Respected Contributor

Re: Seed Bead necklaces arrived today!

@rochelleS wrote:

Ahhh, @GraceCO isn't it nice when we receive our packages a bit early...especially these lovely necklaces!  I feel like I'm related to the Lime. I did so much grandstanding about the color that she's taken on the warm adoration of a favorite niece or god child. Needless to say, I'm beaming, shamelessly, at your pleasure with this color. And, yes they are all beautiful...meant for all to wear and enjoy in the best of health and happiness.

BTW, rec'd the Aqua Mist stand collar tunic today and it plays beautifully with the Lime. Very tonal, very, very pretty together. 

@rochelleS

It's a rare treat to get a package from QVC early--I'm usually on their 10-14 day wagon train delivery route Smiley Wink

I am pleased with all my seed bead beauties and plan to trot one out today for lunch with a friend. Putting the outfit together will be fun.

Glad you got your aqua mist tunic! Hadn't thought of putting the lime necklace with it, but that sounds like a pretty combination. Maybe I'll wear mine today over the alabaster pants...I think we're all having way too much fun with our new jewelry. But, it's a welcome distraction from the real world issues that I appreciate Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

It is fun to read the rave reviews as you each receive your seed bead necklaces in the various colors.  I ordered the black/gunmetal/gold on check hold before the show and then on impulse I ordered the lime during the Linea show and changed the black to credit card. Both shipped today. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1jac wrote:

I wore my black seed bead necklace for the first time at a wedding yesterday. I wore it with the LDO black gauze  v neck sleeveless dress and some drop dead gorgeous earrings I bought in Paris last month. ( just saying). Because it was cold and rainy in Virginia, I topped it off with an EF long cardigan (it had no buttons). Now I am giving you all the details because I had a strange, unexpected experience with the necklace. I wore it doubled. I am petite ( 5 ft 1 in) too short to wear it long. During the course of the evening, I felt the necklace getting tighter around my neck. When I went to the ladies room, it had separated , like stairway steps and the individual strands were nearly choking my neck, I couldn't believe it. I had to untangle myself, it wasn't easy, finally able to unclasp it and take it off. I tried again, and wore it doubled again. I found myself pulling on the necklace during the evening to make sure it remained only doubled. Yet looking at photos taken later, I saw a strand had again creeped up and separated from the rest. Now, I am hoping that the reason for all of this may be due to the long cardigan rubbing against my neck and separating the strands as I moved. . I hope I'm making sense in this description. I have two more necklaces coming and I just hope this was a fluke. Has anyone else experienced the necklace moving?

I had this happen with the black one also and I only had it on for a few minutes.  I think the problem is all the beads are the same size and for some reason they are slipping.  

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@1jac wrote:

I wore my black seed bead necklace for the first time at a wedding yesterday. I wore it with the LDO black gauze  v neck sleeveless dress and some drop dead gorgeous earrings I bought in Paris last month. ( just saying). Because it was cold and rainy in Virginia, I topped it off with an EF long cardigan (it had no buttons). Now I am giving you all the details because I had a strange, unexpected experience with the necklace. I wore it doubled. I am petite ( 5 ft 1 in) too short to wear it long. During the course of the evening, I felt the necklace getting tighter around my neck. When I went to the ladies room, it had separated , like stairway steps and the individual strands were nearly choking my neck, I couldn't believe it. I had to untangle myself, it wasn't easy, finally able to unclasp it and take it off. I tried again, and wore it doubled again. I found myself pulling on the necklace during the evening to make sure it remained only doubled. Yet looking at photos taken later, I saw a strand had again creeped up and separated from the rest. Now, I am hoping that the reason for all of this may be due to the long cardigan rubbing against my neck and separating the strands as I moved. . I hope I'm making sense in this description. I have two more necklaces coming and I just hope this was a fluke. Has anyone else experienced the necklace moving?

I had this happen with the black one also and I only had it on for a few minutes.  I think the problem is all the beads are the same size and for some reason they are slipping.  

Have to say same thing happened to me when I tried on the black and doubled it up. Choked me in a very short time. I'm waiting for the Aztec beads to show up and see how I like them and then take another go at the seed beads.

Right now, pretty as the seed beads are, they might not work for me. But I'm going to wait a bit and try them on again w/ a few more of my 'outfits' and see if I can wear them long.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357

I am pondering whether to return or not.  I am also wondering if this order is any different from the last order because I don't remember reading any complaints about the necklace slipping.  I definitely do not want to wear it long.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne wrote:

@kate2357

I am pondering whether to return or not.  I am also wondering if this order is any different from the last order because I don't remember reading any complaints about the necklace slipping.  I definitely do not want to wear it

I received the aqua and lime yesterday, but have not given them a "test run" yet. Do either of you have other colors? If it happens again, I Will return them. If anyone else has had this issue, please come forward and tell us your experience.

Esteemed Contributor

@1jac wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@kate2357

I am pondering whether to return or not.  I am also wondering if this order is any different from the last order because I don't remember reading any complaints about the necklace slipping.  I definitely do not want to wear it

I received the aqua and lime yesterday, but have not given them a "test run" yet. Do either of you have other colors? If it happens again, I Will return them. If anyone else has had this issue, please come forward and tell us your experience.

I have both the black and aqua. I did not try the aqua yet. I took them out and looked at them, they're very pretty. But I wanted to be able to return in pristine condition if I can't wear them doubled up w/o choking. It may well just be wearing them w/ in a collared neckline is the issue .. I don't know. Will play this weekend.

Please no one misunderstand ... they are beautiful and I want them to work for me.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moto wrote:

@1jac wrote:

During the course of the evening, I felt the necklace getting tighter around my neck. When I went to the ladies room, it had separated , like stairway steps and the individual strands were nearly choking my neck, I

Has anyone else experienced the necklace moving?

@1jac, haven't received mine yet, but if this becomes an issue for you, take a look at necklace shorteners. I bought one at one of those in home jewelry parties (Premier), but they are easily found on Amazon. It is a clip that lets you gather long necklaces and the claim is it prevents exactly what you described - the contstant adjusting of a doubled necklace.

How would this work on our seed bead necklaces?

Honored Contributor

I just ordered one of the necklace shorteners on Amazon.  As soon as it arrives (I don't have Prime) I will see if that helps before I return it. 

Respected Contributor

I received my lime today and it does not disappoint! I now know why you all raved about it. It does look rich, not costumey, better in person than online. I like the translucency of the peridot-like beads. While I think I would've loved the aqua or tangerine too and the pop of color they would've provided, the lime will provide a different more subtle wow to an outfit. I am secretly still lemming the tangerine especially, but since I couldn't afford to get all of them, I will enjoy the two I have and hope that maybe they or something similar will come back next year. Thanks to those that pushed me over the edge. Smiley Happy