Respected Contributor

Love the colour Plum!  Not sure I like the ruffle around the armholes.

52E4DF11-49F3-42E8-8515-8334DC517892.jpeg

….The PLUM RUFFLE BLOUSE….. A390842…..is the epitome of femininity. This is the year of the FEMININE BLOUSE………..The fabric is the woven CRINKLE GEORGETTE that I have used for many years. I used to use a silk version years ago, and you really can’t tell the difference…………This blouse is ALL ABOUT THE DETAILS……….The RUFFLE DETAILS start at the neckline which is an open style……The armholes are trimmed with ruffles, and the FULL SLEEVES have a double row of ruffles which are shirred into a narrow button cuff. There is shirring at the center front of the neckline, and shirring in the cap of the sleeve to give the sleeve more fullness which achieves a billowy effect………The body of the blouse is lined in a flat georgette…….It is numerically sized from 2 to 28…………..The PLUM color is rich and deep and matches and blends beautifully with your new Plum pieces……I think it is the ideal blouse to wear under the TCF RIDING JACKET, and TCF Plum pencil skirt,……Under the jacket just a bit of ruffle shows…..until you remove the jacket for THE BIG REVEAL!……The PLUM WK MIDI SKIRT and the PLUM PONTE PANT are both great options to wear with the blouse…….The blouse would also look fabulous with a vintage velvet boho skirt as well as JEANS!…………This is a collectors piece and something you will cherish for years to come…………………enjoy…………………….much Love………………………..Louis

79FFE16E-B487-40C6-A681-27361A82D01B.jpeg

…THE BLACK RUFFLE BLOUSE………..can solve many many problems, and answer the question “what should I wear?”. I think the examples of just some of the things you can wear the blouse with will give you a good idea, and a good start to creating outfits for yourself………This is a truly SEASON-LESS blouse. You can wear this all year and every season…..For fall /winter wear it with the black TCF jacket and pencil skirt…..black jeans and boots……the black sequin pant for gala events…..the vintage velvet boho skirt……..the embroidered skirts………for spring/summer wear a floral print boho,,,,,,white pants or white jeans, and it looks fabulous with the white cotton eyelet floral skirt too for an unexpected combination!…………PLAY, PLAY, PLAY………………………

enjoy………………much Love…………..Louis

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - Ruffle Blouse!

I think Louis likes the idea of women looking feminine.   Most of his clothes are on the "dressy" side and I commend him for that.  I know it's not for everyone, but it's nice to see.

Respected Contributor

I love this. I have a similar top Louis did years ago only the body was stretch velvet. It had the ruffle neckline and around the sleeve, not on the sleeve as this has. I have to say the ruffle around the sleeve armhole looks very pretty on and it makes your shoulders look a little broader which I liked. This one you can wear all year. The velvet one you can't.

Esteemed Contributor

I like his clothes very much.  Unfortunately I no longer have occasions to wear clothing like his but I sure wish I did.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This blouse is not for me.

I do not do ruffles.

My first reaction was it reminded me of a Seinfeld episode with Jerry and the Pirate shirt.

This is a nice blouse for those who like ruffles.

To be honest, my style today is the sweat pants and top. I am not going anywhere so sloppy might be the most truthful way to describe my style.

Honored Contributor

The Seinfeld pirate shirt was an over exaggeration, this top is not. I like the top as it is feminine looking without it looking exaggerated. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I love ruffles but not overblown overwhelming ones, and this blouse has them as a wonderful accent to the shape of the bodice, neckline, and sleeves.  Love it in the plum.

Trusted Contributor

I really like it and will be ordering in the plum.

Honored Contributor

I went back through my clothes & found the item # for that purple stretch velvet top @Marlyn1 . I own it with the skirt in the purple. -- A92312.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

I really like this blouse, but am a tad unsure of the ruffle at the shoulder and look forward to seeing it modeled.  It is quite romantic and lovely.  It seems perfect with the shorter embroidered skirt and many other things.  I wonder if it would go well under the plum cardigan too?  I think so, but maybe someone else can chime in!

So glad to see several blouse options in black this season.  I was looking for one to go with my blue embroidered skirt for warmer weather and now have to choose between this one and the lovely ribbon blouse.  Of course I want both!