Frequent Contributor

Surplice Top A390846...CUSTOM FIT!

Much to my surprise, the wrap-over top is a custom fit one me. I am 5'-4", top heavy, and ordered my normal Linea numerical size. The V-neck is not too low, lays perfectly on the body, doesn't pull, and does not require a camisole. The fit is sem-fitted, but a little more fitted in the waist on me.  There is not emough room for me to layer a sleeveless turtleneck, as Louis showed. The fit really looks custom, and doesn't look like the fit on any of the models.  You wouldn't know that it is the same top. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Surplice Top A390846...CUSTOM FIT!

@designista   Thank you for your review!  I am eagerly awaiting mine in white and black.  I should have ordered the navy but I'll wait for my delivery first.  I am small busted so I was not concerned about the wrap over.  I'm pretty sure the V will be lower on me since I have nothing to lift it up............that's not a complaint!  I figure it will drape more and have a softer look and if it's low, I don't have a problem with that either!  What colors did you purchase?

Respected Contributor

Nice review! Looking forward to getting my white one. I’m smaller on top so only ordered the white to see if it fit without gaping.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@designista, I completely agree , have same body type, and in my usual LINEA size , this fits perfectly ( without being too large around the waist) . Mine is in Navy (my fav) and am considering another colour. Do you have the latte/silver  embroidered skirt? would you consider wearing the black with it?

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Somertime 

I ordered all three colors, and hoped for the best.  From the mesurements, sizing up was not going to work for me.  It was an all or nothing move. I hope your tops fit as well. This top is so flattering when it fits. I wish the models were in their proper sizes. 

Frequent Contributor

@clarika 

I would absolutey wear this top with the embroidered skirts. The black is a no-brainer, good idea! Thanks! I haven't thought about playing yet. The top is more sculpted to the body, and would not overpower the skirt. 

Frequent Contributor

One additional thought on bras and this top....I was wearing a front close bra that gives good separation. A push-up bra or one that creates cleavage may adversely afffect the fit of the surplice neck line, and cause it to pucker and not lay flat.

Occasional Contributor

I received my white top today and it fits great in the body and shoulders. The only problem is the sleeve length. It needs to be about 4-5 inches to look good on me. When I was young the sales lady would always call them "bracelet length."  Reluctantly, I will need to return it☹️☹️☹️

Occasional Contributor

Well, if I would read the blouses description it says it is bracelet length......sorry for the complaint about the length....still not very flattering on me......accentuates my hands too much which I do not like, so the jury is in deliberation😋😋😋

Respected Contributor

Well, sadly I must say I was not crazy about how this fit me.  I love the substantial material and style, but I think I'm just too small up top.  I look like I'm wearing a top that I can't fill out.  I'm sure it'd look great on a different body type.  Oh well.  I bought plenty of other Linea items this season that I love.