Respected Contributor

Re: Review of A297861 - Funnel Neck Sweater

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@GraceCO, @gardensla  -  I don't know if you saw my question, but need to ask, are you wearing the turtleneck rolled over?  I have a long neck, but the XS collar turned up hits me at the back of my head and comes over my chin, it's so tall.  I obviously can't wear it this way and it won't stay scrunched down.  I got the Fog Grey and love the color, but don't know what to do.  I noticed two of the models rolled the neck down too and only Kate wore it up.  Thanks so much for your help.

@IlliniGirl88

Sorry, I didn't see your question earlier...The day I wore the sweater, it was chilly/snowy and the cowl neck was up to keep me warm. But, because it doesn't hug the neck as a TN would, I think I'd usually wear it folded down, so it's "tucked" way. HTH.

Esteemed Contributor

@IlliniGirl88

It's been in the upper 90s so have not had a chance to wear. I expect I'll wear it standing up 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

@IlliniGirl88

The neck hits me slightly above my jaw. I like it, especially as it sits away from my face.  Definitely a cold weather look/style. I did fold it down but will probably only do this if I'm eating while wearing this sweater. Whatever you like is best. 

Trusted Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

I got this sweater in the blue fog and it's a winner. Tried it on and it was so soft & cozy that I couldn't take it off! Seriously. Wore it yesterday into the evening with the tags still on. 

I ordered up one size and glad I did. Louis recommended it and he's always right--listen to the designer and fit master...always. The fit is roomy, but not sloppy--if you know what I mean--and the fabric is not weighty and bulky. It's not too thin either--it's just right & comfortable. I had no trouble wearing it underneath a tweed blazer and it looked great over jeans and then flowy grey pants. The cowl neck drapes as it should and can be pulled up if you want to tie a scarf around it for added warmth.

This is the kind of sweater you reach for on a chilly day and are reluctant to take off at bedtime. At least, that's how I felt!

Grace, totally agree with your thoughts on the fit.  I ended up sending my small back for a medium.  While the small, my usual size, fit - I think the more roomy fit is a better and more comfy look for this style of sweater.

Super Contributor

I bought this sweater and its already been cold enough to wear. I have the cashew and wore the collar up. This is a cozy comfortable and nice looking sweater. I put it with Talbots rolled up jeans and booties. I have paired my sweaters down but this one works great for colder days. I stayed with my usual size but I think it could also be fine sized up.

Floral Pillow
Honored Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

@itsmagic - I think this is a style that would still look good a bit larger.  Of course, you can try the "free return" policy if you need the small.

@DecorDiva

On this style, yes.  I think it would still look good if it were a bit larger and I would then love it.  I would like the neck to be more cowl than turtle.

Trusted Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@DecorDiva wrote:

@itsmagic - I think this is a style that would still look good a bit larger.  Of course, you can try the "free return" policy if you need the small.

@DecorDiva

On this style, yes.  I think it would still look good if it were a bit larger and I would then love it.  I would like the neck to be more cowl than turtle.

I also prefer the cowl neck, but there was something about these sweaters - the knit, the colors, the coziness, that made me want 2 of them.  Louis's big deal coming in Dec is a swing sweater with a cowl neck.  I'll probably get 1 or 2 of those.  He mentioned two colors (but I can't remember now) and said the other 2 will be a surprise.

Respected Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

I got this sweater in the blue fog and it's a winner. Tried it on and it was so soft & cozy that I couldn't take it off! Seriously. Wore it yesterday into the evening with the tags still on. 

I ordered up one size and glad I did. Louis recommended it and he's always right--listen to the designer and fit master...always. The fit is roomy, but not sloppy--if you know what I mean--and the fabric is not weighty and bulky. It's not too thin either--it's just right & comfortable. I had no trouble wearing it underneath a tweed blazer and it looked great over jeans and then flowy grey pants. The cowl neck drapes as it should and can be pulled up if you want to tie a scarf around it for added warmth.

This is the kind of sweater you reach for on a chilly day and are reluctant to take off at bedtime. At least, that's how I felt!

Grace, totally agree with your thoughts on the fit.  I ended up sending my small back for a medium.  While the small, my usual size, fit - I think the more roomy fit is a better and more comfy look for this style of sweater.

@DecorDiva

So glad you could get an exchange for the larger size. I think you'll be happy with that roomier fit. I've been wearing that sweater often during our chilly days here and like the extra room. I may need to get another one...

Trusted Contributor

@GraceCO - I am glad I can return for another size - that isn't always possible with Linea items.  It does take a while, as I had to return the heathered V-neck sweater for a larger size.  I hope the inventory maintains. 

Respected Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

@GraceCO - I am glad I can return for another size - that isn't always possible with Linea items.  It does take a while, as I had to return the heathered V-neck sweater for a larger size.  I hope the inventory maintains. 

So true @DecorDiva  I got stuck on the WK swing dresses...I should've ordered 2 sizes, but chose the larger of my 2 sizes. Of course, it was too big and only the fawn was available in a medium. So, I'm on "stalking duty" now!