Esteemed Contributor

Sneak Peek: Fabulous new sweater in 4 flattering colors

rib5-768x432.jpg

…………………..How much do I love CLASSIC TIMELESS pieces?…………..For me you can not have a well balanced wardrobe without them…….Yesterdays classic have become today’s “fashion must haves” of the season……….This new JEWEL NECK, ENGLISH RIB PULLOVER, A279525, is a great example……..Sweaters comparable to this have appeared on many designer lines including Eileen Fisher, who has become the Queen of minimalist dressing…..To give this sweater an edgier look wear it this fall with the BLACK MOSS CREPE GAUCHO PANT, A273865, and fabulous black boots…The “English Rib” is a very specific stitch that was and is used for many English classic country sweaters. It is not a rib that pulls in or constricts. On the contrary it lays flat, and glides over the body. This FULLY FASHIONED sweater has a beautiful open jewel neckline, a long sleeve, and it is approx. 26 inches long for the XS. There are small side slits for a little detail………The color above is………..WINTER WHITE…….and you will be seeing it again during the winter season………ATTENTION…..this sweater looks great with absolutely nothing under it because it is made in a cotton/acrylic blend which is very soft, and the weight is wonderful to wear on its’ own. It is  also the perfect weight for layering. In the case above the A72448 turtle neck in the new Winter White……….Choose whatever bottom you desire….from jeans for a very casual look to the BLACK GAUZE PANT, A276295, or the IVORY WK PENCIL SKIRT, A273880,  for a dressier look. I have chosen two options for accessories……the GOLD BAR NECKLACE, J325471, which is a wonderful casual minimal piece…[this will be coming back in all colors  PLUS ROSE GOLD]…..or the new GOLD TRAPEZE NECKLACE…….a bold modern statement. Of course these are only two suggestions, but the choices for accessorizing a WINTER WHITE PULLOVER are endless………………….

………………………………………………….enjoy…………………………much Love…………………………………Louis

“THE BURNT ORANGE PULLOVER”

rib6-768x432.jpg

…………………………………..BURNT ORANGE……..a high octane fashion color. I love taking a classic piece and doing it in an unexpected color. The “burnt” in the orange subdues the color, and makes it a very wearable color…..it really says FALL.. It’s the perfect color to wear on the weekends with a pair of jeans. I happen to love the stark white TN under the orange……..Accessorize or not…..maybe add a hip belt to change it up…………………enjoy…………………………….much Love……………………….Louis

“THE CAMEL PULLOVER”

rib7-768x432.jpg

………………………I love a TRUE CAMEL……and other then real Camel Hair fabric……..it is not always an easy color to duplicate. The standard I sent to match WAS a camel hair fabric, and I think the dyers hit the nail on the head! It’s a very saturated color…not too pale…..too gray…too red, yellow or taupe……The perfect deep warm camel………Again, wear the sweater on its’ own with nothing under it or layer with color. There is a good photo at the center left of the fully fashioned armhole….. Above, the cotton “Kate” shirt in the Pale Yellow. There are so many colors that look great with camel from black to winter white and ivory and everything in between. If you like pastel shirts try Pale Blue, Pale Pink Lilac etc etc. For something stronger Red, Orange, Teal, Turquoise etc all look great with camel…….Actually, there is very little that doesn’t look good with camel! On the bottom I have chosen the Grey Boot cut Super Ponte pant, A268216, that is returning……Around her neck the “vintage” Linea camel Posh Knit scarf……….These are sweaters and colors to collect….sweaters to keep at hand….sweaters that need little thought of how to wear….your bottom of choice…a trouser, a jean, a maxi skirt, a short pencil or a dress trouser….add your accessory…..maybe a fabulous paisley scarf….. and off you go………………………………………..

……………………………enjoy…………………..much Love……………………….Louis

“THE NAVY PULLOVER”

rib8-768x432.jpg

…………………NAVY and an English Rib classic sweater go together like scones and clotted cream! These are sweaters perfect for anyone at any age, and nothing can be more perfect in this sweater than the Linea NAVY. Wear it this summer with white jeans or this winter with jeans and boots………..The RED KATE SHIRT, A214116, is the perfect companion to Navy……..The Linea Signature necklaces look so good against the navy [just found out they sold out, but I’d check because there may be one to show up!]…..however the SIGNATURE matching earring in SILVER and GOLD are still avail, J320884………………………………………..enjoy………………………..much Love……………………………Louis

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek: Fabulous new sweater in 4 flattering colors

For me?

Thanks for asking!

Ivory

Navy 

and...going out of my comfort zone and picking up burnt orange. 

These kinds of sweaters are ideal for SoCal's winters to be worn with a light jacket or without.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Oh boy ... I see three of these in my future:  Burnt Orange, Navy, and that Camel is what I've been waiting for. 

Respected Contributor

These sweaters are perfect. winter white, burnt orange and ? I'll have to think navy or camel? If the price is right both. Eilene Fisher had sweaters like these for at least $200, can't remember, maybe more.

Respected Contributor

These are great looking sweaters. All colors are appealing to me but I'm really loving that burnt orange. I just don't know how much wear I'd get out of these in Florida. I don't get to wear my WK swing sweaters much. I also wonder about the sleeve length. For some reason, in the photos the sleeves look short to me. Some tops/sweaters I will just push the sleeves up, but in this style I'd want it past my wrist.
Respected Contributor

I love this sweater, especially the winter white and navy, perfect for my coloring.  This will be a great addition to my sweater library, especially like the rib design, chunky yet not too bulky.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla Nice try- I'm sure LDO had me in in mind when he designed these! Smiley Wink I too, see multiples of these comming home this fall.  Navy, orange and quite possibly the camel.  Oh heck, who are we kidding, I love them all and they are perfect for cold Michigan winters!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Heart Heart Heart  Navy & Camel for me

Thanks for the sneak peek, @anniebethsmom

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I love this look - button down shirt under sweater with collar out and cuffs turned back.  I already have three sweaters in ivory, navy and dark rose that are very similar but have a little chenille in them.  Not sure I need another in this style.  

Trusted Contributor

@alliswell Can't take credit for this post- @gardensla was up earlier than I was!  Can't wait for all the new for Fall.  These are sure winners!