Esteemed Contributor

Re: Scarlet Red "Yeah, Baby" 2.0

@crazycockermom

Hey! You are so welcome. Just have fun choosing accessories. Don't let it become a chore. Here's a piece that could work if you like it...just opened the pkg and it's stunning. On sale, 49+ with ez pays. I bot it for 39 and change last Saturday. Ask CS for that price, they'll honor it for 30 days. It's not overwhelming, fits the neckline beautifully, exceptional quality. My Orthodox Jewish Grandfather probably just turned over in his grave but this unusual gorgeous beauty is a keeper for me.

Screenshot_2016-09-02-21-17-22.png

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I have Louis' clothing in Chili Pepper and another red.  Is it possible for you to describe the difference in the "scarlet red"?     I did order the quilted jacket in navy and it should be here soon.

@Daysdee

Chili Pepper to me has a little smidge of brown in it when I hold the two colors together. Two very different reds. I think the CP is, or could be the more casual color and Scarlet kicks it up to a richer tone. No blue undertones.

Louis is a maestro with his colors. Even if an option is not a favorite of mine I've learned a couple hard lessons and trust his eye. (This mostly applies to crummy pics or my skewed impression with the on air lighting, stuff like that...)

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom @Daysdee

Check out the video for the Cady shirt for the Scarlet color and the lower photo with the ribbon necklace is a good representation of the color too.

Screenshot_2016-09-02-22-29-43.pngScreenshot_2016-09-02-22-27-54.png

Respected Contributor

@Maxine49 and rochelleS

Thanks again for the help. It doesn't look too blue. I think I'll try it. It looks so gorgeous in pics. And Rochelle, I saw that necklace but passed, but may just have to give it a try, esp if I have the red cardigan to go with it. I didn't know they'd honor that price for 30 days. Good to know! lol at your Orthodox Jewish Grandfather. Smiley Happy

Thanks so much!!
Respected Contributor

Scarlet is not what I think of as a blue red. I can't wear ruby, wine, etc. This is a very clear true red:think Santa!

I do have a chili pepper WK; I bought it to match a skirt. I can get away with a brown red, but not a blue one.

I stopped buying colors that weren't "me." I wasn't wearing them.

Rochelle: that's hysterical. My orthodox grandmother would not think of this necklace as religious crosses unless you told her. I think they look more like crosses as in "Red Cross." I don't wear crosses but would wear this necklace.

Super Contributor

I am a bit confused.  I thought Louis had mentioned that scarlet is on the side of blue red?  I am thinking about the cardigan but I WANT a blue red.  To anyone with ruby pieces - does the scarlet have more or less blue than the ruby?

A couple of years ago Louis did a zip up blazer, round neckline in his wonderful ponte - it came in red, gray, blue I believe.  Does anyone have that jacket in red to compare with the scarlet?  I recall that red jacket was described as a true red, no orange or blue undertones, and I found it a tad too orange-y for me.  

I love red, but I am very particular about what color red I wear.  I am very fair , blonde, green eyes with distinct pink undertones, and have to have blue-based reds.  Thanks to anyone who can clarify for me! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I must be the only one who never studied Colors 101.  When I hear "it's a blue red": Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@santorini

think of it more as warm red vrs cool red. Warm reds have more yellow, cool reds have more blue

imgres.png

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

Santorini, go to Home Depot or Lowe's and look at paint colors - you will immediately see the differences between all the reds out there.  Warm-based reds (orange reds) typically look best on people who look great in warm-based colors.  Usually they will have more yellow/olive undertones in skin color.  Cool-based reds (blue reds) typically look best on those who have pink undertones in skin color.  

When I hold various reds near my face, I find it amazing how one will flatter and another won't.  I am kind of an odd-ball when it comes to warm vs. cool colors.  Warm colors tend to make me look sallow and tired, and I certainly don't need to look any more sallow or tired than I do already.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@crazycockermom

Hey! You are so welcome. Just have fun choosing accessories. Don't let it become a chore. Here's a piece that could work if you like it...just opened the pkg and it's stunning. On sale, 49+ with ez pays. I bot it for 39 and change last Saturday. Ask CS for that price, they'll honor it for 30 days. It's not overwhelming, fits the neckline beautifully, exceptional quality. My Orthodox Jewish Grandfather probably just turned over in his grave but this unusual gorgeous beauty is a keeper for me.

Rochelle,
I called CS and they said they had no record of the Fluted Bead Cross Necklace being on sale for $39. Can you give me more information about the time and nature of the sale? I assume last Saturday was the 27th but she asked me which show it was or what sale it was? Thanks for helping.