Valued Contributor

Sheesh, You & Louis & Milano Knit Skirts

Sheesh,  Louis just confirmed what you mentioned; new WK skirts coming next spring in Milano knit. He mentioned Milano knit is the only stitch not see through in pale colors like Ivory. Colors in Milano knit skirts will be: Ivory, Perfectly Pink and Navy.

We're getting an Ivory WK skirt. Yeah!

Now I need to look at the Milano knit sweater/jackets again. Have Tangerine, Navy and White

Honored Contributor

Re: Sheesh, You & Louis & Milano Knit Skirts

Did he mention if they are pencil skirts right at the knee or in the longer length that once was here? Many are waiting for the perfectly pink in a WK skirt in the right length-- at the knee? I think?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I really need a navy WK skirt about 27" long. Hoping!
Valued Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Did he mention if they are pencil skirts right at the knee or in the longer length that once was here? Many are waiting for the perfectly pink in a WK skirt in the right length-- at the knee? I think?

No mention of length in his short reply. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed.

Valued Contributor

@HAPPY LADY wrote:

Sheesh,  Louis just confirmed what you mentioned; new WK skirts coming next spring in Milano knit. He mentioned Milano knit is the only stitch not see through in pale colors like Ivory. Colors in Milano knit skirts will be: Ivory, Perfectly Pink and Navy.

Now I need to look at the Milano knit sweater/jackets again. Have Tangerine, Navy and White

Do you mean the 3/4 sleeve sweater jacket? I boght the full-length sleeve one with zipper details on the cuff area (off eBay, new w/tags) but I don't care for the fit overall. The sleeves with zippers are uncomfortably stiff and far too long and the shoulders feel and seem a bit big.

Respected Contributor

He said the skirt is in WK which is a different yarn from the other sweaters for spring. They are in cotton blends. I assume the skirts will feel different from those sweaters.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarilynM wrote:

He said the skirt is in WK which is a different yarn from the other sweaters for spring. They are in cotton blends. I assume the skirts will feel different from those sweaters.

Yes, this is our first WK Milano Knit in any item. Louis is really expanding the different ways to use Whisper Knit yards. I am so happy we are getting a WK Ivory skirt and done in the Milano stitch is much more interesting.

Esteemed Contributor

That's awesome I hope they are long enough but not too long. The Milano knit skirts will make a nice suited look with the Milano sweater cardigans.
Respected Contributor

@HAPPY LADY wrote:

Thanks, HL, I just saw this.  I hope he does a new Milan Knit Jacket in Ivory and Perfectly Pink---heck, Navy, too, for a suit look---but I need 3/4 sleeves as I have short arms.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel