wardrobe in terms of choosing colors. Things he thinks don't work well together, actually do work well together. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor
@santorini
Glad you’re going to keep it!

@golding76
Yes, male engineers are in a category all their own! I’m an engineer too and I thank Louis for making me step out of my comfort zone and feeling great. 😊

@JustJazzmom
I also think men just have it easier! At least the men I’ve had in my life - a nice shirt and some jeans or khakis and they can be good to go! But I like when my DH steps out of his usual comfort zone and tries something new.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tartan Jackets Posted!

[ Edited ]

@santorini 

I think the red plaid sings fall! A perfect color combo for a crisp sunny day that'll afford a multitude of pairing options. This will carry into the new year or as long as the cooler weather calls for a garment like this, weight and warmth wise. Many people associate plaids with the holiday season. Not so. Wear and enjoy the blazer in every way you desire. 

I have a question you or others may be able to answer. Regarding Jac's garden blouse. I'm wondering if the scale of the print will work with the red tartan? It may be another wearing option, possibly in the red floral print. If you or anyone has this lovely blouse and the red tartan blazer, I'd appreciate your comments. Much thanks! ♡♡♡

Screenshot_20200907-194723_Chrome.jpg

Respected Contributor
@rochelleS
Did you see Louis answered your question about Jac’s floral blouse with the plaid blazer?
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom 

Thanks. I saw Louis' reply earlier this morning. I was stunned and ever so pleased that he'd taken such special time and effort to so generously respond. He is truly one very special man. We are so lucky to have him!