Honored Contributor

Re: Scarlet Red "Yeah, Baby" 2.0

[ Edited ]

@vickybliss wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@crazycockermom

Hey! You are so welcome. Just have fun choosing accessories. Don't let it become a chore. Here's a piece that could work if you like it...just opened the pkg and it's stunning. On sale, 49+ with ez pays. I bot it for 39 and change last Saturday. Ask CS for that price, they'll honor it for 30 days. It's not overwhelming, fits the neckline beautifully, exceptional quality. My Orthodox Jewish Grandfather probably just turned over in his grave but this unusual gorgeous beauty is a keeper for me.

Rochelle,
I called CS and they said they had no record of the Fluted Bead Cross Necklace being on sale for $39. Can you give me more information about the time and nature of the sale? I assume last Saturday was the 27th but she asked me which show it was or what sale it was? Thanks for helping.

It was the 27th because QPrincess started a thread here about the price reduction. The price is back up to $10 more now!

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Linea-by-Louis-Dell-Olio/Cross-Necklace-this-morning-reduced-again-to-39...

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Thanks to all who explained the difference in red tones and gave information on the scarlet red.  I probably "have" to order the jacket.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Waited too long.  The scarlet red is gone in my size.  At least I'm getting the navy this week.  Hope the scarlet comes back as well as other new colors.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vickybliss@JustJazzmom

I ordered the necklace on Aug 27th, releasing it from check hold status. It was 49+, afterwards for some reason I immediately clicked on the item and saw an additional $10  reduction, now at $39.46 and promptly called CS for a price adjustment, which was done. Rec'd it yesterday and my total was 46.00 with shipping and tax. The 22nd had a 4 ez pays flash sale for 4 or 5 hours ending at 1 or 2 pm. Hope this helps!

Super Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@vickybliss@JustJazzmom

I ordered the necklace on Aug 27th, releasing it from check hold status. It was 49+, afterwards for some reason I immediately clicked on the item and saw an additional $10  reduction, now at $39.46 and promptly called CS for a price adjustment, which was done. Rec'd it yesterday and my total was 46.00 with shipping and tax. The 22nd had a 4 ez pays flash sale for 4 or 5 hours ending at 1 or 2 pm. Hope this helps!

Success! The first CS person an hour ago was no help, thus my SOS. I just called with your information in hand and got my necklace for $39.49. This is a first for me: to have them to honor a week old sale price on a new order. I dIdn't know you could do that. I don't know how many times I have missed a sale, but never thought to call. I also got ez pay. Thanks for the help.

Back to preparing for the storm at the jersey shore. 

Esteemed Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@vickybliss@JustJazzmom

I ordered the necklace on Aug 27th, releasing it from check hold status. It was 49+, afterwards for some reason I immediately clicked on the item and saw an additional $10 reduction, now at $39.46 and promptly called CS for a price adjustment, which was done. Rec'd it yesterday and my total was 46.00 with shipping and tax. The 22nd had a 4 ez pay flash sale for 4 or 5 hours ending at 1 or 2 pm. Hope this helps!

OOPS!  Ladies  NOTE!

I've edited my above reply to reflect the actual date I ordered the necklace at $39.46, which WAS Aug 27th. I had originally placed it on check hold on the 22nd and released it on the 27th. It took me a minute to realize this when looking at my order status.

My apologies for the error and any confusion this may have created. Price adjustments with CS are honored for 30 days.

Respected Contributor

I did it, I caved and ordered the swing cardi in Scarlet.  It is way out of normal for me, but I think if I am ever going to do this it is now, the perfect style, and the color looks gorgeous.  I trust everyone's reviews that this is indeed a fabulous color!  And 3 EZ pays, well ok! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beccaboone2 wrote:

I am a bit confused.  I thought Louis had mentioned that scarlet is on the side of blue red?  I am thinking about the cardigan but I WANT a blue red.  To anyone with ruby pieces - does the scarlet have more or less blue than the ruby?

A couple of years ago Louis did a zip up blazer, round neckline in his wonderful ponte - it came in red, gray, blue I believe.  Does anyone have that jacket in red to compare with the scarlet?  I recall that red jacket was described as a true red, no orange or blue undertones, and I found it a tad too orange-y for me.  

I love red, but I am very particular about what color red I wear.  I am very fair , blonde, green eyes with distinct pink undertones, and have to have blue-based reds.  Thanks to anyone who can clarify for me! Smiley Happy

@Beccaboone2

I pulled the red jacket you mentioned, a251680 and compared the colors. Firstly, two different fabrics. Dye or colors can be slightly altered between Ponte and whisper knit items. Even though they may be called the same color. Louis has often mentioned this. That being, the scarlet is smidges, maybe two or three smidges bluer than the clear red of the ponte jacket. To me Scarlet does not scream blue-red in hand. It's a little darker and definately richer in depth.

There is absolutely no orange undertone in the Scarlet. 

I've attempted to photograph with my phone to no avail. The camera is not picking up the two shades.Perhaps the morning light will be better.

Hopefully someone else with both garments will chime in and offer their thoughts too.

Super Contributor

@rochelleS - THANK YOU so much for taking the time to compare them.  I appreciate it and from your description I think the scarlet will be what I am hoping it is! Off to order the swing cardi....Thanks again!

Esteemed Contributor

@Beccaboone2

You are soooo very welcome!

I'm excited for you and everyone else who has ordered this gorgeous color.

Please come back and share your thoughts when you receive this sweater. Without a doubt, it will be fabulous on you♡