Respected Contributor

Sneak Peek! ROMAN COIN Jewellery!

Reminder, there’s FREE SHIPPING today!

………I believe at this point in our relationship it is no secret that I am absolutely in love, beguiled and hypnotized by anything from antiquity. I love ancient Egypt, ancient Greece, ancient Rome, Africa, China, Central America etc etc. There is just something so mesmerizing about these ancient cultures and the art they produced……certainly more creative than much of what we see today. Remember, these artists had nothing to go by….they were creating the first of everything…..The thought is mind boggling. They were creative for the sake of creativity without any preconceived ideas……Yes, the Romans were greatly influenced by the Greeks, but the individual artists were basically creating from nothing…..They had no reference material, art books or computers to work from….All of the Roman coins above were created by these artisans. Today they are each well over $1000 and upwards to $40,000 and more for each coin. They are just beautiful…..They were just too expensive to buy to have reproduced…….I have long been intrigued with the idea of doing Roman coin jewelry…….Many years ago I did a group of coin jewelry for Anne Klein. Let me say now….they were nothing compared to what I am offering you now at half the price!!!I also did tee shirts and blouses, summer long skirts all adorned with coins……..Andrea Pfister, who I collaborated with on my Anne Klein Couture shoe collection, came up with a fantastic group of coin decorated bags, a variety of sandals and strappy high heel sandals. Jac had a pair of tea cup heel thongs in black with a V plaque on the instep covered in coins. They jingle jangled when she walked. I thought they were so sexy. I think they are still here somewhere in the house with all of Jac’s shoes….I’ll have to look………….but that was years ago………Then a few months ago Kate said in a post to me that she would love some coin jewelry…..That put the so called bee in my bonnet…the creative juices started to flow….I have wanted to do coins for so long…..this was the push I needed……but how to do it in a FABULOUS way was the big question. When I mentioned this group to my TCJC group I first got a lukewarm reception, but they let me do anything I want, because ultimately they believe in me….even if they can’t see it. All  they can reference is what they have seen before, not what IT COULD BE….. The coins that were avail. on the open market were tinny and cheap. They just weren’t going to do it for me. How to get it done my way??? I took pictures of the Roman coins to all of the different manufacturers I work with, and told them what I wanted to do. I use basically four different factories because they specialize in certain things, and after so many years they know what I like, and just as important, what I don’t like! Some specialize in pearls and all kinds of stones….other in metal, and others are more eclectic and work with everything……..The main factor was who could manufacture THE COINS I WANTED!!!! At one of the factories they showed me a 3-D computer that can copy and make almost everything. They are amazing machines! They have one computer linked to one machine, and one young man who operates it. He works in a room the size of a small closet! You need the patience of a Saint and time, time time. When I saw the possibilities of what he could do I knew this was the answer to my prayers!!! I worked with him and showed him the photos of the coins…..”could you make these?” I said. “I’m pretty sure I can.” was his answer. He did tell me it would be much more difficult from a flat photo than from an object. I got so excited I shut the door and worked with him so we wouldn’t be disturbed…..leaving everyone else to go and get coffee or what ever! I told him exactly what I wanted and the sizes I needed. I wanted BOTH SIDES of the coins to be exactly like the designs in the photos I showed him. Having one side look like the coins and the other side some random texture wasn’t going to cut it. I can be a DEMANDING task maker when I WANT something…..Doing designs on both sides was double the work, but that’s how the coins were…..It would take many many hours and sometime days to make one coin prototype layer by layer by layer. As I said, it is so much more difficult to make a two sided 3-D coin  from a photograph than it would have been if he had the actual coin. It is so complicated it can give a normal person a migraine. We selected the photos of the coins to be replicated that he thought would be the most successful. I, of course wanted more, but I couldn’t be a total pig!!! After about 25 minutes I realized this was going to take days, so I opened the door and left him to his work. There was a look of relief on everyone’s face when I finally emerged. Of course if others were in the room they would have exclaimed about cost!!!! Not something I wanted to hear. We will work on the cost later…..The coins had to be right or the whole project would have been a huge failure….at least for me………I learned that after the first coins were made he had to go back to the computer to refine them to make sure he got the aged look of the coins….After four weeks the finished coins were sent to me….the result is what you see here in the following photos……..I hope you are as excited as I was and am………..to be presenting these incredible pieces to you……………They have become some of my all time favorites……..My only fear is we didn’t order enough…………………………………..enjoy………………much Love………………………….Luigino

Italian women LOVE their coin jewelry. It’s partly because they are proud of their Roman heritage, and the Roman culture, but I think mostly because they are  just BEAUTIFUL…..As I explained, each coin was reproduced from an ancient Roman coin. They are all double sided as the originals were. Some look more worn than others due to the fact that they were THOUSANDS of years old. QVC states that these are “stamped” coins” They are not stamped. You could never get a stamped metal piece to look like this. They are made from coins that were created by the 3-D image machine. From these first coins molds were made. I chose an ANTIQUE GOLD PLATING that came closest to what the original coins looked like……The first necklace is the….ROMA, J478581………..The Roma necklace is a THREE CHAIN TIERED NECKLACE from which various Roman coins hang. Each row has coins placed in different positions on the chains so they create a pleasing pattern when worn. The chain itself has a very delicate detailing which also gives an artisan hand crafted look…This is a great necklace to wear on its’ own or to mix with the two other coin necklaces. Above, you can see the Roma mixed with the longer AMALFI NECKLACE, J478583. I think they look fantastic together……very ITALIAN………..The ROMA EARRING, J478579. is a clip on earring due to its’ size. It fits securely onto the ear and is very comfortable. The coins of the earring are the same as in the necklace………..These necklaces will add instant drama and glamour to anything you own….new…or old……………….I know you will get years of pleasure wearing these necklaces, and I assure you the compliments will come with every look of envy!……Maybe it might inspire you to take a trip to wonderful Italy…….enjoy…….much Love……..Luigino…..P.S. Luigino is what my dear friends in Italy call me!

…….The ROMA necklace up close so you can see the beautiful details of ancient Rome………Remember, the large coins on the reverse side are different so you can wear the necklace on both sides!…………….enjoy…………………………..much Love……………………..Luigino

………………….I named this necklace AMALFI after the Amalfi coast where I spent many years working. I made many trips to Priano, which is the village next to Positano. I spent many glorious days at Andrea Pfister’s villa collaborating with him on the Anne Klein Shoe Couture collection. His white villa with huge arch window and multi layer terraces was famous in the area. It was perched at the edge of the cliff and straight below the beautiful sea. It was 250 steps down from the main road and another 300 steps down to the sea. It was one of the few villas to have a pool…. Sometimes Jac would join us, and spend the day at the pool over looking the Mediterranean, and Capri. We would all meet up for lunch on the terrace where we had  wonderful food and ice cold white wine……….great memories……………………….The Amalfi necklace, J478583 is made of a series of large and smaller coins separated by multi color, cobalt, carmine, ambra, verde and nero glass beads. All of the coins are double sided, and the large ones have different images on each side so there is no right or wrong side when you wear it……Again, it looks great on its’ own and fantastic mixed with the other necklaces…..Maybe wearing it will bring you to the beautiful Amalfi coast…..If you ever get to Positano take a very short ride down the coast [5 to 10 minutes] to Priano and have lunch or dinner at the Bracci, a small family owned restaurant…..one flight up from the road!…P.S “Under the Tuscan Sun” was filmed right next door!……………………enjoy………………………much Love……………..Luigino

Respected Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek! ROMAN COIN Jewellery!

WOW!  This is a spectacular Sneak Peek!

The TREVI FOUNTAIN is in the heart of Rome…………..I think the Trevi Fountain may be the most beautiful fountain I have ever seen. You walk down a street in Rome, that looks like all others….you turn a corner…..and there it is….out of no where! The most Magnificent and surprising site you will see. There is a legend  behind the “three coins”. The legend claims you should turn your back to the fountain and throw THREE COINS over your right shoulder. The first coin guarantees your return to Rome. The second coin will ensure a NEW romance, and the third coin will ensure marriage…………..From this legend a movie was born, “Three Coins in the Fountain”, and an Academy Award winning song by the same name. I have thrown many coins in this fountain………….and all of my wishes came true…………………….

Now you know the legend of the three coins. This necklace was created in honor of the fountain and the legend…….Of  the “THREE” necklaces the Trevi is the shortest. There are three different coins, in graduated sizes, hanging from a strand of “glass” beads. Mixed in with the beads are two gold beads. One has crystal stones and the other, which is actually “three” spacer beads put together [see close up], is on the other side. These spacer beads, which look like a series of TINY GOLD BEADS are also used on the Trevi earring to separate the glass bead from the coin……I love the way these two beads are placed randomly with in the color beads….as if the artisan just felt he or she had to have them there for no other reason than it pleased them……..Now we call them glass beads, but the truth is they are semi precious beads…..so why not call them so? There is too much red tape and documentation required by QVC to say they are semi precious, so we decided to just call them glass. It was much easier and saved headaches! You can tell they are semi precious just by looking at them………The Red beads are called….CARMINE RED………and the Black beads are called…..NERO. The style number for the necklace is J478587………..The lever back earring has a single bead, the two spacer beads. The hanging Roman Coin looks like a SUN DIAL. It is the shorter of the two earrings being offered, and something everyone can wear………It’s a great necklace to wear on its’ own with a white tee and white jeans, some fabulous sandals and BIG sunglasses…..very Italian……or mixed with the other necklaces to create more dramatic looks………………………………………………….

enjoy……………much Love…

VERDE is the Italian word for Green. The Trevi necklace and Earring comes in this beautiful JADE GREEN…………Of all the Trevi necklaces these green beads have the most variation of color…..going from dark to light. Even the individual beads vary in shades of green. You can see that the extender chain of each necklace ends in the bead color of the necklace…..a nice touch. In the photos above you can see the Trevi necklace being worn with just the Roma, and then with all three adding the Amalfi…….It all depends how much of a DIVA you want to be that day/evening! LOL Wearing all three certainly gives you the rights!…………………………enjoy…………………..much Love………………….Luigino

COBALT……………is a marvelous BLUE……..It definitely falls into the Sapphire range, and will coordinate beautifully with all of your Sapphire Linea clothes, but it is lighter in color which keeps it from looking too matched……..Every time I see this particular blue with gleaming white, I can’t help but think of the colors of GREECE, which is only a hop, skip and a jump from the east coast of Italy. The two countries share so many historical influences. A very very creative period in history, that the two countries shared…..The Cobalt is also a wonderful accent color and will look fabulous against so many other colors like…….red, yellow, orange and hot pink etc…………..click “OLDER” to see more!…………..enjoy…………………………….much Love………………………..Luigino

Esteemed Contributor

Nice! I can't wait to see these

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I'm glad I held off to get the free shipping.  Now that I've read what Louis posted about these,  i can't wait to get them.  Only Louis would painstakingly make sure the details were correct.  

Respected Contributor

Today I feel like I received two presents. The beautiful sneak peeks from Louis, and the free shipping from QVC gave me the gentle push to be a very bad girl. I think I may have to start a coin jewelry bad girls bench. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my the ambra earrings are no longer an option I guess they sold out.  I hope I get mine, I ordered the matching necklace as well.

Honored Contributor

They were a pass for me because I thought there was a plain, blah stone for the white.  Boy was I wrong!  Now I want the Ambra, too.

Respected Contributor

There is only ONE Trevi Necklace in Ambra left!

Honored Contributor

HOLY LUIGINO!  That last Ambra necklace has flown the coop.

I never would have pegged that color as the one to watch.  Goes to show what I know.

Esteemed Contributor

Now I don’t feel so bad about missing the free shipping when I ordered the ambra yesterday!  I did manage to take advantage of today’s free shipping by ordering the Roma. 👍

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett