Valued Contributor

Re: Reviews - September 18 Purchases

I received the port wk pants in petite small. The color is beautiful and I think the color 

reminds me of the color called oxblood. In the past I've had to alter the length, but with a kitten heel shoe, they seem fine. The drape is beautiful and very "St.John" at a fraction of the cost. I bought the port turtleneck and the two are a beautiful column of color. I look forward to the matching coat. Sublime! Women who do not shop QVC  and LDO would never suspect that such sophistication can be had at such affordable prices. I also purchased the sienna top in medium. I prefer it to skim the body. It looks so pretty with the  wk  pants.The only item I am on the fence about is the heather port v neck sweater. I own that sweater in a variety of colors and the style has always been one of my favorites. But somehow the color doesn't thrill me all that much with the port wk pants. The color seems  "off". Maybe it's because it's a heather fabrication. I'll revisit it in a few days and then decide.

What can we look forward to in the October show, besides the coat and leather jacket?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received the WK pants in Port in my usual pants size and in petite, but they are huge, wide, puddling, no column of color for me this time around.  The matching tunic was way too big as well.  

I'm returning them, will try and lose more weight so I can get one size down and have it fit.  I think you need to be tall to carry off this look; the tunic sweater came to just above my knees, and then the puddling wide pants.....not good.

The swing sweater in dark cherry is beautiful, but I ordered up to XL from the usual L in this sweater as the Forest Green one in L about a month ago is a bit snug through the middle and hips.  This new one in XL is so big it is like a joke, so it's going back too, and I am not going to try a smaller size as it could be like the green one, snug.

There seems to be a huge difference between L and XL and I fit somewhere in between.

The Sienna Modernist top is lovely, but too big in the arms and bust, very slippery and droopy.  I did order my usual size XL in  a straight cut (no shark bite or flared hems), so I will take it in, tailor the arms for a sleeker slimmer fit, because the fit through the body is ok, generous, but ok, and the colors are magnificent.  I can also push up the sleeves.  

The winter white WK scarf.....perfection!

ETA:  Ok, I re-tried the dark cherry swing sweater and it is fine.  No, better than fine, it is beautiful and just what my mostly-neutral wardrobe for fall/winter desperately needs.  It's a little large in the arms but acceptable, better than too tight elsewhere.  I know I'll wear it often.

So I am only returning the WK pants, just too big all over and I know I wouldn't wear them.  However they are incredibly beautiful and the quality is superb.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1jac wrote:

I received the port wk pants in petite small. The color is beautiful and I think the color 

reminds me of the color called oxblood. In the past I've had to alter the length, but with a kitten heel shoe, they seem fine. The drape is beautiful and very "St.John" at a fraction of the cost. I bought the port turtleneck and the two are a beautiful column of color. I look forward to the matching coat. Sublime! Women who do not shop QVC  and LDO would never suspect that such sophistication can be had at such affordable prices. I also purchased the sienna top in medium. I prefer it to skim the body. It looks so pretty with the  wk  pants.The only item I am on the fence about is the heather port v neck sweater. I own that sweater in a variety of colors and the style has always been one of my favorites. But somehow the color doesn't thrill me all that much with the port wk pants. The color seems  "off". Maybe it's because it's a heather fabrication. I'll revisit it in a few days and then decide.

What can we look forward to in the October show, besides the coat and leather jacket?

In my notes, for October, a multi station necklace (48"?) with  (3"?) earrings 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

My Mardi Gras beauty arrived I am actually wearing it now....just around the house for now LOL.  I am a happy camper even though I am still waiting for orders.

Still waiting for my dark cherry and forest green WK sweater and both WK petite pants....still in processing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received the mock neck swing cardi in cherry and OMG, looks really nice on me. I'm a 16 again...the large is VERY roomy, room enough to put a tneck under if it's really cold. I love the knit pattern, black contrast and zipper pull .  Will rate 👍 A294607

Valued Contributor

@author, just dreaming, but wouldn't it be nice if QVC would graduate the sizes between L and XL?  As it is there is a gap between L and XL, and then 1X is very nearly the same size as XL. AAAAAGH!!!

Respected Contributor

@JGalt

Exactly!  I find the difference to be so great, the L is just a bit too small, the XL has become the old 1X.  

When I first began acquiring my Linea collection (!) there was L then 1X. When XL appeared it was Hallelujah, and now gradually XL has morphed into the old 1X, sigh.  

I am still caught in a limbo between these sizes.  Many times a knit is forgiving, or a style with a flared hem will work perfectly, but often, as in a long tunic or dress it's very difficult even with precise measurements to guess the actual fit of a new item.  

The WK pants will be my first return in a long time, and the tunic is large but with skinny jeans it looks like it is supposed to be oversized and casual, very nice.

Trusted Contributor

XL is an important size for me who needs extra sleeve length, smaller neckline and closer shoulder seams than 1X provides. There IS a difference.
Respected Contributor

I'm waiting for my pieces to arrive too. I'm really wanting to try one of the floral blouses. At first I thought no, but now I want one. Good shirt for FL since I won't be ordering many of the winter items. Can't decide on alabaster or blackberry...
Honored Contributor

I am still waiting for my order.  No sign of it yet!