Honored Contributor

Sometimes I'm Slow on the Draw -- I'm Bonkers over the 'Lariat' Necklace (J357121)

[ Edited ]

I was fortunate enough to nab an "as is" lariat in the Copper Ox, which was always my desired metal.  ETA: Maybe this one was called Coppertone and not Copper Ox.

At first when the lariat was presented, I thought, "Not for me.  Forced.  Too much going on."  

What was I thinking?  After I began to notice the Copper Ox on many brown outfits that Louis styled for his presentations, I wanted it.  Of course, it was sold out long ago. 

When the Copper Ox appeared under "as is," I bought it instantly.  Today it arrived, and it is so many things: a statement piece and a thing of beauty unto itself.  For some reason, I hadn't noticed that the cords carrying the beads were metal and mixed in with the other cords. 

Great designer touch! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Sometimes I'm Slow on the Draw -- I'm Bonkers over the 'Lariat' Necklace (J357121)

Respected Contributor

Re: Sometimes I'm Slow on the Draw -- I'm Bonkers over the 'Lariat' Necklace (J357121)

Dear Goldie, I'm happy to hear you were able to get one of these incredibly beautiful and unique necklaces. For some reason their artisan look reminds me of the south west? I guess its' the cords and the resemblance to a Bolo.

Honored Contributor

Marilyn,

Thank you for sharing my glee because I really thought I'd lost my chance with this one.

Without a doubt there is a southwest vibe going on, but for some reason, I view this necklace as universal.  It is avant-garde and daring.

I loved it on so many of the Linea tops in brown shades that Louis used to show it off.  Since I own many Linea pieces in brown, this necklace was a natural choice for me.

There is a great sense of drama in this piece. 

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76

I too felt the same as you when this necklace was first shown. Especially being short, I thought the piece would wear me. Boy, was I wrong! When I finally came to my senses, I ordered the gold, missed the Silver which I'd really like to have, then later like you, the copper. I love this piece! What was I thinking??? I did hear Louis say there's a reorder coming. Yay!

Another piece in Copper that I adore and don't know if you own is the Etruscan Bead set. So simple in the photos but such a classic with a twist in person. Truly a WOW accessory in its simplicity. The bead shapes make this a unique piece. I love it every which way you can wear it. Always gets comments too. I do not believe this will be reordered a third time. I could be wrong ... but only copper now remains for purchase. 

Screenshot_2018-12-16-18-19-55-1.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The lariat is going to be reordered?

Hmmm, I might be interested in the silver.

I do have the Etruscan necklace in the green.

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76

Yes, I heard Louis mention a lariat reorder on one of his last shows. Perhaps someone else will confirm this. I perked up when it was mentioned as I'd missed the Silver and was happy to hear another opportunity to purchase it would arrive in the future. 

Do you love your Etruscan necklace? I have the green too. Very pretty!  ♡♡♡

Valued Contributor

@rochelleS  I am in love with the copper ox Etruscan set too---looks FAB with port.  I have it in green too---adore them both, but copper is my FAVE!!!

KK

PS @golding76  Glad you got the lariat.  It is gorgeous and I would LOVE ONE!!

Valued Contributor

Missed out on it. Hope it's reorderd.

Honored Contributor

rochelle,

How could I not love the green (verdigris) necklace?  That strange look of antiquity that it possesses stirs my soul and my aesthetic sense.

The shape of the beads is, as you wrote, also an attractive feature of the Etruscan necklace.

It is a necklace that typically invites positive comments.  "Where is it from?"  "What is it made from?"