Respected Contributor

Re: Review of A297861 - Funnel Neck Sweater

[ Edited ]

@GraceCO - I ordered the blue and camel on October 10.  It shows "in transit", but doesn't show that it is in the US yet.  I'll just have to be patient.

I ordered the Blue Fog sweater, but I haven't received it yet.  I was just concerned it might be scratchy, and my skin is very sensitive.   I also have nerve damage on my arm.  If I don't have any problems, and I like the look and fit of the sweater, I may also order the Cashew.

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Ladies who ordered blue fog color - is it more grey color than blue?  Is it a more muted color?

I ordered the cashew but did like the blue but if more grey in color would wash me out.

thanks for any replies.  Excuse font iPad doing its own thing! Yet again!

@dulwich Blue Fog is what I'd call a dusky color. A muted blue with definite gray. Rain cloud bluish gray. It is not pale, more medium toned. You could even say a smokey blue gray.  

I don't know if all grays wash you out but this is definitely a blue gray combination. It is dark denim friendly. Linea navy and dark charcoal gray both can be worn with this shade.

The Lilac Mist washed me out. The Cashew is my favorite. I received a mis-tagged Blue Fog. It's xxs, not xs.  I'll return for a small. Consider sizing up, it suits the style of this sweater.

Respected Contributor

@Lyn08 wrote:

@GraceCO - I ordered the blue and camel on October 10.  It shows "in transit", but doesn't show that it is in the US yet.  I'll just have to be patient.

I ordered the Blue Fog sweater, but I haven't received it yet.  I was just concerned it might be scratchy, and my skin is very sensitive.   I also have nerve damage on my arm.  If I don't have any problems, and I like the look and fit of the sweater, I may also order the Cashew.

@Lyn08

To me, the sweater feels soft and cozy. All you can really do is try it for yourself and see...Hope it works for you. You can always return it. And, your berets are taking awhile! Geez. At least you have a status on them.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS  Thank you for your great reply.  I have already ordered the cashew but after reading your thread know that the blue will not work for me.  Thanks again am looking forward to receiving the cashew.

I did ask Louis about sizing up and he was all for it says this works well being a bit oversized so I did size up.

have a good Sunday.

Respected Contributor

How are all of you wearing the neck - up or turned down?  Curious, because although I have a long neck, the neck on the XS is up to my jawline.  It's a loose neck fit, not tight but I noticed in the video only Kate was modeling it up and the other two models turned the neck down on their sweaters.  Love your thoughts on how you're wearing it.

Respected Contributor

I will wear it both ways, but indoors mostly rolled over.

Respected Contributor

@dulwich

I agree with @rochelleS. The blue fog is muted and leans grey.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought this in cashew and it's just so cozy and yet sort of elegant, too. Very old money, country house look.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I bought this in cashew and it's just so cozy and yet sort of elegant, too. Very old money, country house look.

Perfect description!

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO, @gardensla  -  I don't know if you saw my question, but need to ask, are you wearing the turtleneck rolled over?  I have a long neck, but the XS collar turned up hits me at the back of my head and comes over my chin, it's so tall.  I obviously can't wear it this way and it won't stay scrunched down.  I got the Fog Grey and love the color, but don't know what to do.  I noticed two of the models rolled the neck down too and only Kate wore it up.  Thanks so much for your help.