Respected Contributor

Someone told me QVC Forums are going away 11/2/21

[ Edited ]

A friend on another forum told me that QVC forums are going away on 11/2/21.  Here is the link she sent me:

https://www.qvc.com/content/featured/support.html?redirectTerm=blogs 

Valued Contributor

Re: Someone told me QVC Forums are going away 11/2/21

If this changes to Facebook, I will not be there.  I do not participate in any social channels.   I believe it is the one thing that has brought our country down.

Trusted Contributor

Boo-Hoo.jpg

Regular Contributor

Wow I'm soooo sad to read about this happening.  I wonder why?  Any reasons given for this change?

I didn't post a lot here, but I HAVE been reading here for many years!  I garnered a lot of useful info from these forums from reading.  Quite frankly, it was these forums that makes me open the QVC web site almost daily and stay a while to begin with!  I guess I won't be doing that anymore come Nov 2.  Not to mention I garnered a lot of feedback here that motivated me to purchase some items too, so I guess I will save some money then Lol.  It was very easy to navigate by topic and title to what I wanted to read about. 

Even though I am already a member on  Facebook (but I don't spend a lot of time logged in there anymore because of the atmosphere), I don't think the FB group format will be the same as here.  I'm in several other FB groups and can speak to this experience.  Unless the group is very specific about one item or topic (say, i.e. "growing tomatoes"), posts will be just be mish-mash all over the place when the group/umbrella is so large (i.e. "i love QVC"), and I simply don't have the time to shift thru all the posts.  Yeah I know there is a search function in groups, but if the proper keyword(s) are not used, the posts won't be shown, and I might overlook seeing something I wanted or needed to read about. 

Nahh I for one don't think I will be joining there, but YMMV.

Valued Contributor

Sad to see this.  Here, it's a small, initmate, group, and with the different topics, it allows you to interact with people who share similar interests, as well as being QVC customers.  On FB that will be gone as I doubt there will be specific topics to choose from but will be one, big, free for all.  Also gone will be the venting, requests for help with things, personal relationships that built up over time,  requests for your experieces with issues that get discussed here, etc.  I believe people will be less willing to share some experiences to an international audience vs this small group. FB was initially  intended for people to keep in touch with each other but has become nothing but ad, after ad, after ad and I don't need anymore ads.  Another brilliant idea from the powers that be! :smileysad:

Respected Contributor

Why do this. It seem to me that QVC is caring less and less about their customers. Maybe they don't want to hear us complaining anymore about their poor quality and horrible shipping???

Esteemed Contributor

My post was never posted.So here I go again.  Sorry if it is a duplicate.  

I  don't watch QVC anymore.  I just check in on my way to reruns on TV.  I do enjoy the forums however.  Love honest opinions.  And often they do sway me to buy from the Q.  

I do usually wait for Clearance and AS IS because prices have gone up sooo drastically.  I  do see something I check out reviews if available both on the Q and on resources like Amazon.  

Another reason I don't watch is the endless banter of hosts. I am not into friendship... just information.   And there should be a disclaimer when a host sells cosmetics to remove wrinkles when she has had botox treatment.   

I feel  QVC is making a big mistake for whatever reason.  BUT I will not go to  Facebook or other version of the Forums because of safety reasons.  I don't want to reveal my email address or anything else for that matter. I don't want to make myself a target... so be careful guys please.  

In any case been a pleasure all these years. Thanks for all your advice.  I will just have to get  my kicks from Square and Round Dancing.  

bonnielu

Trusted Contributor

Everyone is migrating over to this new board:

Do a search for mellyg.proboards.com

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Trusted Contributor

I went to the Proboard forum and it was easy to set up an account and post.  There are already subforums similar to the ones on this board.  I'm sure we could set up a subforum for Linea, now that Louis will be selling his jewelry on QVC.

Valued Contributor

This is sad news. I have participated in the many iterations of QVC Boards for decades.  Without question, it was these Boards that kept me a QVC customer.  FB is useless. The format does not lend itself to discussion groups. There is no way to refer back to discussions/items of interest/reference.

Wow, I guess QVC really is dead.  Funny, when I dress each day, I think of how 80% of my wardrobe is from QVC.  Well, it is a new world, and the death of QVC is not even a grain of sand in the scheme of things