Valued Contributor

Re: Something to think about!

Thank you for your post. I sent a long e-maill saying I spent big bucks on Linea and now will not shop om QVC.

Respected Contributor

@Barbara in Virginia    If not sales what was the issue the last time that they tried to discontinue the line? I'm just curious why the powers that be would want to sabotage a successful vendor. Did another vendor want him out? 

Trusted Contributor

I can only speculate on that and don't want to discuss it here.  I hope you understand!

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't read all the responses so if I am repeating someone else, I apologize.  

How many times have you heard during a D & CO show, we have sold hundreds of thousands of this pair of pull up jeans, or Susan Graver, the hundred of thousands of her pants (her specialty, you know).  I never heard that on a Linea show.  I bought items from Louis.  His things were nice and had their own flair, but at the end of the day, they were still polyester blend pull up pants and jackets.  I think when Jaq died and he quit coming on live to his shows, it lost it's "special" appeal.  Having him there "elevated" the whole idea of his line.  I don't know if he was hooked up to sell hundreds of thousands of an item.  I don't believe he ever had a TSV......I could be wrong.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sitting here feeling blah, empty and as though I've been on a bender this weekend.  Never having been on one, I can only guess what that feels like.  I think this feels like one, though.  In any event, I feel that way today after having this dreadful news of the Linea elimination ferment in my being for a couple days.

Something doesn't pass the "smell" test.  If QVC knew what quantity of sales Linea would generate and welcomed the line back, what changed in the last decade?  Have sales fallen off that much?  If sales were dipping, then why didn't QVC present Linea in a popular timeslot?  So intuitive...unless they wanted to see it fail.  

Is it that Linea is also a casualty of this wretched virus?  Is short-sighted thinking that all of us will want nothing but cuddly, coddling clothes for years to come to blame?

I don't know how to help make this right.  Today is a cold and rainy day of overcast skies in my neck of the woods, and I am lamenting the loss of the Linea line.

How I wish QVC would do something to correct their mistake of cancelling the Linea line.

Please forgive my public brooding.  Had to get it off my chest. 

(Doggone it!  I still want the Carina necklace in Navy!)

Super Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

Once again and for the last time.............let QVC know either by email, a phone call to Corporate or use this link for feedback.  Thank you all very much!

https://qvc.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8fee9Dqn93En5it?DeviceType=Desktop&CurrentURL=https%3A%2F%2...

Keep sending in feedback

Trusted Contributor

Extremely well said @golding76! 10 hearts for you! In addition to the questions you asked, I would like to ask why #A268216 have not been reordered months if not a year or more ago?  If my memory serves me correctly, they have been sellouts over and over? Although I have an extensive collection of them, a few in duplicate colors; I would love to have more colors-espresso, navy, dark grey to name a few.  I can not imagine I am the only Linea lady who would love to have the opportunity to purchase more! 

Regular Contributor

I emailed right away to QVC. Would be glad to be part of a big letter.

As for numbers that @tends2dogs mentioned -- the Boho Skirt was discontinued this year after selling 60,000 (correct number?). Personally I am only responsible for 30 of those skirt sales :-) so it was clearly popular. But that is a possible gauge of the numbers. 

We think QVC knows its business and is making reasoned decisions, but if so why do they continue to take such appalling photos of the items, fail to reorder the big sellers like the Super Ponte Pants, etc. I think paring down the line a bit and adding back Linea Leisure might make the difference. No doubt Covid-19 was damaging -- just when Louis created a Don't Say I Never DId Anything For You, star-studded collection of classic styles. 

Count me in on any effort to keep our Louis here.

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I didn't read all the responses so if I am repeating someone else, I apologize.  

How many times have you heard during a D & CO show, we have sold hundreds of thousands of this pair of pull up jeans, or Susan Graver, the hundred of thousands of her pants (her specialty, you know).  I never heard that on a Linea show.  I bought items from Louis.  His things were nice and had their own flair, but at the end of the day, they were still polyester blend pull up pants and jackets.  I think when Jaq died and he quit coming on live to his shows, it lost it's "special" appeal.  Having him there "elevated" the whole idea of his line.  I don't know if he was hooked up to sell hundreds of thousands of an item.  I don't believe he ever had a TSV......I could be wrong.

@tends2dogs 

Yes, Louis has had a number of TSVs,  but not the quantity  that QVC-owned brands have.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember last time, Louis asked us to post on the forum and he printed out all those responses and gave them to QVCs management. It was all the Linea Ladies posting that they would continue to purchase from the line. He must have gotten a ton of responses for it to have swayed their decision back then. I remember it was just after Isaac Mizrahi came on board and was hailed the next greatest thing. They tossed out some other designers that had been at the Q (like George Simonton and Mark Bower). I know I have had many, many instances of orders of Linea getting screwed up at  QVC. Wrong items ordered, packages never arriving, and lately, my packages ending up being delivered to a post office in Indiana (I'm in Missouri).

Originally joined board 12-14-2004