Respected Contributor

Re: Seed Bead necklaces arrived today!

@golding76
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I enjoy reading everyone's opinions. It is especially helpful when, as in this case, you have the item in your hands and I am basing my decision based on pics. I am taking your word that the lime is more beautiful than in pics, as we all know, that can happen a lot. Ugh. Do I try to change my tangerine to lime or just get the lime? Darn it. I'll have to think about it. Would've been an easy decision if Louis didn't have so many other items I wanted this time around.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

morewineplease, would it help if I write that -- to my eye -- the Lime looks "RICHER" than the Aqua and Tangerine?  I admit I did not buy the Tangerine, so I am judging fron the photo and on-air time. Of course, as we all must agree, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but for me, the Lime has the richest look of the three brighter shades offered in this necklace.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76 @crazycockermom  - I am definitely no expert on describing Jewellery or Fashion.  I have the Tangerine Necklace and the Black.  I ordered the Turquoise Aqua this week.  The only one I have not ordered is the Lime.  Have been reading the discussions.  Went back to the Blog to look at the photos.  

To me - the difference is that the three Necklaces - Tangerine, Black and Turquoise are made with opaque beads.  The Lime is the only one with translucent glass beads.  So I can understand why the Lime 'looks' different.

.......so now I am thinking about the Lime.  

Respected Contributor

@golding76
Yes that does help. Thank you!

@Seka
Lol at now you're thinking about the lime!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom wrote:
@rochelleS
Stop enabling!!!! Smiley Wink

As you know, first I ordered the black. Then I only ordered the tangerine because I was initially leaning towards the aqua (maybe it's because my birthstone is aquamarine), but you and Goldie kept swaying me towards the lime, lol) and I couldn't choose. Now I'm having to rethink everything again. I just don't need four or even three of these. Or will I wear them more than I think....

@crazycockermom I'm glad you're following this thread, because I've been actually thinking about you, truly. 

Wherein our previous chats your expresseing the comfort dressing more conservatively and the somewhat difficulty in feeling comfortable outside of this 'box.' The softer presence of the Lime necklace could very well prove to be an easier transition that may be more 'wearable' for your comfort and lifestyle. The color tempers the boldness, or presence of the piece compared to the tangerine which is bright, bold and really pops with a different look. Same for the aqua. Yet we're more familiar with turquoise/aqua color as it's ready availability has been around in every format. Will you be comfortable and reach for bright? It may be just the color that will awaken your creativity. Or will you love it while it sits in the jewelry box? These are investment pieces, for me at least, and ultimately want to comfortably incorporate wearing them with my wardrobe and life style.

I've had a gut feeling this Lime, in it's subtlety, softness and elegant but wearable presence may very well suit you based on all you have shared. This is what has been on my mind.

Enabling...yes, sort of but in an honorable way. If only to help in the best cyber way possible, aiding a decision. 

@golding76 please weigh in with your thoughts. Having owned Lime for a year, your input is invaluable♡.

BTW, Happy belated Birthday too.

Honored Contributor

Seka, could you become the first Seed Bead Necklace "FOURfer" that I know of?  If you go that direction, congrats!  Really, you cannot go wrong with any of the necklaces.

The Lime is beautiful.  I can't resist writing this, Seka, but "the Lime is sublime."   

Super Contributor

I don't believe that the lime has gotten as much air time as the others. There are three posting (there could be more) that show the lime necklace: Crinkle Georgette Shirt w/ Shell in lime, Crepe Gauze Zip-Up Jacket in fern, and Whisper Knit Full Needle Tunic Tank in ivory worn by Maria. I think that the Ivory tunic tank shows it off best. I don't wear a lot of green, so the lime georgette skirt and the fern jacket aren't for me. When you don't care for a color, you tend to discount the whole look. But it looks beautiful on the ivory and would love to see it on navy. Maybe Louis will show it on the navy tops tomorrow. I wish I had considered it more before I ordered my necklaces. There always hope for next year.

Honored Contributor

rochelleS, to answer your question about how I see the two necklaces that I have owned for nearly a year (the Lime and the Aqua), I have found that the Lime is the one I go to more often to enhance white summer clothing.  Although someone had suggested wearing it with navy (I think I remember that), I never had the urge to do that.  I have some other print tops that I like wearing it with as well as my khakis and olives.  The Aqua, on the other hand, is the one I have worn with not only white clothing, but also my reds.

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Seka, could you become the first Seed Bead Necklace "FOURfer" that I know of?  If you go that direction, congrats!  Really, you cannot go wrong with any of the necklaces.

The Lime is beautiful.  I can't resist writing this, Seka, but "the Lime is sublime."   

Well Goldie76 - I will let u know if I become a "FOURfer" - Jac mentioned on her FB Post that the Seedbead Necklace will be featured during their 10:00 a.m. Show tomorrow - and I think that once this re-order sells out there will be no more.  

And - YES - the Lime does look sublime!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelle
Thank you again for your input. I am touched you've been thinking about what necklace might suit me best! I hope I don't sound like a nutcase, lol. I just hate buying something and then having it sit in a drawer because it wasn't for me, so I tend to overthink things sometimes. If the necklace was half the price (not saying it's overpriced) I wouldn't be having such a hard time with this.

I just canceled my tangerine necklace. It was still in process so I did it while I could so I could think about it. Necklace is still on easy pay so I will ponder this some more. I understand about what you're saying, how the lime is more subtle. Yet part of me thinks the tangerine would be a nice pop against something blah. But do I have the courage to actually wear it or would it be out of my comfort zone? Lol. I hope I don't make myself out to be boring, lol. Hey, I did ride on he back of a Harley way back when, which happened to be orange. Haha. So I'm not that conservative. Smiley Wink

I truly appreciate your input. I will report back. Smiley Happy

Oh, and thanks for the birthday wishes. Do I remember reading in one of the many threads that it was your birthday too recently? If so, are you an Aries or a Taurus?