Trusted Contributor

Review of A297861 - Funnel Neck Sweater

[ Edited ]

I ordered two of these sweaters - in the blue fog and cashew.  Both are great colors, the black thread in the pecan more apparent whereas the blue has a more solid color appearance.  The knit is beefy, yet lightweight.  The collar forms a cozy ring around the neck - as if wearing a scarf.  Although I can't usually wear turtlenecks (due to my personal summer) I'm reserving these for when I will be outside in the colder weather.  It's also a great foil for any of Louis' fab necklaces. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Review of A297861 - Funnel Neck Sweater

@DecorDiva  -  Thanks for the reivew, I ordered the same two colors but haven't received them yet.  I should get them tomorrow or Friday.  The colors are beautiful and I thought they looked soft and snuggly!Woman Very Happy 

Respected Contributor

@DecorDiva  I ordered the sweater in pecan and have not received it yet. I was wondering about the fit. I couldn’t decide on whether to get a small or medium (I’m an 8-10) and ended up ordering the medium. Do you think it runs true to size?

Esteemed Contributor

Me too @DecorDiva wondering about the fit, please.

Respected Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

I ordered two of these sweaters - in the blue fog and cashew.  Both are great colors, the black thread in the pecan more apparent whereas the blue has a more solid color appearance.  The knit is beefy, yet lightweight.  The collar forms a cozy ring around the neck - as if wearing a scarf.  Although I can't usually wear turtlenecks (due to my personal summer) I'm reserving these for when I will be outside in the colder weather.  It's also a great foil for any of Louis' fab necklaces. 

@DecorDivaThanks for the review! Are you finding the material scratchy at all? The sweater does look cozy soft...I'm waiting for mine in blue fog. I already received the beret I ordered from LDO's supplier and the color is gorgeous.

Living in Colorado, I have a ton of turtlenecks, so the funnel neck is one I don't usually buy. Couldn't resist trying it. I'm hoping I like the neckline...

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered my usual size S and it fit well.  I have a larger hip measurement than the bust - so the side slits help.  It is s definitely not oversized.  It fits like the shaker sweaters he did last season.  I'm pretty sensitive to coarse knits and wool content and I didn't find this scratchy at all.  I ( I even have to cut my tags out of the necklines).  Everyone has different sensitivities.   It's hard to tell just from trying it on, but it seemed like it would be warm.

Trusted Contributor

@itsmagic - I think this is a style that would still look good a bit larger.  Of course, you can try the "free return" policy if you need the small.

Trusted Contributor

@GraceCO - I'm glad you got the beret - what a great combo that will be!

Respected Contributor

@DecorDiva  Thanks for your reply. I live in a cold winter area and frequently wear a long sleeved t-shirt under my sweaters to keep me warm so I decided to go with the medium rather than small to accommodate that. I’m excited to receive it. 

Respected Contributor

I ordered this sweater one size larger, and it worked out perfectly. I normally wear an xxs in WK,sweaters and ordered the xs. I wanted it easy. I think I could have even ordered the sm, but then it would have been oversized which would have been good too. I got the lilac mist and the fog blue. They are both beautiful colors. I also ordered the berets and they look great. I will probably wear a TN under them when it gets really cold. I love mine.