Respected Contributor

Sunshine45, They may be getting more of those shawls in middle to late April

[ Edited ]

Dear Sunshine 45,

Sometimes people's checks don't go through, they have buyer's remorse, or just return things for whatever reason, so you may want to check back every day or so to see if any more shawls "appear" from time to time.     

As I mentioned before, they may be getting more of those shawls in mid to late April, so I will try to keep a lookout for you and let you know if I see any reappear. 

I wish you could see the print in the two garments.   The print simply is exquisite and I just love it. The colors are vivid--like Iris' personality!

By the way, this print looks phenomenal with so many of Louis' things, especially the Tarragon dress,Tarragon leather jacket, Light Olive Oversized Whisper Knit Sweater, and the Faux Washed Silk pieces in the Moss color.  There are reds, pinks, magenta, goldenrod, yellow, and teal in that print, too.  There are lots of possibilities to work with My Favorite Designer's (LDO's) pieces.

Faux silk

The customer service people did not have any more dates for Iris' appearances, so, sadly, this most recent group of items for sale may be her last over there. 

Realistically, I imagine that she will not be designing too many more things in the future for any venue.  It is sad, but true. She has given us so much--not only in her designs but in her outlook, attitude, and example as well.

Every time I look at these pieces, I cannot help but think of Iris and what an amazing life she has led and what a wise and strong woman she is.  As I look at that print and wear these garments, I'll be reminded of her amazing example and am challenged to truly be myself--no matter what others think.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sunshine45, They may be gtting more of those shawls in middle to late April

Yesterday I wore a jacket of Louis' from a few years ago.  It was purple and had pearls (again purple) around the cuffs, neck and waist.  It also had 'binding' criss-cross around them.  

Absolutely beautiful.  I wore it with a deep purple turtleneck (all cotton, from QVC).  I wore all amethyst jewelry and black trousers.

It looked really good  (well, I liked it).  Can't find anything like that anymore on QVC.

One of my favorite pieces of his is a beautiful dark green (hunter green) suede jacket with leather around the sleeves, neck and waist.  It's beautiful.  From several years ago and from QVC.

I sure miss buying things like that on QVC.  Top quality and beautifully made, that's how I feel about Louis' clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 Your outfit sounds gorgeous and you no doubt looked fantastic! 

I know what you mean about Louis' vintage pieces. I've been fortunate in picking up many absolutely stunning garments on eBay. Honestly, sometimes I think they could be framed. But I wear them frequently and always get compliments and lots of questions. Always steer those interested to Louis' site and of course QVC and this forum. It's fun and I'm proud and happy collecting these cherished beautiful pieces.

Honored Contributor

I have QVC clothes I've worn once or twice, some I've never worn.  When my husband died I think that is how I've dealt with his death.

He always wanted me to buy myself some clothes and all I ever wore were stripped T-shirts and jeans.  Mom's never buy themselves anything, you guys know that.

So, my girls moved on to their life and I discovered QVC and HSN (got a bad back and knees and.......)  it's so easy to order at home...Ha!

Anyway, when I downsize from this house (and its closets) I guess maybe I'll sell some of these clothes.  Some of them are a size 2X (beautiful leather jackets, etc) and I can't wear them anymore, too big....

However, since I can only move from A to B I think I'm growing back into them.....Ha!

Take care sweet rochelle...my friend's daughters name is Rochelle and she's amazing....bet you are too!

Respected Contributor

Annabellethecat and RochelleS,

I know what you mean about those beautifully designed and exquiste quality vintage LDO pieces.  Each one is a special treasure.  I agree, RochelleS.  Sometimes I feel like I ought to frame them. 

But you know, I feel the same way about his current things as well.  I just love the moss crepe, his glass pearls, all the Whisper Knits, faux washed silk, and his many other amazing items.   No one can beat Louis' quality, creativity, impeccable flair, eye for color, and ability to find interesting fabrics.   He is the best QVC has to offer and about the best anywhere, IMHO.

I also appreciate that he solicits the input of the Linea Ladies so that we can get the things we want the most in the colors we love the best.  Who else does that?  Nobody.   Case in point:  Louis has been able to bring back Whisper Knit pants for the fall because we wanted them so much.

Thank you QVC for bringing Linea by Louis Dell'Olio to us.  To quote Oliver Twist:  "More, please!"     :-)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I have QVC clothes I've worn once or twice, some I've never worn.  When my husband died I think that is how I've dealt with his death.

He always wanted me to buy myself some clothes and all I ever wore were stripped T-shirts and jeans.  Mom's never buy themselves anything, you guys know that.

So, my girls moved on to their life and I discovered QVC and HSN (got a bad back and knees and.......)  it's so easy to order at home...Ha!

Anyway, when I downsize from this house (and its closets) I guess maybe I'll sell some of these clothes.  Some of them are a size 2X (beautiful leather jackets, etc) and I can't wear them anymore, too big....

However, since I can only move from A to B I think I'm growing back into them.....Ha!

Take care sweet rochelle...my friend's daughters name is Rochelle and she's amazing....bet you are too!

Dear Annabellethecat,

I am so sorry to hear of your husband's passing.  I cannot imagine how awful that must have been.   Please accept my sincere condolences.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that ordering on QVC and other online places is so convenient.  Since I have found Linea by Louis Dell'Olio to be pretty consistent sizewise, it is a snap to order something online.  I also like being able to get things online that I cannot get anywhere else.  For example, the super sizes in IT cosmetics are a real money-saver.

Don't feel bad about the clothes.  I think putting outfits together can be as much an artistic endeavor as painting or interior design.  It may be "just what the doctor ordered" for now.

I don't know if you have seen the posts about what people are wearing every month, but some of the Linea Ladies, from time to time, post what they are wearing that day, including their accessories.  It is fun to see what people put together.

Esteemed Contributor

@Writer with Flair and @Annabellethecat66 

You two are just too sweet. I have so much I'd like to chat about with both of you, yet I'm so tired. I'm getting punchy and seeing double. Haven't slept well for several nights and it's caught up. Had a big power outage here. 800,000 affected, myself included and I'd been very restless. Power and heat back on very, very late last night. It was cold. 

For now I'll say that sometimes I think I have more Linea than brains, yet I cherish every piece and welcome new and old alike. I'd like to catch up tomorrow. Ok?  A nighty night and BIG cyber hugs to both of you.