Respected Contributor

Re: Sweater bags discussed in heather grey thread

Well, you sold a set of sweater bags to me also!  I have a hard time organizing all my Whisper Knits.  I'm trying one set to see how they work for me; and if I like them, I'll order more.  Very excellent idea!

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the full and fair coverage of the storage/packing system and suggestions which engaged me to persue the conversation in another thread with the helpful person whose idea was being shared there.  I appreciated what I learned from her and what I have additionally learned here in this thread, from her and from others, as well.  Many thanks!

Feeling coerced to delete my entire end of the conversation in that thread - a first for me here - partly because it was not considered by some to be on point, or that said conversation  constituted hijacking of a thread on another  topic  - I've now had a good weekend to consider the implications of that situation and have decided that I cannot abide the standards as they were interpreted there by some of our number.  Conversations do and will wander and it is something that frankly, I've enjoyed about our conversations regarding Linea products and subtopics of all kinds as they have emerged quite naturally in those conversations.  Several recent threads, even since Friday, have veered off into a wide variety of interesting side paths such as the health of a long-time-ago former model or helping one another with pressing health concerns down to helpful pharmaceutical info.  How is this not indigenous to a conversation among friends? 

i've apologized and do so again here that I referenced a long-past thread which ended in contention.  Ironically it was a thread I myself began, and at the inception was not, as I thought, in the least provocative or contentious - just how I'd sure like Louis to do my packing for me for travel as he said on air that he does for Jac.  It was whimsical but did not end up that way in the thread.  Mea culpa for remembering that discussion in the course of the convo with OnewhiteSparrow.  Recently someone posted about how "safe" they felt the Linea area of the community to be.  I felt that way too and said so.  I no longer do.  Thanks to each and all for wonderful ideas and feedback regarding Linea and all things fashion.  Much of it has been a pure delight!  And happy packing and successful storage of all the wonderful Linea sweaters, pants, tights and more.  See you in the Reviews.  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Owl, I've seen that it is sometimes good to step back from here and take a break but also good to return.  Yes I do not post often but I do read here almost everyday.  You have so much to offer and communicate it so well, the forum wouldn't be same without your input.  How in the world would I have learned about capes and spend hours on end looking at the various styles on the "Bay" if you and Barbara from VA didn't mention them?  I had a recreational time looking and it was just what was needed in a venue that helped.  And I've learned from the interesting ways you have styled your outfits, nipped & tucked here and there, and expressed your joy with the fashions.  It saddens me to read this post.  If I've misiterpreted it, good, that means you will be hanging around.  But if I got your message, please know I've enjoyed and learned from you and really do hope this will turn out to be just an auf wiedersehen! 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

OWL - I too am sorry to read your post and hope you will reconsider your decision to leave the Linea Forum. I have enjoyed your take on the fashions of LDO, which we dearly love. After all, you are the OWL and people respect your opinion.  I agree that there have been interesting  and useful nuggets of information exchanged as we discuss our shared passion.  I'm sure my Linea sisters will also rally round you to hopefully change your mind.  If not, then I will look forward to your reviews. Until we meet again.......

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TheOwl

First Goldie and now you, Owl Smiley Sad

O/T I agree with everything PecanSandie and 1jac just said. You are an important "voice" here in the Linea Forum and I always look forward to your comments and input. You are refreshingly honest in your reviews and say what you think, which helps all of us. That you were made to feel (by just a couple of people) that you violated some "relevancy standard" (which I don't think you did!) is just not right. You owe no one an apology, frankly, because you did nothing improper. Conversations are organic--that's what makes them interesting! As I said in an earlier thread post, no member of this forum has been designated the "Standards Police"! I trust QVC has that handled...

I hope you'll just take a break (a very small one) and return. Don't let anyone drive you away permanently! Otherwise, much of the heart will disappear from this forum.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

OWL.....OH NO YOU  DON'T... I received my Zebra print sweaters a few minutes ago and wanted to know how you liked yours. I broke down and ordered all three and LOVE them. Perfect length for me. Now you have to respond and review your Zebra sweaters cause we know you were excited about receiving them. Come on sister shopper; you know it's not the same to stand outside and not participate in the party when everyone is standing at the open door yelling "Will you please get in here, you're letting all the flies in."  

Valued Contributor

@TheOwl wrote:

Thanks for the full and fair coverage of the storage/packing system and suggestions which engaged me to persue the conversation in another thread with the helpful person whose idea was being shared there.  I appreciated what I learned from her and what I have additionally learned here in this thread, from her and from others, as well.  Many thanks!

Feeling coerced to delete my entire end of the conversation in that thread - a first for me here - partly because it was not considered by some to be on point, or that said conversation  constituted hijacking of a thread on another  topic  - I've now had a good weekend to consider the implications of that situation and have decided that I cannot abide the standards as they were interpreted there by some of our number.  Conversations do and will wander and it is something that frankly, I've enjoyed about our conversations regarding Linea products and subtopics of all kinds as they have emerged quite naturally in those conversations.  Several recent threads, even since Friday, have veered off into a wide variety of interesting side paths such as the health of a long-time-ago former model or helping one another with pressing health concerns down to helpful pharmaceutical info.  How is this not indigenous to a conversation among friends? 

i've apologized and do so again here that I referenced a long-past thread which ended in contention.  Ironically it was a thread I myself began, and at the inception was not, as I thought, in the least provocative or contentious - just how I'd sure like Louis to do my packing for me for travel as he said on air that he does for Jac.  It was whimsical but did not end up that way in the thread.  Mea culpa for remembering that discussion in the course of the convo with OnewhiteSparrow.  Recently someone posted about how "safe" they felt the Linea area of the community to be.  I felt that way too and said so.  I no longer do.  Thanks to each and all for wonderful ideas and feedback regarding Linea and all things fashion.  Much of it has been a pure delight!  And happy packing and successful storage of all the wonderful Linea sweaters, pants, tights and more.  See you in the Reviews.  Smiley Happy

I'm the one who started the "safe" thread. I am so sorry others treated you this way. I'm also the one who's recently been struggling with severe hypoglycemic episodes with my diabetes. And have been coping with my mother's sudden, disasterous death as well as my surviving, mentally ill father. I freely admit to the occasional thread-jacking. It happens. We go off on tangents.

The Dell'Olios, both Louis and Jac, are extremely warm and kind. Jac reached out to me on FB when my mama died. She and I have messaged each other. It saddens me that their grace of forethought toward others is not always shared by Louis' admirers.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@rac71,

Hi! rac71!                                              (Thursday)

....had not heard back from you, so you probably thought the same as I... `that the thread was closed`~

I had a good friend check this out and she said No , it isn't. There must have been a poster in between us- that was rude and not called (for) statement. 

I'll talk with you sometime, hopefully, this week - that's how important your health means to me. I thought it was something I said and absolutely could not imagine -WHAT?  Even if you just jot any new idea of plans.

,,,,,,,,,,sorry ladies if I interrupted your Linea thread, though.

Thank you for letting me bring my message to a friend.

Valued Contributor

@NAES1

Hi back! Busy week. Will find you on my thread in AF.

(Thx all for patience with my brief thread-jacked reply.)

Valued Contributor

@Pecan Sandie wrote:

Owl, I've seen that it is sometimes good to step back from here and take a break but also good to return.  Yes I do not post often but I do read here almost everyday.  You have so much to offer and communicate it so well, the forum wouldn't be same without your input.  How in the world would I have learned about capes and spend hours on end looking at the various styles on the "Bay" if you and Barbara from VA didn't mention them?  I had a recreational time looking and it was just what was needed in a venue that helped.  And I've learned from the interesting ways you have styled your outfits, nipped & tucked here and there, and expressed your joy with the fashions.  It saddens me to read this post.  If I've misiterpreted it, good, that means you will be hanging around.  But if I got your message, please know I've enjoyed and learned from you and really do hope this will turn out to be just an auf wiedersehen! 

Owl, I don't think you need to apologize to anyone.  We each have our thoughts and our opinions.  We each have our ways. As I have become older I know that I cannot please everyone nor agree with everyone. 

Just like all Linea pieces are not my style, but they may be right for someone else.  Though we love Linea we don't love it all.  We take the Linea that is good for us and we leave the ones that don't work for that may work for others.  Such as is this forum, we take the information that is good for us and leave the information that won't work for us, but may help someone else.  We all have our ways. 

I too have learned from the elegant ways you have styled your outfits.  It is good sometimes to take a break from the forums, but we hope you will return.