Esteemed Contributor

Scarlet Red "Yeah, Baby" 2.0

[ Edited ]

@gardensla I'm cloning your ever so fabulous reaction to the LDO camel trench coat. Kudos to you.

It is so apropos, and fitting to my feelings on this new fall color.

I read and watched the various reviews coming in with baited breath and a curious beating heart. I ordered the T Neck and gasped in utter delight when opening the package. Calling all my friends, gushing, stuttering my joy in just holding this new color TN. A Love at first sight... ahhh. I too, love reds. Always have, always will. I quickly ordered the v neck swing cardi (A267864) and received it today. Wow, wow, wow. This is one classy color which is so smart and sofisticated and rich in the swing cardi. Don't think of this as only a holiday time garment. As soon as sweater weather arrives this color will carry throughout the season. Dress it up or dress it down. If you love and wear reds, this is one that will garner attention and compliments galore. A scene stealer, crowd pleaser that is like wearing your own personal holiday! 

Many have commented their delight in the Scarlet Red quilted jacket. Well, I am equally pleased with both of my Scarlet Red Whisper Knit sweaters! UmUmUmmm!

Looking forward to future items in this oh so special color! 

Anyone else order this beauty? What are your thoughts please! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Scarlet Red "Yeah, Baby" 2.0

[ Edited ]

aaand...In succumbing more into my red love, I've ordered a long time resident of my wish list, the red Kate shirt! Every Cowgirl needs a Red shirt, wink! Looking forward to her arrival. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear Rochelle, I agree with you all the way. The new scarlet red is beautiful. I also have the TN and swing cardigan and just received the quilted jacket. I hope he does another sweater in this red, and I am on line for the red WK skirt whenever it shows up. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just received the scarlet red quilted jacket and it is a beauty I can't write a review because I already did for the black when it was first presented and then I was able to get the alabaster soon after.  I wore both the black and alabaster a lot.

I so love his swing sweater as well I already have the alabaster, taupe and heather grey but the scalet red is calling me as well.  I can't wait for the scarlet red WK skirt.

Respected Contributor

Ladies, I want this red color - it looks beautiful! But, I don't wear a lot of reds. It's a tricky color for me. I'm fair with warm undertones. Medium blonde hair with strawberry undertones. Does anyone that has and loves this red have similar coloring?

I have the swing cardigan in marine blue, grey, black, alabaster and taupe. I need another like a hole in the head but I love this sweater so much. Easy dressing and perfect weight for Florida. So I'm eyeing the red or dark umber next...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom I really cannot advise you as my coloring is different than yours. Sheesh shared a good tip in her review of the LL Leisure Lace up Hoodie Grey. See post #7. It may be doable to wear a flattering color near your face as she mentioned. Take a look.

I hope something will work for you. The red is just so fabulous. I l like the depth and richness of the new umber color too.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate your input. I probably wouldn't wear anything under the swing sweater besides a tank or tee since I'm in Florida. I bet a white or black turtleneck would work similar to what Sheesh suggested, but I rarely get to wear a turtleneck here.

I may cave and get the scarlet to see how it looks and get the dark umber too. It's just so easy to throw on with jeans and a pair of boots and look pulled together.

Thanks again!
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom

What about jewelry?  Tons of options. Gold, silver, gunmetal or a bronze color, or a multi metal piece or two. Even a toursade of some kind. Tons of choices to break the color against your face. Even something lower to frame the V neckline. The right earrings would draw the eye up or something in your hair too. A hat would work too. Lots of avenues to explore...I think I sound like my mother, ha.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom wrote:
Ladies, I want this red color - it looks beautiful! But, I don't wear a lot of reds. It's a tricky color for me. I'm fair with warm undertones. Medium blonde hair with strawberry undertones. Does anyone that has and loves this red have similar coloring?

Dye your hair Brunette!  Just joking! If you got the Swing Cardigan, you could wear something under it up near your face in a color that works best for you---if you don't like the Scarlet near your face.  I'm assuming Ivory works well with your coloring.  Did you get the new Ivory/White T-neck? Finally, if the Scarlet tops don't work for you, you could always get the new Scarlet Skirt and wear it with Navy pieces on top.....

P.S.  Ooops, I just saw that you live in Florida and T-necks are out.  So, why not a torsade necklace of some sort up near your face in a color that works with you---and the Scarlet---it then becomes the focal point.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@crazycockermom

What about jewelry?  Tons of options. Gold, silver, gunmetal or a bronze color, or a multi metal piece or two. Even a toursade of some kind. Tons of choices to break the color against your face. Even something lower to frame the V neckline. The right earrings would draw the eye up or something in your hair too. A hat would work too. Lots of avenues to explore...I think I sound like my mother, ha.

LOL, I said the samething to morewineplease before I saw your post---apparently great minds think a like!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel