Respected Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - Re-Order Knit Slim Pant A265615

It really doesn't matter how tall you are. It's more about your inseam. Two women who are the same height could have different inseam measurements. Some have short legs and some have longer legs. I'm tall at 5'9' and prefer a tall pant, but my BBF is the same height and she likes a 30-31 inch inseam. She has a long torso and shorter legs, which she bemoans to me all the time when we go shop together LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

It really doesn't matter how tall you are. It's more about your inseam. Two women who are the same height could have different inseam measurements. Some have short legs and some have longer legs. I'm tall at 5'9' and prefer a tall pant, but my BBF is the same height and she likes a 30-31 inch inseam. She has a long torso and shorter legs, which she bemoans to me all the time when we go shop together LOL

You are right @Marlyn1.  I've seen pants on friends my height and similar weight and the pants are much longer on them than on me.  I'm fine with a longer leg if they are not a straight leg.  For instance, the gauze crepe pants at 27 1/2" are perfect, as is the bootcut ponte at 29" because of the slight flare.  The straight leg ponte pants at 27" are a tad too long.  I am a true petite.

Respected Contributor

@mam2fourboys

I could not believe when the ponte slim pants went on clearance.  I am relieved that the woven pants are still viable.  The slim leg is my go to pants.  

Respected Contributor

Sorry meant BFF, Must learn to check what I've writtenLOL

Honored Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

That is why seeing pants on the model Kate is so deceptive because she has a long torso and shorter legs.  I have a normal sized torso but longer legs but we are the same height.  32 inches inseam I can only wear with flats.  That is why I default to jeans often - more choices.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@Marlyn1 wrote:

You are right @Marlyn1.  I've seen pants on friends my height and similar weight and the pants are much longer on them than on me.  I'm fine with a longer leg if they are not a straight leg.  For instance, the gauze crepe pants at 27 1/2" are perfect, as is the bootcut ponte at 29" because of the slight flare.  The straight leg ponte pants at 27" are a tad too long.  I am a true petite.

The straight leg pants are 28", not 27" as I mistakenly wrote.