Respected Contributor

Sneak Peek - Cotton / Modal / Spandex Top!

Love this blend of fabric!  And the Black Top with the Pineapple and Swirl Necklaces!

The new TURQUOISE TEE SHIRT TOP, A351114, is a blend of 55% cotton, 40% modal and 5% spandex. The hand is silky and the garment is light weight…..The neckline has a narrow V band, and the sleeve is 3/4 length. The body has a gentle shape and the bottom has a graceful curve. The length of the top is approx. 26 inches for the size xxs…………The color is a beautiful saturated TURQUOISE. It looks great with the Linea white denim shorts, A306294. Add the Black Chain necklace, J393304, the Blue Bedouin necklace and earring set, J478051, and the Black roller bracelets, J390569……….Complete the look with black sunglasses and white slides like the Marc Fisher A352651…….This tee happens to look great with the new TROPICAL STRIPE KIMONO coming soon……..It was all part of the plan……………..It’s all so relaxed and easy…..just as summer should be………………………enjoy……………….much Love………………………Louis

………………..The perfect Black tee…….Black tees always take on a dressier look and in the cotton/modal blend it looks expensive and classy…….. wear it as relaxed as you want or as dressed up as the occasion calls for. The new DILL languid pant, A356460 adds a nice easy look. Slip on a pair of black slides and a black woven tote. Black sunglasses are mandatory!…..I chose the new SWIRL NECKLACE & EARRING SET in the FERN and Antique Gold paired with the new PINEAPPLE PENDANT also in the Fern and Antique Gold………….Of course the black works with all of the KIMONO choices………………………….Easy does it……………….enjoy…………………….much Love……………………Louis

INDIA PINK………..a very hard to describe color, except to say it’s beautiful. As you can see the photo at the left, second from the bottom, the India Pink Shantung jacket with the tee beneath. It was impossible to get the same intensity as the Shantung, but we came as close as we could. Different fabrics dye differently………….I’m more than pleased with the outcome. To the left I have paired the top with the IVORY LACE PANT, A349652, and accessorized with the ICE VENETIAN necklace and earring set J390581. This is a fun way to dress up the tee, and a way to make the lace pant more casual……At the right I have the top with the Linea Leisure pant in white, A262070. To continue the fun and relaxed look I have accessorized with the silver DISC set, J360759, and the silver FISH. Add the silver roller bracelet, J390577 and you are complete……..This tee was also planned to work with the new TROPICAL STRIPE KIMONO. It’s a great accent or stand alone color……………………….enjoy…………………………….much Love…………………………..Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - Cotton / Modal / Spandex Top!

Well, I love anything with modal in it, and I like all the colors, and I plan on
getting the Tropical Stripe---so I guess I'm in for all three!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

I've recently purchased another vendors cotton/modal/span tees and I am thrilled to learn Louis is bringing this wonderful blend to us! I hope this will be the beginning of many garments to come our way. It's a wonderful blend, with a magnificent silk like hand and is so very rich in appearance and wearability. YAY!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm all over the "Pineapple Pendant" in Fern and Antique Gold.  Loving it!

Of course I love the style of this top and am rather certain I'll love its fabric.

Esteemed Contributor

I am apparently in the minority. I loathe modal. The shirts I've purchased that are a cotton/modal/span blend have ended up a wrinkled mess after they are washed. They've pilled and become limp, horrible tops. Amongst the worse tops I've ever purchased.

I know Louis uses terrific fabrics ... but man alive, very hesitant about ever buying anything modal. And I love me a torq v neck top. Good luck and enjoy all of you who buy this pretty top from Louis.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Dear Kate, there are all different qualities of cotton/ modal/span. Who's top was it that you had such bad luck with. It seems many Vendors are using this blend in solids and prints. Maybe you just got an inferior quality? I'm willing to give it a try.

Respected Contributor

I love many if not most of Louis’s fabrics. I have several of his all cotton items - such as the Phoenix Bird print shirt and crop pants. I don’t own an iron. These items - I wash on delicate - throw them into the dryer (low heat) and when they’re done I fold immediately and they never look like a wrinkled mess. I always think of modal as a plus as a blend with cotton because it resists creasing. I plan on ordering the Black Top.
Respected Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

Dear Kate, there are all different qualities of cotton/ modal/span. Who's top was it that you had such bad luck with. It seems many Vendors are using this blend in solids and prints. Maybe you just got an inferior quality? I'm willing to give it a try.

I have one or two Susan Graver tops with Modal and they are great! Sooo comfortable.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

I have one from Bob Mackie and one from Kim Cravel [sp]. They both preform well. I'm looking forward to these. I like them better than 100% cotton.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh please no one get me wrong re: Louis tops. I'm saying I had bad luck w/ the cotton/modal/span tops I tried. Because someone asked, they were from Macy's and Talbots. I typically throw tops in dryer for about 8 mins or so and pull out ... and these tops came out a wrinkled mess and horribly pilled. They were without a doubt the worse money I've ever spent on clothes. I'm just gun shy on modal and will wait to see the reviews. I do love the color and style of these tops for casual wear.

Looking forward to some new whisper knit as we get closer to fall and I may buy the other new v neck top ... but it looks a lot like tops I already have. I mean at some point I really need to quit buying so many black tops. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."