Respected Contributor

Sneak Peek - The Striped Kimono!

WOW!  Louis’s Sneak Peeks are getting longer!  Will post remaining photos and information as a Reply.

This Kimono is called “TROPICAL”, because of the bright colors reminiscent of the flowers and the sea of the Caribbean……..What you can’t tell from the photos is how incredibly light weight and flowy this Kimono is. The fabric is the same as the TIGER LILY duster. Due to its’ lightness it is the perfect cardigan to wear over your sleeveless tops and dresses……….The sizes are SML. It has a 3/4 length sleeve to show off your BLACK ROLLER BRACELETS, J390569, and your color bangles…….The Kimono is BANDED in BLACK down the front, the sleeve border and the STRIPE DOWN THE BACK for a little added something of interest…….There are band pockets that you can see in the third photo down on the left……The pockets ARE NOT stitched through and through. We tried it but the color thread going through all the stripe colors was very distracting. That was the first thing your eye went to so we eliminated it….I want to emphasize the COMFORT and COOLNESS of this open front cardigan……The colors are primarily hot pinks, fuchsia, red, turquoise, sapphire blue, a chartreuse yellow and black…..This is a fun colorful top to own, and will brighten anything you already own……………The length is approx. 31 inches long for the xxs. Above, I have the BLACK CREPE GAUZE tunic with pockets, A302566, and the zip front IVORY CROP PANT, A349647, to finish the look………..To accessorize I used the new BLUE BEDOUIN necklace set, J478051, layered with the LORD OF THE RINGS BLACK necklace,J593304,…………Whether you are traveling this summer or staying at home this will be a fun colorful cardigan to accent your existing wardrobe…….The style number is A351112………..If you want to see it on Kate and Katia look at the video of the Moss Crepe sleeveless dress, A306344 . They are at the end of the video……………………………………….enjoy………………………much Love………………………..Louis

….If you thought the only way to wear the TROPICAL KIMONO was with white or white and black, or all black……guess again. As I started to go through my samples, as you will go through your closets, you will start to pull out things you think might just work. Nine times out of ten they will. What I am showing above is just the beginning of the possibilities…..Let me first say…nothing has to match exactly, nothing above does, but it looks like it does….The eye blends it all together…OK…Starting at the left, the Admiral Blue and Island Fuchsia Moss Crepe dresses, A302606. Next, the new [coming this July] COTTON/MODAL V-neck Tee in India Pink, A351114 [no it doesn’t match the shantung jacket, nothing will], with white crop pants, A349647. Next, the Mallard Blue Moss Crepe sleeveless V-neck sleeveless dress, A306344. I haven’t begun to play with all the Tee shirts and WK tops I have stored away, but I thought I didn’t want to take all the fun away from you to discover the myriad of ways to put this Tropical Kimono together………….Then the accessories! Holey Moley, I sure am glad I’m doing jewelry now……Put your Iris Apfel hats on because it’s time to have fun and layer your necklaces….A little eccentric….absolutely….but a way to stand apart from the crowd, and create your own thing……a way to be creative in how you dress….A bit eccentric is a GOOD THING……I was so surprised at how it all came together. I wasn’t really planning for these necklaces to work together, but work together they do……starting from the left….the Silver Tortue,361087 with the Blue and Silver Ox Berber, J392832 with the Silver Ox and Black Moroccan necklace, J477433. They all come with earrings so just pick!…..Next The VOODOO, J391570, with the new Blue Bedouin necklace, J478051. I could have easily added the Black Lord of the Rings, J393304, just to fill the space!! Next the Silver Ox Tortue, J361087, with the Blue Bedouin and the Silver Ox and Black Moroccan. It may sound like a lot, and for some it definitely is, but this would just be a starting point for Iris!….Layering jewelry is just a way of adding texture and interest to your outfit…..and it’s just fun. There will be women looking at you and thinking I wish I had the courage to pull that together. Others, with no imagination will just wonder….. You will find it doesn’t take courage at all, and once you get used to it you will feel naked without your treasures. I can’t imagine what Iris feels like when she takes off all of her accessories….Lighter I’m sure, but definitely like a turtle without it’s shell………………….enjoy…………………….we only LIVE ONCE so have FUN!…………………………..much Love…………………….Louis

Just a few more pics…..On the right the Black Moss crepe sleeveless dress, A306344, with the MAASAI Necklace, J477427, earrings and TWO BRACELETS, [you’ll have to use your imagination that she is wearing two Maasai coil bracelets!]…….BTW the earring and coil bracelet have been reordered for an end July delivery…so I guess that means the beginning of Aug?…..If you want to be assured of getting them go on wait list. We had a wait list started just for this reason. The demand was much greater than the inventory!!!…..On the left the Moss Crepe dress with short sleeve and scoop neck in the Island Fuchsia, A302606, worn with the Blue Bedouin, J478051, and the VOODOO, J391570…….The TURQUOISE really stands out against the Island Fuchsia………….Ladies….the message here is……………HAVE FUN!!!!!………………………………..enjoy………………………….much Love…………………………Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - The Striped Kimono!

DESERT is the color name………Oasis could have easily been the color name too. The mood is RICH NEUTRALS, ochre, taupe, cactus, rust  burnished orange, gold and black There are many Linea pieces from the past that can work with this coloration. I have chosen to use the most obvious and most dramatic, IVORY and BLACK. The top is the Ivory WK tank with the ribbed bottom, A307363, and the Black Super Ponte pencil skirt, A347449………..I have accessorized the outfit with TWO NEW necklaces that I have designed to work either TOGETHER or on their own. The pendant necklace is called the PINEAPPLE PENDANT, and the companion station necklace with Russian Gold pieces and Resin beads comes with the earring. This necklace  is called the SWIRL necklace. The color is HONEY with the  RUSSIAN GOLD..These pieces come from my Anne Klein vault!……It also looks incredible layered with necklaces you already own like the Honey Bedouin set….A fabulous black high heel sandal, an espadrille, a wedge or a beautiful flat sandal will all work perfectly! A straw big tote will add some exotic flare….and another texture……Always think of another texture for interest. It adds so much to an outfit……………………………….enjoy…………………..much Love…………………………Louis

..As you look at what you already own, you will find more and more pieces that work with the Desert Kimono……A happy find was one of my personal favorites…..the OLIVE BRANCH Moss Crepe sleeveless dress, A306344. It’s such an unusual color to begin with, and it just looks even more fabulous with the layered necklaces, and the Kimono It gives the Kimono a whole different look from the classic ivory and black or all black….The black Tortue, J361087, the Brass Ox and Black Moroccan necklace, J477433, and the Brass Ox and Olive Berber necklace, J392832…all topped off with the Desert Kimono will look like you just came back from Marrakesh with your new treasures….It’s very rich looking in color and TEXTURE…..It is all very sophisticated……If this isn’t a red head’s outfit I don’t know what is!!! Of course that’s not to say brunettes and blonds wouldn’t look equally fine!…………..enjoy………..much Love………….Louis……………………………CLICK “OLDER” TO SEE THE LAST POST

The Desert Kimono with the Black Moss Crepe sleeveless V-neck dress……accessorized with, on the extreme left…..The Brass Ox and Black Moroccan necklace, J477433, the Honey Berber, J392832, and the Black Tortue, J361087. To the right, a simpler version with the Honey Bedouin, J478051, and the Black Lord Of the Ring Necklace, J393304. Layering like this IS POSSIBLE, because all combined they are still  light weight to wear…….for most……………………………..enjoy……………………much Love……………………….Louis

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOVE the Desert Kimono!  

Trusted Contributor

@Seka  - thanks for posting!  I love both the kimonos - such different vibes.  Which one to choose?  I've tried to restrain myself with all the new jewelry - but when I see how it works so well with the clothes -  my resolve weakens.  Love the swirl necklace.

Honored Contributor

was so looking forward to this, but i am not a horizontal stripe person. Smiley Sad

the colors are beautiful!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein