Honored Contributor

Sizing for The Big Deal Faux Suede Trench

I have the petite trench. I compared the "click here" measurements and they are very close. Since I haven't worn the trench since last season, I went out and put it on. I have plenty of room, so I went with my regular size.

I know a lot of you sized up. Did anyone stick with her regular size? 

Valued Contributor

Re: Sizing for The Big Deal Faux Suede Trench

beach-mom, I ordered the black and stayed with my normal size. I have learned the hard way not to order up in most of my Linea unless it’s a structured item with absolutely no stretch. I can’t recall now but I remember Louis saying we may need to size up in a few pieces in the past but don’t remember the items now. That is the only time I needed to. 

I have found with Louis being such a stickler on fit, he always allows room in  most of his jackets, coats and structured tops. I always get the best fit if I stay with my normal size. I find it fits and looks the best on me. 

I have so much Linea and I love the line and feel special wearing his line of clothing. 

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new trench in what ever color and size you get.  This will make number four for me. I already own the red and black in his long trench and olive green in the short one. I love them and look forward to my getting my new short black one. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom, @buddylou   -  I don't have any of Louis' coats, so thank you for asking about sizing.  I always look at the shoulder measurement.  If that fits, usually, everything fits just right for me.  One time I ordered up in a blouse, and it was too big, so I'm staying with my usual size on his coat.  I know some have mentioned sizing up, if wearing a bulky sweater, but I'd probably wear nothing heavier than Whisper Knit or a fine gauge sweater.  What color/s are you getting?  I'm getting Loden and Black.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@beach-mom, @buddylou   -  I don't have any of Louis' coats, so thank you for asking about sizing.  I always look at the shoulder measurement.  If that fits, usually, everything fits just right for me.  One time I ordered up in a blouse, and it was too big, so I'm staying with my usual size on his coat.  I know some have mentioned sizing up, if wearing a bulky sweater, but I'd probably wear nothing heavier than Whisper Knit or a fine gauge sweater.  What color/s are you getting?  I'm getting Loden and Black.

@IlliniGirl88 - Choosing a color was NOT easy for me! I would have been happy with any of them, but finally decided on the Loden and Espresso. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I ordered my regular size in the espresso after comparing chest measurements to the other Linea trench coats in my closet.

Respected Contributor

I ordered my normal size, same as I did last year in the long trench.  

Respected Contributor

I ordered my usual size.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone! I feel much better about my sizing decision! I'm not that busty, but I am hippy! Smiley Wink