Esteemed Contributor

Re: Seed Bead necklaces arrived today!

@golding76 wrote:

morewineplease, would it help if I write that -- to my eye -- the Lime looks "RICHER" than the Aqua and Tangerine?  I admit I did not buy the Tangerine, so I am judging fron the photo and on-air time. Of course, as we all must agree, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but for me, the Lime has the richest look of the three brighter shades offered in this necklace.

@golding76 You are 100% correct saying the Lime looks RICHER!!!

In my opinion the Black and Lime both have more depth and are different than the other two. Is it the translucency and the tri color that separates these two? I have to say yes. Emphatically so. I almost want to say these look less costume-y than the brights. Definitely richer, is a proper assessment to my eye. Not too diminish the turquoise or tangerine colors, yet there is a different vibe.

Esteemed Contributor

@Seka You will not be disappointed! 

@Seka wrote:

@golding76 @crazycockermom  - I am definitely no expert on describing Jewellery or Fashion.  I have the Tangerine Necklace and the Black.  I ordered the Turquoise Aqua this week.  The only one I have not ordered is the Lime.  Have been reading the discussions.  Went back to the Blog to look at the photos.  

To me - the difference is that the three Necklaces - Tangerine, Black and Turquoise are made with opaque beads.  The Lime is the only one with translucent glass beads.  So I can understand why the Lime 'looks' different.

.......so now I am thinking about the Lime.  

Esteemed Contributor

@anniebethsmom wrote:

All I can say is WOW!

I was doing some house cleaning today and my mind wandered to the necklaces. I was hoping for a Monday delivery. I decided to take a short break, walked out to get the mail and there they were! I hustled back into the house, tore the box open and immediately put the black one on. I walked back into the great room where my husband had just come from outside and said, "Very pretty, but aren't you a little over dressed?!" Men!

They are stunning...

@anniebethsmom 

What other colors did you get?

Esteemed Contributor

@anniebethsmom wrote:

@GraceCO Black and turquoise- and I'm still on the fence regarding the orange! I know I better make a decision before they're all gone!

@anniebethsmom 

Oops, I missed your reply. 'Cuse my asking in the other post

Honored Contributor

You nailed it again, rochelleS.  The Black and the Lime look "less costumey" than the remaining two.  That's it!  That's the dif between those two (the Lime and the Black) and the Aqua and Tangerine. 

Respected Contributor

No more convincing needed ladies. I ordered the lime. Thanks so much for your comments!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom wrote:

@rochelle
Thank you again for your input. I am touched you've been thinking about what necklace might suit me best! I hope I don't sound like a nutcase, lol. I just hate buying something and then having it sit in a drawer because it wasn't for me, so I tend to overthink things sometimes. If the necklace was half the price (not saying it's overpriced) I wouldn't be having such a hard time with this.

I just canceled my tangerine necklace. It was still in process so I did it while I could so I could think about it. Necklace is still on easy pay so I will ponder this some more. I understand about what you're saying, how the lime is more subtle. Yet part of me thinks the tangerine would be a nice pop against something blah. But do I have the courage to actually wear it or would it be out of my comfort zone? Lol. I hope I don't make myself out to be boring, lol. Hey, I did ride on he back of a Harley way back when, which happened to be orange. Haha. So I'm not that conservative. Smiley Wink

I truly appreciate your input. I will report back. Smiley Happy

Oh, and thanks for the birthday wishes. Do I remember reading in one of the many threads that it was your birthday too recently? If so, are you an Aries or a Taurus?

@crazycockermom take a look at a276280 video of the crepe gauze jacket. The Lime is showcased beautifully. The video of the WK tank tunic has Maria wearing the Lime but no closeups.

I would check hold whatever colors you are pondering. This will give you a minute to breathe and decide. Just be mindful of the dreaded backorder ...

You're not a nutcase. This is a big decision. BTW I've started to poke around on line looking at other seed bead pieces. Have not seen anything like this at all. In fact Louis even said that too. There's lower price points but nothing 53" long so far as I've seen. And nothing with the same substance and Linea flair we all love. Geez, go to a local shopping area and check out the costume jewelry. You'll probably find some bright red or orange colors to play with.  Even try, tie a reddish or bright orange scarf around your neck to get an idea of this shade on you. What color is your hair?

I was a passenger on a Honda Goldwing motorcycle years back. Took a trip from Palm Springs CA to Phoenix then back thru the mnts and up via San Diego. Amazing trip. Very memorable. Very comfortable ride too.

I'm an Aries, April 2nd.

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

You nailed it again, rochelleS.  The Black and the Lime look "less costumey" than the remaining two.  That's it!  That's the dif between those two (the Lime and the Black) and the Aqua and Tangerine. 

@golding76 We have a little symbiotic thing going on here! I would love to meet you for a day full of good fun, and a wee bit of trouble. Wink wink

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
No more convincing needed ladies. I ordered the lime. Thanks so much for your comments!!!

@crazycockermom

STANDING OVATION 👏👏👏 AND THUMBS UP TO YOU!! 👍👍

Congratulations, my dear. I was typing when you posted. Yay! I am soooo happy for you. YayYayYay!!!!!!♡♡♡♡

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS I am still torn on whether to get the remaining lime and tangerine. I really, really don't need all four... I do however love the pop that these two colors have against navy. I joking say say when I tire of black, I switch to navy! The two that arrived are truly special. I will probably cave- I'm a sucker for bright shiny objects! If I don't by Monday morning's show, LDO will tip me over the edge!