Honored Contributor

Re: Something to think about!

Thank you, Marilyn and Foxxee, for your comments clarifying why Louis did not participate in any Zoom activity.

Marilyn, I agree that it was "honorable" of Louis not to appear on QVC's screen and thereby deny Jennifer her income from representing the line.

About that white or beige top Brenda was wearing during the show when a slit down the entire left side (I think it was the left side) was discovered, some thoughts came into clearer focus last night.  I believe it was the lace top (that had a separate tank underneath) and that it was the first time it  was presented.  There was a lot of buzz about it.  It was big fashion news.   So, the top must have been white since it did not come in beige.      

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Snowflakes in hell have a better chance than there is of Mike George backing down a second time.

I personally think there was an unpleasant dust-up between Louis and Q PTB.  I think he was asked not to return to the premises, hence his story about not traveling (with many alternatives available).  Note that he has never been given the opportunity to appear on Zoom, as have other vendors.  Something has gone on behind the scenes.  Its probably irreversible. 

@Kachina624  That's the thing.The train from Ct. and I'm not sure where he would get that, would have to go into Manhattan and then I guess bus it to West Chester. This would take forever. No airports are near him. The easiest is driving. That's why Joan Rivers always came by car. If there was an easier way she would have taken it.

Yes, a car service would be the way to go.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Kachina624,

The part that always puzzled me was that Louis never appeared on Zoom, and this obviously took your interest, too.

Someone once asked Louis about this on his blog, and I believe he responded that Jennifer is now the rep to appear on camera.  The answer was not fully satisfying (although I do not recall its full content).  But there was a certain strange acceptance of this.

My thought about this was that QVC had imposed all sorts of limitations on him.  The "why" of it, I don't know.  I can't imagine Louis being anything other than a gentleman, so I don't think he and Mike George had an irreparable breach.  But something is not "normal" in his relationship with QVC.  Can't quite put my finger on why I feel this way, but my gut tells me he did not receive equal treatment over the years. 

If you recall, I'm the one who always put on her tinfoil hat when things went awry for his on-air appearances.  Remember the time that the white or beige top Brenda was wearing was slit down the side?  It seemed like sabotage to me.  This occurred years ago when there was a thick pack of Linea Ladies buying very often, Louis was in his glory and, I suspect, some other of the house-brand designers were jealous of his success with this exclusive group of women.  Louis explained later that a shipment all had slits (or something like that), but maybe someone maliciously slashed an entire box's contents.  Do you recall mics going silent and other weird happenings that seemed to happen only when he was on-air?  Each time these flukes happened, it was all I could do not to scream.

Oh, and let's not forget the times when the system crashed and we were unable to buy when his show was airing.  Yeah, all by chance...

I remember the power outage and we were unable to see the clothing on TV. Of course it wasn't reshown after power was resumed. There was no Q2 or Q3 at that point.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor

Well stated, Somertime!  Thank you for reminding us what a treasure Louis has been over these 20 years at QVC!  

Respected Contributor

I rarely watch the fashion shows on QVC but I do know that Louis is well thought of and has a loyal following. But the speculation about his shows being sabotaged, fabrics slashed, being told not to appear on the QVC property  and vague explanation of why he is unable to travel to West Chester has me intrigued.  I don't know.

Valued Contributor

I can sum it up for you. 

Louis has been a designer of quality clothing his entire career. He actually cares about his designs, He does not hire a team to design something then go on air and try to talk about it when he's never even seen it before it was mass produced. That is ethics. That is a person who cares about his name on a label. He is not someone who will throw anythign out into the market to make a fast buck.

QVC is a retailer in the 21st century, They don't care about small volume quality merchandise that sells to a small discerning population, They care about money and money comes from volume selling, Mom and Pop stores that had great CS and products that the employees actually knew about and could tell you how to use are less relied upon than those big box stores for peoples purchases. I don;t need a calculator to know that Home Depot sells more hardware items than your local Ace Hardware, yet if you want someone knowledgeable to help you with a purchase, go to Ace, not the other store. 

I hate what has happened to our lives. I will assume that many who buy Linea are the same shoppers who bought designer clothing in Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom stores not Kohls shoppers, And if you are a Kohls shopper no disrespect to you for that. But there are some more willing to stay brand loyal than save a few bucks and buy a store brand. I am one of them too. But those of us who do are a dying breed and the younger buyers prefer things that celebrities endorse or influencers even if its a cheap garment. I could mention a couple of those brands here but post will probably get deleted. 

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Snowflakes in hell have a better chance than there is of Mike George backing down a second time.

I personally think there was an unpleasant dust-up between Louis and Q PTB.  I think he was asked not to return to the premises, hence his story about not traveling (with many alternatives available).  Note that he has never been given the opportunity to appear on Zoom, as have other vendors.  Something has gone on behind the scenes.  Its probably irreversible. 

@Kachina624  That's the thing.The train from Ct. and I'm not sure where he would get that, would have to go into Manhattan and then I guess bus it to West Chester. This would take forever. No airports are near him. The easiest is driving. That's why Joan Rivers always came by car. If there was an easier way she would have taken it.

Yes, a car service would be the way to go.

@JustJazzmom @Kachina624  Yes you are both right. A car service would have been the ways to go. He could ask for an SUV so there would have been room for all the outfits he would bring. I'm sure Kachina is right and he was asked not to return.