Respected Contributor

Reviews - September 18 Purchases

I finally came out of the woods and bought a few things this autumn.

A297627 - charcoal gray WK midi skirt - ordered XS, my ordinary size. It fits well and is made well but I will be returning it.  I am one of the oddballs who likes heavy fabrics.  This is a medium weight ENR (to my fingers anyway). I intended to wear this with shorter sweaters, not tunics, maybe with a blouse tucked in, and a wide belt.  I can see this skirt getting saggy butt lickety split.

A217629 - heather navy WK v-neck sweater - XS.  I love this quietly sexy sweater, which I already have in charcoal gray, wine, and espresso.  This is lighter blue and black heather.  I don't know if that was apparent from the description or video.  So it doesn't really have a navy vibe.  It matches my Talbots indigo straight leg cords perfectly.  I also ordered the heather pine and heather port options, but those are still in process.

Honored Contributor

Re: Reviews - September 18 Purchases

Thanks for starting this thread. @Favorite Son

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I haven't received my midi skirts yet, but I hope they are like the ones I already own from the past. I own both long and short WK skirts and have never had a problem. I'm still wearing them and they are years old.

Respected Contributor

My WK tunic in Port arrived, A295878, and the color is gorgeous.  I ordered the larger of my WK sizes, XL, to give me enough room through the hips and the top part is a bit large, and the sleeves are about 5" too long.  I cuffed them and that worked ok, but the large top/shoulder/bust area is something I'll have to consider when making the keep/not keep decision.  

It's quite long, about 3" above my knees, so it is a little overwhelming on me.  I may return this one despite its beautiful color.

Respected Contributor

@author

Thanks for your review.  I was hesitant which size to purchase.  I purchased the smaller of my WK sizes.  Possibly, for a change, I might have made the right decision.  I am still concerned about the wl pant size I purchased.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The port WK tunic and matching pants just arrived.  I ordered them yesterday afternoon!!!!  WHAT????  Couldn't believe the speedy delivery!

I ordered the tunic in my usual size small and it fits, but is definitely generous, especially in sleeve length (no problem---just folded back) and hip area.  The shoulders and upper bust area are just right. For me, this neckline is perfection!  I love this color--have the midi dress in it too---and think it looks totally divine and POPS with the copper ox etruscan necklace and earrings.  KEEPER

I ordered the port pants in the smaller of my two WK sizes, an XS---the same size I have in the earlier version in green and black.  They fit nicely, are a bit roomier than I expected in the leg, but certainly fine. ANOTHER KEEPER

Honestly, this outfit is as comfortable as any pair of pajamas or loungewear I have ever worn.  I am retired, have no need for more clothes, but I swear I just can't resist picking up a couple "lovelies" every time Louis has a show!!!!

Oh, one more thing---@favoriteson, I was so surprised to hear about the possibility of bagging on the WK midi skirt.  I ordered that one too, but it hasn't arrived.  In Jac's pre-show Facebook post, she specifically said "No bagging ever!  I hate that!!" in her description of the skirt.  We shall see......hope she was right.  I HATE BAGGING TOO!  PS: UPDATE:  Skirt just arrived and boy do I love it----color, fit, length, back slit---SO SLIMMING.  It may be my favorite so far----assuming it keeps its shape.  It certainly hugs nicely right now.  ANOTHER WINNER FOR ME!!!!

Valued Contributor

I've had WK midi skirts and pants for few years. No problem with bagging. Love them.

Honored Contributor

@author wrote:

My WK tunic in Port arrived, A295878, and the color is gorgeous.  I ordered the larger of my WK sizes, XL, to give me enough room through the hips and the top part is a bit large, and the sleeves are about 5" too long.  I cuffed them and that worked ok, but the large top/shoulder/bust area is something I'll have to consider when making the keep/not keep decision.  

It's quite long, about 3" above my knees, so it is a little overwhelming on me.  I may return this one despite its beautiful color.

Try going down one size, it might be one size too large. I ran into this problem when I had lost weight, misjudging what size I was.

Honored Contributor

The Heather port V neck sweater arrived and it's beautiful, just enough heathering but not overwhelmingly whitish, it is definitely a port color-- to my eyes its along the purple side. 

A bunch of other items arrived and will look at later.

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom

Good advice.  After hearing that review I am glad I purchased the smaller of my wk sizes for the port tunic.  I have not lost weight, but I have been purchasing small more often in my new wk pieces.