Respected Contributor

Sneak Peek - The Harlequin Group!

These pieces are interesting!

24CB30DD-BAB5-458D-AE83-57B7B3C91D87.jpeg

…….The reason I named this group “The Harlequin Group” is because one of the chains has a DIAMOND pattern that reminded me of clothes Harlequins wear. There are actually TWO different chains in the bracelet…….One is the Harlequin, and the other looks like a Beaded chain…The necklace is made with the Harlequin chain only……The necklace has a Lobster Claw closing, [no extender needed]….from which hang the chains. You will put the chains around your neck and let them hang down in the front evenly like  a scarf. Then the fun begins and you start knotting the chains. How many knots is up to you! There is a separate post at the end showing you step by step on how to do this. There will also be a video posted when the group is posted. The silhouette of the necklace become a “Y”, so it hangs straight down the center of the body…..elongating………The necklace will come with the Harlequin chain earring. It has a BALL top with a pierced post…..then the Harlequin chain and a single bead. These earrings are SUPER LIGHT!………..The Bracelet has a very SPECIAL LOOK…..It has FIVE CHAINS……..There is a center design of five caps which hold the chains and center ball beads. This group has an ART  DECO LOOK, and for some reason reminds me of the silent movie “METROPOLIS”………It has the look of the female robot…………………The bracelet has a MAGNETIC CLOSURE, so it is very easy to put on……………The color of the pieces above is SILVER OX. The oxidation really shows the chains well and gives the pieces dimension………The style numbers will be avail. when items are posted on the QVC  Linea jewelry site………………………….enjoy…………………………much Love………………………Louis

98D5F822-544A-4FB5-AB7D-A29915ECF9B2.jpeg

……First I’d like to say my photos did not capture and richness and depth of the color. All of the pieces also come in the Brass Ox color……The full length photo at the left and the Lobster  claw photo show the color best, but even they look pale compared to the actual color…..If you have the Incense  Pendant in Brass Ox you know the color…………….I know you will love this necklace, earring and bracelet in Brass Ox………………………………..enjoy……………………much Love…………………….Louis

666DECF7-1ED5-4F9D-8469-AEA10B41F6CB.jpeg

The HARLEQUIN necklace is a very versatile necklace, and something you create yourself. Does that sound intimidating? It’s not…..All you need to know is how to  tie a knot……

1-Make sure the LOBSTER CLAW is fastened. There is no extender [it’s not necessary] so you just make sure it is closed.

2-Place the necklace around your neck as the photo at the extreme upper left. Have the two sides hang like a scarf as evenly as possible. The bottom beads are staggered so don’t even try to even them out.

3-Make your first tie as second picture at upper left. Try to keep the individual chains at taut as possible [in my photo the chains on the left are a little loose].

4-Then begin to knot…..With each knot try to alternate the way you do it. Right over left then left over right.

5-Tie the knots tight enough so they do not slip, but don’t be over zealous and BREAK the chain! We aren’t trying to strangle the chain!

6-Make as many knots as you like. I’d say 2 to 4 should give you a good look. The more knots you make the shorter the necklace becomes. Also, you can start the first knot as close to the neck or as low from the neck as you want……….VERSATILE………….The beads at the bottom are uneven to start with so don’t try to even them out…..That would be futile.

7-When you have knotted the necklace to your satisfaction, just undo the lobster and your necklace is complete. You don’t have to re-knot the necklace again unless you want to create a different look by starting the knots higher or lower or adding or subtracting the knots. I have found that when I store the knotted necklace in a bag, I use plastic baggies, the knots can loosen up because there isn’t tension or gravity pulling them down to keep them taut, so you may want to hang the necklace if you can.

……………………Jennifer and I have made a video of tying the necklace for you to see. It will be posted when the Harlequin group is posted……………enjoy……………….much Love…………………Louis

Honored Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - The Harlequin Group!

I like the bracelets.

Honored Contributor

DiAnne,

I went to Louis's blog and enlarged the bracelet.  Oh, yes, you are on the money, as they say.  Great bracelet!  Absolutely intriguing in its construction.

Respected Contributor

I absolutely love this collection!