Valued Contributor

Re: Seed Bead necklaces arrived today!

[ Edited ]

@moto, I use the same gizmo when I double wrap a necklace. I even use a smaller one when I wear Louis' pearls doubled. I find all necklaces do that on me unless I'm wearing a collar. I'm told it's because the weight of the longer loop pulls down on the shorter loop and continues to gain momentum as the shorter one wraps closer to neck. Like a pendulum's balance. That ring clasp is an effective, affordable solution. Necklace adaptors/shorteners come in a variety of sizes and shapes - oval, round, figure S. First time I saw one I thought they couldn't possibly work. But they do. I don't know if it's permitted to add a link to another site here, so I say to search Amazon or any jewelry/craft supply site with the key words:  necklace shortener clasp.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

Happy to hear all the good reviews on the lime necklace, because I was thinking I might not need it after ordering it and the black & turquoise. But thanks to you wonderful ladies, @rochelleS and @golding76, I'm expecting I will love it and won't want to part with it. Smiley Happy

@GraceCO I cannot wait to hear your comments on the Lime necklace! No need to wax poetic anymore, just waiting to enjoy the feedback as you and everyone else receives their necklaces.

Question. .. was it you who asked Louis about wearing two cuffs?  

@rochelleS

Yes, it was me. I've seen the double cuffs in photos of Diana Vreeland, Coco Chanel & Jackie Kennedy and it's such an elegant look. I just couldn't tell how dated it was--things go in and out of style so often-- so I asked the master himself for an opinion & Louis said to absolutely go for it. So, I ordered doubles in the gold & silver.

Are you mulling it over? Maybe he'll style one of the models that way tomorrow...

And, I should get my necklaces this Wednesday!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GraceCO wrote:

Question. .. was it you who asked Louis about wearing two cuffs?  

@rochelleS

Yes, it was me. I've seen the double cuffs in photos of Diana Vreeland, Coco Chanel & Jackie Kennedy and it's such an elegant look. I just couldn't tell how dated it was--things go in and out of style so often-- so I asked the master himself for an opinion & Louis said to absolutely go for it. So, I ordered doubles in the gold & silver.

Are you mulling it over? Maybe he'll style one of the models that way tomorrow...

And, I should get my necklaces this Wednesday!

@GraceCO I love and appreciate the look. Yet being so short I can't help but wonder if I'd look shackled. It's you tall gals that carry this so well. I even  have to be careful of not going too wide with a cuff(s). Yet, I can stack bangles just fine, go figure. But too much solid on my wrists seems to throw me off. I just haven't gotten there yet. Mine are still in process. In my head, the new long asymmetrical PC dress with each arm cuffed would, could be super smart. I'll pull out some moxie and play with my jools here. Just as long as I don't look like I'm wearing wrist weights, shiny, albeit....heehee

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS

You are TOO funny! You have me LOLing. You have a great sense of humor! I also agree with you that the double cuffs won't work for everyone. I think even someone tall with short arms may have a problem with it. I don't even know if my arms can handle it! That visual of being "shackled" may stay with me for awhile.LOL Not a look I'm going for Smiley Wink

I think your suggestion of wearing the double cuffs with the new dress is the best bet. I don't think Louis is showing it tho until May.

Super Contributor

Seka wrote: Well Goldie76 - I will let u know if I become a "FOURfer" - Jac mentioned on her FB Post that the Seedbead Necklace will be featured during their 10:00 a.m. Show tomorrow - and I think that once this re-order sells out there will be no more.  And - YES - the Lime does look sublime!

Reorders are tricky and you never know if this necklaces will be reordered or if the price will go up. I wish I could hold the different colors and decide which one (s) I liked. I think I might order the lime and then put it next to the aqua (which is coming tomorrow). I could send one back if my credit card bill screamed too loud.

I really want pieces that I will wear often.

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

@rochelleS

You are TOO funny! You have me LOLing. You have a great sense of humor! I also agree with you that the double cuffs won't work for everyone. I think even someone tall with short arms may have a problem with it. I don't even know if my arms can handle it! That visual of being "shackled" may stay with me for awhile.LOL Not a look I'm going for Smiley Wink

I think your suggestion of wearing the double cuffs with the new dress is the best bet. I don't think Louis is showing it tho until May.

Yes, two cuffs is very gladiator chic.  Throw on some gladiator sandals---and your chariot awaits! I can't do the two wide cuffs, or even one very wide cuff---draws attention to my short arms--1-1/2 inches is as far as I can go and get a good look.  Enjoy!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GraceCO

jurls??? No, 'posed to be jools. I fixed it. Silly keyboard, silly me. Glad I got you laughing.  My sense of humor usually broadly sweeps in from the left. When I'm nervous or scared (think scary Dr stuff) I'm a stand up comedian. Total nervous reaction. Ahhh, beats hanging out in the head. Ya think! (My bad)

@Sekajust posted the dwindling gold quanity and put one on check. Hopefully mine will ship pronto so I won't have hold it too long.

All I can say is who better to be shackled by than a Linea cuff🔒

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS@GraceCO

I've succumbed to a third necklace, roped in by the beauty of the first two! Tangerine is coming home soon...

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't read this entire thread but wanted to opine that I have black, lime, blue ( just ordered coral) and of them all, the lime is my favorite. It looks exactly like the loveliest peridot and the color goes with everything. I wore it this past winter with all the rich pinks that were in style as well lots of chocolate browns. 

I reach for that one even more often than the black!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

1jac, just as I was ready to leave the house earlier today, I read your very concerning post.  Only now did I return.  I wanted to respond to your question, so here goes.   In fear and with a low voice I must say that I am upset that something might go wrong with my Black Seed Bead Necklace, too.  As for my other two Seed Bead Necklaces, I wore them only two times each last summer because of the excessive heat, a need to change necklaces for variety's sake  and the absence of suitable occasions.  Nothing bad happened, but then again, I wasn't out all day as you were yesterday.

So sorry my Virginia gave you a chilly welcome yesterday.  We had showers all day, and I know the air was cool.

Now, to the Black necklace.  You can pooh-pooh my first idea, but as a fellow American of Greek descent, I am sure you are familiar with "the mati," the "Evil Eye."  As my late husband used to remind me, you can get the "bad eye" from admirers as well as from those who are deliriously jealous of you.  The description of your outfit rang the top bell on my fashion meter.  You must have looked absolutely gorgeous!  So, maybe you got "the mati" yesterday.  

I am sorry you had this disappointing experience.  You must have looked fabulous, though.

Sweeping aside all superstition, maybe there was something faulty with how the necklace was strung together.  Did the strands come out of that large gold collection point?  How did the necklace look when it decided to go rogue?

My Black is now going through a trial run.  I am wearing it at this moment to see how it holds up.  When I love a piece of jewelry, I want it to last as long as I want it.  I hope everyone's necklace(s) is a survivor.