Respected Contributor

Sneak Peek - The CHATELAINE!

A unique piece of Jewellery!  

CBCE8DED-E607-4BD0-AD6E-72C71DF91745.jpeg

……..One form or another the Chatelaine dates back to the Roman times……..In the 16th Century the wealthy Dutch would wear watches hanging from chains. In the early 19th century in England. the head housekeepers [think Mrs Hughes of Downton Abbey], would  wear a decorative hook or clasp that was attached to their belt from which hung  chains attached to scissors, thimbles, a watch, and keys to the house which she was in charge of. Whatever item they needed to do their jobs was hung from their belts…..They later became elaborate decorative pieces hung from belts. They morphed into jewelry worn around the neck and on jackets. I did some chatelaines for Anne Klein years back. Some were very elaborate with rhinestones and pearls worn on evening jackets…………..For Linea I thought a chatelaine would be a wonderful  fresh accessory for the BIG DEAL BLAZERS………………………..enjoy…………………….much Love…………………………..Louis

729DBF5E-A46C-481B-ACA3-EADEA131775D.jpeg

…….The PINK/IVORY Chatelaine brooch, as all of the brooches is made of reconstituted stone. You often hear of Turquoise made in reconstituted turquoise. The stones are all smooth cabochon style. The brooch has three chains hanging from it. On these chains are stationed round beads in the same color as the brooch. The three chains come together and are attached to a stick pin giving it the Chatelaine design. The brooch will come with pierced earring in the same size and colors as the stick pin……The brooch as a “Celtic” mood……….The NECKLACE consists of a series of FIVE rows of chain, again with the station beads. The chains are attached to bars which helps them to keep separated, and not to tangle. Of course I love them worn all together, but it isn’t necessary. The brooch and necklace are both stand alone pieces……I think the fun will come when you discover all of the other things you already own that these pieces will work with. Besides using the brooch on all different blazers and jackets…..think about coats, sweaters and cardigans………………This is a very unique piece….and I would bet you have nothing like it, nor does anyone you know! The uniqueness is what makes it fabulous!………..SORRY, I don’t have style numbers yet……………………….enjoy………………………much Love……………………Louis

B062B58E-0658-4738-8E72-534356B9C816.jpeg

The Azure/ Moss has beautiful accent colors…..rose pink, burnt orange, iris, aqua, azure and the moss……….These colors will work all year…………….enjoy……………………much Love………………Louis

7A9E9D2F-CA5C-4BB4-9244-A10D51034EB8.jpeg

………………………The NAVY/CARAMEL Brooch, Earrings and Necklace were designed to work on the Caramel blazer, but you can see how beautiful it looks on Sapphire blue……Ladies it’s time to play!……It will work on so many things in your closet…………….enjoy……………………….much Love………………………………..Louis

Honored Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - The CHATELAINE!

In general I think these pieces are too busy for a small person.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - The CHATELAINE!

The Navy/Caramel is lovely.  Yes, that is my choice.