Honored Contributor

Re: Sharing about latest Linea purchases

I received the WK tanks in tobacco, pine green and plum and also the ponte pants in plum a few days ago.  I haven't tried anything on yet.  I bought the tobacco WK to go under a black jacket (I love black and brown together), the pine green I just liked the color and I wanted to how different the plum is from the port.  I don't know if it is my eyes but to me the plum tank and the plum pants seem to be different shades.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I received the WK tanks in tobacco, pine green and plum and also the ponte pants in plum a few days ago.  I haven't tried anything on yet.  I bought the tobacco WK to go under a black jacket (I love black and brown together), the pine green I just liked the color and I wanted to how different the plum is from the port.  I don't know if it is my eyes but to me the plum tank and the plum pants seem to be different shades.  

They might be because of how the dye was taken up by the different fabrics.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

@DiAnne @JustJazzmom  Yes the tank is a bit brighter, a touch less black, but still an almost perfect match to my eyes.

In case anyone else buys LL Bean pima cotton knit tops in addition to WKs, their current offering of Royal Plum is more red violet than the Linea Plum -- harmonizes just fine but not a match. 

Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@JustJazzmom
Thanks for your input.
A sapphire WK tank would be great. I think I have a blue WK tank but I don’t know if it’s sapphire. I need to find it.

++++++

Was it the Lapis WK tank from 2012-203 time frame? There was a Swing Cardigane to go with and a Sequined Skirt! It was from the Jewel Tone Collection--Ruby, Lapis, Malachite, etc.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

Wow. Ordered the BD cardi, tank & ponte pants all in plum on Tuesday. Shipped on Thursday. Out for delivery tomorrow (Saturday).

Nice job QVC. The warehouse must be back to full capacity. Fortunately for me the items did not ship from Ontario, CA- across the country. Will probably be too hot to try them on until next week. Sometimes I think things ship out more quickly toward the end of the month so as to bill right away to my Qcard.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered the BD cardigan in gray in both medium and large.  Either would have worked but I like the feel of the large better and will return the medium.  I also have the sleeveless TN in gray.  Love all of them!  The gray is so pretty.  It's a warm gray with just the slightest tinge of brown in it.  I have salt and pepper hair and brown eyes and it's great with my coloring.  These are classics!

Esteemed Contributor

So far I have received the WK midi skirt in plum and the plum bootcut pants.  I knew I would love them since in already own the skirt in dark forest green and black and the boot cut pants in dark forest green and caramel.  The plum and caramel cardigans are on the way.  The plum TN has not shipped yet.  I was concerned the plum may be close to the older blackberry pieces but I think the plum is brighter.  Can't compare because they are packed away for the season.

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I have always liked the option of either wearing a blouse buttoned or opened. 
If you have doubts send it back. 

I so wish that there was a WK tank in that sapphire color so it could be worn under that new blue bayou striped kimono. 

JJM, there was a Lapis Tank from 2012- when Louis did the Jeweltone Collection--do you have it? Will it work? I have it and the Blue Bayou Kimono, but I haven't dug out the Lapis tank yet---I need a road map to find it!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I have always liked the option of either wearing a blouse buttoned or opened. 
If you have doubts send it back. 

I so wish that there was a WK tank in that sapphire color so it could be worn under that new blue bayou striped kimono. 

JJM, there was a Lapis Tank from 2012- when Louis did the Jeweltone Collection--do you have it? Will it work? I have it and the Blue Bayou Kimono, but I haven't dug out the Lapis tank yet---I need a road map to find it!

I found A237404 in among other WK tanks I have. I have to look in sunlight against the kimono but I think it is brighter blue than what Louis is calling 'sapphire' Even the pants (A265615) look off with that lapis tank in incandescent lighting to my eyes.The pants work with the kimono as the blues are similar.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼