Respected Contributor

Sneak Peek - Victoriana Pendant & Earrings!

I always enjoy reading Louis’s Sneak Peeks!

72D7ABC3-5283-4553-8558-D5A8AEB0AEDC.jpeg

………………………..The MULTI VICTORIANA PENDANT, J482810, and the EARRING, J482808, were once part of my Anne Klein collection…..They were inspired by estate jewelry from the Victorian period. Bows were quite often worked into the designs of simple and/or very elaborate necklaces, brooches and earrings………..Pierced work and enamel were often used to decorate Victorian jewelry also……..I have utilized both techniques in the creation of this jewelry. The earring is exactly like the pendant….only a mini version. In the the close up you can see the intricate metal work. There is delicate metal “bead” work defining the top and bottom sections plus the center of the bow. The bow itself has rib work outlining the edges of the bow, and the center sections of the bow are pierced……Then there is the beautiful enameling……Some enameling looks painted on and very thick and opaque, but real true enameling was originally done with melted glass, so the effect was translucent. It catches the light, and as the light passes through the enameling it shows off the beautiful colors. There are many colors in the enameling, and you will have a good time examining the pieces and finding all of the different colors. The chain has color faceted beads stationed through out…The earring only comes in a PIERCED VERSION, and it is light and comfortable to wear…….The pendant comes with a beautiful chain. Each ring of the chain is doubled adding more texture and looking like the edges of the bow……………..The antique gold finish truly makes these pieces look like authentic ESTATE pieces of jewelry….If you don’t tell no one would know. These also make beautiful presents……something very different and very unexpected……This time I think the photos on QVC are very good and show the details well…….They are avail right now on the QVC Linea jewelry site…………………enjoy…………………………..much Love………………………..Louis

549695CC-9FA6-43C7-B700-5E2768278953.jpeg

……………………………Queen Victoria, after her husband Prince Albert died at an early age, only wore black until she died. Many pieces of her jewelry were black also……Black Jet and Black Enameling were pieces of jewelry that she often wore. She made them very popular…..The Victoriana pieces above are enameled in BLACK with the antique gold……..I think these pieces are the most feminine and delicate looking pieces I have done….though they still have a strong presence, which is a hallmark of all Linea jewelry. It goes without saying that these pieces are made beautifully…….I love the antique quality of these pieces….like something you would find in an antique shoppe in London………………………….enjoy………………………………much Love…………………………Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - Victoriana Pendant & Earrings!

These are pretty and very different. they definitely look like estate sale jewelry

Esteemed Contributor

This is one time when LDOs photos do not do the jewelry its due. I have no idea why, but the multi-color earrings arrived today (the rest of the order is due next week? QVC...sigh). 

These look exactly like something you would find behind a glass case at an antique store. They're that spot on in terms of scale, style, and materials. I love jewelry that has presence but doesn't weight me down--these are not light but they're not heavy and lobe stretching either. 

When the light hits the various colors, they glow like a stained glass window. Hard to describe--I guess what I mean is that they're not just blobs of color--they do something! Can 't wait to see the rest of the collection. (They remind me of the very early Joan Rivers pieces--the good stuff made in RI.)

"Yes, I ordered one of each of the necklaces and earrings," she said, making her way to the center of the bad girl bench. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

How long are the earrings? My hair is in a bob that covers my ears so I like longer earrings. I haven't bought any jewelry since the berber necklace and earrings because I'm trying to save my sheckels but those earrings spoke to me the minute I saw them.

Honored Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

How long are the earrings? My hair is in a bob that covers my ears so I like longer earrings. I haven't bought any jewelry since the berber necklace and earrings because I'm trying to save my sheckels but those earrings spoke to me the minute I saw them.

Look at The List for October thread. I posted the length there.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I would have ordered them in clip.  My ear can't hold dangley ones any more, they do look beautiful to me.