Honored Contributor

Review of Stand Collar Button Down Top W Pointed Hemline!

A287617 arrived this PM in the pale pink. It is an exact collar match to the sleeveless gauze crepe top from last summer in pale pink. I am glad I went with my instincts and ordered the XS. It is fine through the shoulders w/o tautness seen. The points of the shark bite hems stopped mid thigh on my 5'2" frame. It is not as long on me as I thought it might be. Package wrinkles easily steamed out with a hand held steamer. 

Would love more items in this fabric.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Re: Review of Stand Collar Button Down Top W Pointed Hemline!

I ordered both the pink and the aqua, but they are still in process of shipping.

Did you go down a size?  I also ordered the XS, because the chest measurement was 42" in the small and 40" in the XS.  I'm very small on top and I don't have wide shoulders.  I'm hoping the XS fits well.

Honored Contributor

@Lyn08 Yes, I went down one size as I felt the relaxed fit would look like a big shirt on me in my usual Small for tops.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom  Thank you for review I also went down a size and one of my tops shipped already.  When I saw the show I also ordered the aqua which is in process.  

Glad you are happy with your purchases looking forward to mine.  I ordered the linen color first love the look with the white pants -  had visions of Judi Dench a la Best Marigold Hotel movie!

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom

Yes!  Judi Dench, the movie, of course!  It's a great top, in all ways and I now have a great mental image to live up to.

Valued Contributor

I call it a "wow".  Received in largest plus and did not size down.  I tried it on over one of Louis' new-this-season white tees.  As an open jacket it looks smashing but just as good buttoned partially or all the way up.  I'm so impressed. He's right about this just crying out for fun necklace toppers.  Can't wait for the wooden and gold bead necklaces to come out as well as the sea glass one.  It is proportioned just right for the body..  Wanted no tightness across the shoulders and around the upper arms so I can wear a variety of things under at will, or not.  Some of my feather jersey tops look smashing underneath.  I do have the sleeveless A276293 crepe gauze tops from last year in all 3 colors and they look fabulous under this jacket top.  Got all colors but the linen which was not availble in my size.....and stayed that way.  I figured it was a shipping snafu.  It is going to be cool and breezy wearing.  I think the Judi Dench comparison is extremely apt.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Totally agree--it's a wow. I ordered 3 tunics and got the first one--the aqua mist. I sized down to a small and glad I did. The "click here" measurements were accurate and the shoulder-to-shoulder fit fine. I don't like anything "billowy" so the smaller size eliminates a too much fabric look. This color is GORGEOUS and the fabric is one of my Linea favorites. The length is spot on for me at 5'10" at mid thigh. Looking forward to getting the linen and black and I may just have to stalk one in the pink, too.Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

My pink and aqua tops still haven't shipped.  I just hope they don't go to back order.  I ordered them as soon as I saw them on-line.

Respected Contributor

My top arrive today - cannot believe this ordered on 20th usually takes minimum of 10 days but here it is yahoo!  This fast has never happened before.

Love love love this top, material great, I ordered down one size and I still have plenty of room.  Fits closer but not tight which is what I wanted.  I am pear shape small shoulders, arms, waist but hippy and sometimes too much flow makes me look bigger so went down from large to med. and it works fine.  Length perfect I am 5'4".

Now awaiting my aqua one -  very happy indeed with this purchase.

Trusted Contributor

MY pink top arrived today.  LOVE it!!!  I stayed with my normal Linea size of Medium and am glad I did.  My shoulders are broad for my size and my top fits perfectly in my shoulders and bust.  Plus, In the heat and humidity of summer, I can't stand impeding the flow of air in my garments.  It doesn't look like too much fabric on me at all. I also have the pink top from last year, and the two pieces are beatiful together.  I haven't tried it as yet with other things but am confident I will get a lot of wear from it.  Beautifully constructed as always with my Linea!