Respected Contributor

Sneak Peek Egyptian Necklace Set!

This Necklace is Gorgeous!

…I have always loved everything that had to do with Ancient Egypt. It was a destination Jac and I had always planned to go to, but sadly never made it…..When ever I can, in what ever country I may be, I try to go to the Museums of Natural History to see what they have from ancient Egypt……..The tombs, the artifacts the clothing the sarcophagi, and the JEWELRY has always inspired me. We all know the look of the “Cleopatra Necklace”, Nefertiti, and the famous sarcophagus of King Tutankhamun. The artisans were masters at manipulating stones like turquoise, amber, onyx, mother of pearl and then combining them with GOLD………………I love the look of hieroglyphics and Egyptian symbols…..One of the Egyptian symbols that has inspired many jewelry designers is the Ankh. It symbolizes eternal life, the morning sun, the male and female principles….the heave and the earth. That’s a lot of meaning for one symbol…LOL. I have used the Ankh as a starting point for my new pendant. It is not a literal translation of the symbol, but just the mood……………………With this pendant I am also introducing a new finish. It is called…………. VERDIGRIS………..This is not the GREEN PATINA or the AZURE PATINA……….Even thought they are similar in that there is a green color, and that each piece will vary due to the process…..the VERDIGRIS is more green then the rest. There is a similarity in the plating process, but they all feel different in the hand. The Verdigris has a more RAW FEEL, and has the closest look to ancient pieces. The companion earring is made of the same parts as the pendant and all linked together with small rings. The SNAKE chain also has the verdigris plating…….I think you will love this new color……..This will be the only piece I have done in the Verdigris plating, but it can easily mix with your Green Patina Etruscan bead necklace and bead bracelet……………..Honestly, I don’t think this piece will last long………………………………enjoy……………………………much Love………………………………………………Louis

This is the perfect piece to just put on with anything……It has a simplistic hand forged hand made look, and  silver is the perfect color to make it in. The soft “hand hammered” look gives the piece that artisan look I always love to achieve….The earring is a great separate piece to wear with other things you may own………………………..enjoy………………………..much Love………………………………..Louis

This pendant looks like it was discovered in an ancient Egyptian Pyramid……or something I would see in a display case in a museum…..I chose Russian Gold for this pendant, because it is the closest color, and has the patina of pieces from antiquity…….It is definitely a statement, but not an overpowering statement for ANYONE……It can easily be worn with a tee or a Whisper Knit sweater…..all year long….It’s a get up and go piece…….We all love that……………enjoy………………………much Love………………….Louis

………………………………..One thing about this SHINY BLACK EGYPTIAN PENDANT worn with stark white….your eye, and everyone else’s will go right to it…….For that matter….no matter what color you wear it with it’s a STAND OUT!……………………………..enjoy…………………………….much Love……………………………..Louis

Honored Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek Egyptian Necklace Set!

@Seka  Thank you for posting the photos. Heart

Respected Contributor

Stunning.  I'd wear it exactly as shown, the black elbow sleeve sweater, white pants or jeans, the jewelry.  Wow.

Respected Contributor

I'm in the Silver and the earring! Love it!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

The new verdigris and gold for me. I can't stop looking at the verdigris color

Esteemed Contributor

So, I see Louis states the necklace and earrings will be sold separately in his comments under the Silver option. The Q has this listed and photographed as a set...

Any thoughts about this, Ladies?

Respected Contributor

I like that a design that is so statement, a real focal point, will be sold separately, earrings and necklace.

I don't have pierced ears so this works better, plus I probably wouldn't wear both at the same time.  

Honored Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I believe that Louis is saying that the earrings can be worn seperately from the necklace.

Respected Contributor

Louis titled them the "Egyptian Necklace and Earring Set" in all four Sneak Peek posts---so why do people think they were going to be sold separately?

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel