Respected Contributor

Sneak Peak: New Moss Crepe Tops

“IRIS TOP”

Filed under: From Louis — Louis Dell'Olio @ 7:54 AM

…………….A Story…..Purple fabric used to be outrageously expensive and only rulers, kings and queens could afford it.The dye initially used to make purple came from the Phoenician trading city of Tyre, which is now modern day Lebanon. Fabric traders obtained the dye from a small mollusk that was only found in the Tyre region of the Mediterranean Sea….9000 mollusks were needed to create one gram of Tyrian Purple. It was so rare that only the Imperial classes of Rome, Egypt and Persia could afford it. Ancient emperors, kings and queens that wore the color were often thought of as gods or descendants of gods….Queen Elizabeth the 1st created “Sumptuary Laws” regulating what clothing and colors people of different classes could wear. She forbade anyone but close family members of the Royal family to wear PURPLE……………………………………….Today we have no such laws, and we can wear any colors we choose. However, it is interesting to remember that there was a time only Royals, Emperors and Queens were aloud to wear Purple.

The Iris top above, A347494, is made in Moss Crepe. It has a narrow band creating a V-neck line, and it has a 3/4 length sleeve. The body is shaped through the bust and gently flares out….not too much, so I wouldn’t call this a swing. It has just enough room to graze the hips, and then some. It also has side slits for extra hip ease on this STRAIGHT bottom. The xxs is approx 28 inches long. The Iris color, though saturated, is a softened purple, much like the flower………..In honor of all the Roman Queens and Empresses, I have accessorized the IRIS top with the CARMINE RED TREVI necklace for a dash of color against the purple, and the ROMA and AMALFI necklaces……it looks  fit for any Queen………………………enjoy………………much Love…………………Louis

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

Re: Sneak Peak: New Moss Crepe Tops

“THE DARK CHOCOLATE TOP”

Filed under: From Louis — Louis Dell'Olio @ 7:54 AM

………………………..DARK CHOCOLATE is an extremely hard color to find in tops. Every single time I have offered this or a similar color it is always the first to sell out. That could also be because it is the colors they order the least quantity in…………I love it with gleaming WHITE as seen at the far left with the Ponte pencil skirt, or a more subdued combination with the new BEIGE CAPRI PONTE PANT, A351410…..or at the far right with the new ESPRESSO FLORAL CROP PANT……It is a top that can be worn all year, and will work with so many things you already own. It looks great with natural hemp linen or maybe you still have the natural Herringbone pants from years past…….Shop your closets….there will be endless possibilities of things you can pair with this Dk. Chocolate top……….New necklaces coming soon, at the left, are the SWIRL NECKLACE and EARRING set, worn with the PINEAPPLE PENDANT NECKLACE……..The color above is Antique GOLD with Honey. To the right I have paired the BLUE POMPEII NECKLACE and EARRING set with the Blue floral pant and Chocolate top………….Three fabulous ways to look with one beautiful top…………………………enjoy………………………Much Love…………………Louis

Respected Contributor

July 9, 2019

“THE BLACK TOP”
Filed under: From Louis — Louis Dell'Olio @ 7:53 AM

……………………..New BLACK TOPS are always so irresistible!…………You can not get more elegant, more sophisticated, more chic than the lady at the left……The new Black top over my new FLOWY WHITE PANTS, A356460, and the new……PARK AVENUE necklace and earring set, plus the matching bracelet [not shown]. This is what you want to wear at the Carlisle Hotel having drinks at BELMELMANS BAR…..This is an outfit you can wear anywhere, any time of year for any occasion!…………………For the more casual side of your life it looks great over everything else….from the black Floral crop pant to a pair of my white denim shorts, crops or jeans…This is not a top to pass…..This is a lifetime top to wear forever…………………..enjoy……………….much Love………………….Louis

Respected Contributor

Notice the new Swirl and Pineapple Necklaces on the Dark Chocoloate Top! I love those necklaces. He's showing it in Antique Gold and Amber, but it seems there will be other colors as well. Can't wait!

Respected Contributor

LOVE Moss Crepe!  The Dark Chocolate and the Black (of course) are a YES!

The new Jewellery shown with the Dark Chocolate Top is BEAUTIFUL!

Respected Contributor

@Seka wrote:

The Alabaster Moss Crepe Top  that you like is on sale for $29.96.

HERE

Respected Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

@Seka wrote:

The Alabaster Moss Crepe Top  that you like is on sale for $29.96.

HERE

Thank you @Maxine49!  How did I miss this Alabaster Top!  I love Louis’s Alabaster colour - just ordered it!