Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping Errors From Linea Orders (Again!) Me Too

[ Edited ]

I think it depends on which CS rep we speak to & how insistent we are. I've gotten the wrong color or size sent in the past and called CS. Their default protocol is to wait for the item to be returned (which can take 7-10 days to get into their system) before shipping out the replacement. I usually mention how quickly Linea items sell out & the possibility that my chosen size or color will not be available once the item is returned. I also remind them that this was THEIR mistake and they need to make it right. Every single time I've asked, they send the item right away. I don't get pushy, but I do respectfully persist, and they agree, so CS must have discretion to override the QVC policy. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping Errors From Linea Orders (Again!)

Goldie, it's done by machine---there is no human picking the items and packaging them!  I believe the error is when the Indigo got loaded into the "bin", that's why we ask for a hand pick of the replacement to override the machine.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

I think it depends on which CS rep we speak to & how insistent we are. I've gotten the wrong color or size sent in the past and called CS. Their default protocol is to wait for the item to be returned (which can take 7-10 days to get into their system) before shipping out the replacement. I usually mention how quickly Linea items sell out & the possibility that my chosen size or color will not be available once the item is returned. I also remind them that this was THEIR mistake and they need to make it right. Every single time I've asked, they send the item right away. I don't get pushy, but I do respectfully persist, and they agree, so CS must have discretion to override the QVC policy. 

CS actually offered to send the ICE to me right away---I didn't even have to ask this time! And, she said don't send the Indigo back until I get the ICE as the ICE will have a Zero charge and therefore a Zero credit.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

An error for me today. 

I ordered both the Indigo and the Ice in the "Venetian Necklace Set."  A bag and a box appeared today; one had Indigo and the other had...  the Indigo.  

I believe that grabbing colors quickly, the fulfillment staff might be thinking the Indigo is Ice because the necklace is wrapped in bubble wrap and the black pouch.  Just a theory.  They need to be told that Ice has white and clear beads.

Love my Indigo, though!  Changed my mind from my earlier posts because of Louis's photos on his blog.

ETA:  Be the staff robotic or human, perhaps naming colors with "difficult" meanings poses a challenge.  Does everyone know what color "indigo" is?  Bet not.

For a quick grab, Ice and Indigo each begin with the letter "i."   Maybe that is part of the problem, too.  Ice might suggest icy blue (Indigo) to some minds. 

And Dill has the letter I in it! Ack!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

CS actually offered to send the ICE to me right away---I didn't even have to ask this time! And, she said don't send the Indigo back until I get the ICE as the ICE will have a Zero charge and therefore a Zero credit.

And I just spoke with C/S & requesting a ‘manual pull’ will guarantee me getting the correct color. But even insisting that since the dill has been returned (on its way back via their Smart Label)  doesn’t let them send out the correct one sooner. I was unable to convince C/S to get the Ice set sent out. 

Trusted Contributor

I also ordered 2 Linea skirts, and both were packaged showing a size Med, but when I tried them on they fell off me.  I looked at the tags and they were both size XL.

No clue of what is happening . But they were exchanged with no extra fee, but now the one color is sold out in my size.  Frustrating.

Regular Contributor

@Sassealassea wrote:

@JustJazzmom   Today I received an email confirmation on an exchange for a smaller size for two whisper knit sweaters one ivory and one sapphire.  When I looked at the order detail of what they were shipping it was two in same color of ivory.  Thankfully I saw the email fast enough so my call to customer caught it, but had I not then a shipping error.

I am not certain if it’s just Linea since I don’t buy much else from QVC anymore for a variety of reasons.  If I could find the Linea line elsewhere, I would shop elsewhere for sure.

UPDATE to above.  Based on my conversation with C.S I thought I had stopped an error in shipping two of same color but much to my surprise both exchanged sweaters did indeed ship in same color.  Rather than wait for the package to arrive next Monday I called C.S. And they agreed to express ship a sapphire that arrived overnight this morning.   I did promise to return one of the ivory when I receive next week.  Much time and effort on my part to correct not one but two of errors.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Stupid robots or unskilled programmers?

Related image

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m glad I started this thread & that (I hope) some people (buyers, Corporate or Jewelry Warehouse Supervisor) are reading this thread. 

Usually these threads turn into a ‘rage against the machine’, but it’s showing there is a pattern of errors in several warehouses, which should be addressed by those in charge. 

I hope all who got the incorrect item, or missed items, get them eventually.

Update on my Linea Leisure pants — my 2 missing (black & white) arrived yesterday.

Regular Contributor

I wonder if a simple addition to the item number adding an alpha suffix equating color or pattern would be a viable solution.  No need for interpretation of item color for  picking  if complete code for item/color is programmed in inventory system.  Might also help to solve oversell causing inability to fulfill all orders.

Could be I’m making it too simple?