Respected Contributor

Sneak Peek - Boucle Tweed Jacket!

I’ve ordered the Caramel/Black - but keep looking at the Bisque/Gray.

5A31E9E2-07B6-40A6-B98A-B612B781C3DD.jpeg

…..The BISQUE BOUCLE TWEED JACKET, A384499, is unique in so many ways…….First of all the fabric….It is a blend of polyester, acrylic, wool and other fibers. There is a lot of dimension to this fabric, but it is not thick. The reason for this is the dark grey yarns are fine and flat, while the bisque yarn has the boucle loop….giving the texture to the fabric. This is not a flimsy fabric. It is quite substantial because of the construction and the different yarns used. Due to this it tailors beautifully…….The shoulder is “built” like all of my tailored Linea jackets. There is a proper size shoulder pad that has a cap filler to create a beautiful line. This jacket has a V-neckline with a three button front. The buttons are faux horn. There is a CUT AWAY front, meaning the fronts of the jacket do not go straight down. At the bottom of the last button the jacket is cut away into an upside down V. The jacket measures in length from the high point shoulder to the point hem approx. 28 inches for the size 4. The jacket is numerically sized…..The jacket gradually becomes shorter to the side seam and levels out across the back hem. It almost gives the jacket the look of a weskit…..There are patch pockets that meld into the fabric, and are barely noticeable…..There are also flaps with buttons above each pocket…..The jacket is fully lined in a beautiful dark grey satin…….You can button the jacket as you wish, but I prefer it left completely open or the top button or the top 2 buttons buttoned. Of course it looks good with all the buttons buttoned, but I like the more relaxed attitude of leaving a button or two undone. As with all of my jackets there is always an extra button on the inside. I would recommend removing it and putting it away for safe keeping……On the label it says you can machine wash this jacket, and you can, but washing a tailored jacket goes against my grain. I would never wash a jacket like this. I would always dry clean them. Really how many times do you have to dry clean a blazer? I would say once or maybe twice a season if it gets a lot of wear. The jacket just keeps its’ shape better when it isn’t dunked into a tub of water!..However, many women have had success machine washing….It’s just not my preference…Naturally, the new BISQUE and GREY separates work perfectly with this jacket as you can see in the photos above. Black also works because the grey is so dark……..From left to right there is the brand new SPLIT COLLAR WK TN paired with the WK Bisque skirt….a taupe or dark grey boot would be perfection…….The Bisque Ponte Boot Cut pant is next worn with the same WK sweater. I ALWAYS tell you….it is close to impossible to match colors perfectly in different fabrics. These garments are made in different factories in different areas of the country. Each factory is responsible for matching and dying the fabric to the standard. I have to approve the color from a piece of fabric the size of a postage stamp! Then when the production is dyed there is always a slight difference…..SO…..the pant came out slightly lighter in color, but they still all BLEND BEAUTIFULLY! If you want a perfect match in the bisque, go with the WK skirt and sweaters. The grey Ponte pant and the WK sweaters match pretty well…….Above, is the sleeveless WK TN………For jewelry…..I would recommend the Grey/Bisque Fez and Triple strand necklaces and bracelets. MORE ARE COMING and they are due mid to end Oct……..The ARTE MODERNE pendant should be arriving soon, and both the Bisque and Mica work perfectly with the clothing above. Also, anything in SILVER or GUNMETAL will be perfect….such as the BISTRO in the silver and gunmetal chain, the LIQUID necklace, bracelet and earring in silver or gunmetal and the Grecian Disc necklace and bracelet in the silver and gunmetal, to name a few, would all look great with the Bisque tweed…………………………Enjoy…………..much Love………….Louis

23ADB449-825D-4BF2-80DA-6155EDCB8D9D.jpeg

………………Here are some more ideas for how to wear the Bisque tweed jacket……From left to right….the Bisque cheetah print shirt with scarf, and the new TCF black pencil skirt. Black tights and shoe boots or pumps would work perfectly. For something a little lighter on the leg my SMOKE SHEER TIGHTS with a black suede pump would look beautiful. The JET BLACK GLITTERATI glass necklace and earring, or the new Mica Arte Modern pendant will also be perfect………Next, the new MOSS CREPE WRAP OVER top in Bisque or Black, A384501. It has the look of a scarf wrapped closely to the neck………For a “mix it up look”, I love the sleeveless Black WK TN worn with the floral emb skirt [which has Bisque flowers in it, and that’s no accident!], accessorized with the COQUETTE necklaces in the multi color glass round beads…….Black suede boots would finish it off nicely….or black tights and a black suede shoe boot…………enjoy……….much Love……….Louis

D91111BC-4E9E-4CE4-B4CA-CB1B1D071A0D.jpeg

……………………The CARAMEL BOUCLE is a combination of BLACK and CARAMEL boucle yarns. The color is deep and saturated!.Above you can see the new SPLIT COLLAR WK TN with the BLACK FAUX SUEDE SKIRT, the Black Ponte Pant…….the new Wrap over Moss Crepe top and the WK TANK with the BLACK WK SKIRT………..The Caramel Fez and Triple Strand necklaces are perfection with the tweed…………..Throw your Caramel Trench coat over it all when the weather gets cold………..It’s already getting cold here in CT. Almost time to start the fireplace!………………….

enjoy…………..much Love………….Louis

DAA856E6-8899-48CF-AB5A-937A9C29E770.jpeg

…………………..More photos of the CARAMEL TWEED JACKET….the black WK tank, and caramel pant with the twisted sister necklace in the “goldtone” which is actually AMBER and GARNET glass beads with gold discs……..next the V-neck Lantern sleeve WK sweater with black Ponte pants, and the AMBER TASSEL GRANDE necklace……..next the Caramel cheetah print with the Turquoise Glitterati necklace…….Of course if you want a column of color the Caramel sleeveless TN, and the Caramel Ponte pant will give you the look you want……………enjoy……much love…………..Louis

I

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - Boucle Tweed Jacket!

Did you notice the split neck WK turtlenecks in the sneak peaks?  Loving this!  Gives the look of a collared shirt.  I'll be getting this (these) for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@Seka Thanks for posting these additional sneak peeks. I hope everyone saw Louis' comment stating that the model in the Q pic was indeed wearing the wrong size. Too big!

@DecorDiva 

Love the split collared WK! I believe he did a somewhat similar collared WK years back in Mahagony. I always liked that neckline and recall the LL's did too. That color was a popular sellout.

Trusted Contributor

I'm loving the wrap neck top in moss crepe. Some wonderful things to look forward to.Smiley Happy

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

These clothes are incredibly beautiful. No one offers such a variety of beautifully made clothes not even in the stores, and certainly not at these prices! And all the jewelry! Louis not only makes it so easy, he hands it to us on a silver platter. These are true designer clothes. They are timeless chic clothes that will last forever. I am so grateful to have Louis. He's such a gentleman, and does so much for us. I couldn't help myself. I ordered both colors. I'm just happy it didn't come in 3 colors!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marlyn1 wrote:

These clothes are incredibly beautiful. No one offers such a variety of beautifully made clothes not even in the stores, and certainly not at these prices! And all the jewelry! Louis not only makes it so easy, he hands it to us on a silver platter. These are true designer clothes. They are timeless chic clothes that warill last forever. I am so grateful to have Louis. He's such a gentleman, and does so much for us. I couldn't help myself. I ordered both colors. I'm just happy it didn't come in 3 colors!

I tried not to order both colors ...  but to no avail ... and I'm not all that fond of collar-less jackets; both  are just beautiful, I agree.

Six jackets in four weeks ... that's a record, even for me.

Trusted Contributor

Same here, I ordered both.  It just wasn't possible for me to pick a favorite!

Respected Contributor

I have never seen this split tneck and I'm in love with it!!!! I don't show it on line yet but I'll keep checking.

these jackets are beautiful 

Sharon

Respected Contributor

@Mustang Shar Type the item # on the search bar, A384499, and it will come up.  I chose the bisque.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

SoX,

Sometimes the moment is ripe and right.  Sometimes, items that existed in an inchoate state in your mind show up -- all at the same time -- and you have to buy them.  It's a financial strain but you do not see an out.

The most prominent memory I have of a situation like this in my Linea history occurred when the jewel tone collection appeared.  Remember, not everything was in a jewel tone, but I loved all the WK skirts and sweaters (including cardigans) and boucle jackets that Louis presented in that collection.  There was a grey, as I recall.

That time was a sweep for me.  I was putty in his creative hands.